Aruba AP-215 802.11n/ac Dual 3x3:3 Radio Integrated Antenna Wireless Indoor Access Point - Controller Managed
• Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology automatically assigns channel and power settings, provides airtime fairness and ensures that APs stay clear of all sources of RF interference to deliver reliable, high-performance WLANs.
• 210 series APs can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend corporate resources to remote locations, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available.
• Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference
• Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers thread protection and mitigation, and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances.
• IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URL and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats.
• Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys.
• SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic.
• Max. power consumption: 14.9 watts (PoE) or 13.6 watts (DC). Excludes power consumed by external USB device (and internal overhead); this could add up to 6 watts (PoE) or 5.5 watts (DC) for 5W/1A USB device
• Max. power in idle mode: 8.2 watts (PoE) or 7.4 watts (DC)
• Direct DC source: 12 Vdc nominal, +/- 5%
• Power over Ethernet: 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af/802.3at compliant source. USB port is disabled when using an 802.3af PoE power source; for unrestricted operation with PoE power, use an 802.3at compliant source
• Power sources sold separately
• When both power sources are available, DC power takes priority
Wireless Radio Specifications
• AP type: Indoor, dual radio, 5 GHz 802.11ac and 2.4 GHz 802.11n 3×3:3
• Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz (Radio 0) and 2.4 GHz (Radio 1)
• 3×3 MIMO with three spatial streams and up to 1.3 Gbps wireless data rate
• Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply): 2.4000 to 2.4835 GHz, 5.150 to 5.250 GHz, 5.250 to 5.350 GHz, 5.470 to 5.725 GHz, 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
• Available channels: Dependent on configured regulatory domain
• Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum
• Supported radio technologies: 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS), 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
• Supported modulation types: 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK; 802.11a/g/n/ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
• Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
• Max.(aggregate, conducted total) transmit power (limited by local regulatory requirements): 2.4-GHz band: +23 dBm (18 dBm per chain); 5-GHz band: +23 dBm (18 dBm per chain); Note: conducted transmit power levels exclude antenna gain. For total (EIRP) transmit power, add antenna gain
• Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) minimizes interference from LTE cellular networks
• Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance
• Cyclic delay/shift diversity (CDD/CSD) for improved downlink RF performance
• Short guard interval for 20-MHz, 40-MHz and 80-MHz channels
• Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception
• Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput
• Transmit beamforming (TxBF) for increased signal reliability and range
• Supported data rates (Mbps): 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11; 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54; 802.11n: 6.5 to 450 (MCS0 to MCS23); 802.11ac: 6.5 to 1,300 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 3)
• 802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
• 802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
• 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80
• Six integrated downtilt omni-directional antennas for 3×3 MIMO with maximum antenna gain of 5.0 dBi in 2.4 GHz and 5.0 dBi in 5 GHz. Built-in antennas are optimized for horizontal ceiling mounted orientation of the AP. Downtilt angle for maximum gain is roughly 30 degrees.
• One 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interface (RJ-45): Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX; 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE); PoE-PD: 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af or 802.3at PoE
• DC power interface, accepts 1.7/4.0-mm center-positive circular plug with 9.5-mm length
• USB 2.0 host interface (Type A connector)
• Visual indicators (LEDs): Power/system status; Ethernet link status (ENET); Radio status (two; RAD0, RAD1)
• Reset button: factory reset (during device power-up)
• Serial console interface (RJ-45)
• Kensington security slot
• Operating Temperature: 0 C to +50 C
• Operating Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
• Storage and transportation Temperature: -40 C to +70 C
• Dimensions (unit, excluding mount accessories): 180 mm x 180 mm x 45 mm (W x D x H)
• Weight (unit, excluding mount accessories): 610 g
Please note our standard dispatch and delivery time frames will extend during this period. Our courier partners will provide a contactless delivery service. We are experiencing large stock fluctuations with our distribution warehouses. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.