The HP 2530 Switch Series consists of 12 fully managed Layer 2 edge switches that deliver cost-effective, reliable, secure, and easy-to-use connectivity to business networks. Designed for entry-level to midsize enterprise networks, these Gigabit and Fast Ethernet switches deliver full Layer 2 capabilities with optional PoE+, enhanced access security, traffic prioritization, and IPv6 host support. The HP 2530 Switch Series offers uplink flexibility with four Gigabit Ethernet uplinks on all 24- and 48-port models. Gigabit Ethernet uplinks are four small form-factor pluggable (SFP) slots for fiber connectivity on the 24- and 48-port Gigabit Ethernet models. The Fast Ethernet 24- and 48-port models have two SFPs and two RJ-45 Gigabit uplinks. The compact and fanless 8-port switches offer additional flexibility with two dual-personality ports that can be used as either RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet or SFP ports. For customers implementing Power over Ethernet for voice, video, or wireless deployments, the HP 2530 PoE+ switches are IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at compliant with up to 30 W per port. The switch series is easy to use, deploy, and manage via SNMP, CLI, and Web GUI. It offers flexible wall, table, and rack mounting; quiet operation with fanless and variable speed fan models; and improved power savings, with features such as IEEE 802.3 az (Energy Efficient Ethernet). These switches include a lifetime warranty, as well as all software releases and technical phone support.
• Traffic prioritization (IEEE 802.1p): allows real-time traffic classification with support for eight priority levels mapped to either two or four queues; uses weighted deficit round robin (WDRR) or strict priority (SP)
• Simplified QoS configuration: Port-based: prioritizes traffic by specifying a port and priority level. VLAN-based: prioritizes traffic by specifying a VLAN and priority level.
• Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
• Rate limiting: sets per-port ingress enforced maximums for all ingressed traffic or for broadcast, multicast, or unknown destination traffic
• Layer 4 prioritization: enables prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
• Choice of management interfaces: Web graphical user interface (GUI): HTML-based easy-to-use graphical interface allows configuration of the switch from any Web browser. Command-line interface (CLI): provides advanced configuration and diagnostics through a robust CLI. Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv1/v2c/v3): allows a switch to be managed with a variety of third-party network management applications.
• Virtual stacking: provides single IP address management for up to 16 switches
• sFlow (RFC 3176): delivers wire-speed traffic accounting and monitoring configured by SNMP and CLI with three terminal encrypted receivers
• IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): automates device discovery protocol for easy mapping by network management applications
• Logging: provides local and remote logging of events via SNMP (v2c and v3) and syslog; provides log throttling and log filtering to reduce the number of log events generated
• IPv6: IPv6 host: allows the switch to be deployed and managed at the edge of an IPv6 network. Dual stack (IPv4/IPv6): supports connectivity for both protocols; provides a transition mechanism from IPv4 to IPv6. MLD snooping: forwards IPv6 multicast traffic to the appropriate interface; prevents IPv6 multicast traffic from flooding the network.
• IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE): provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras
• IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus: provides up to 30 W per port to IEEE 802.3 for PoE/PoE+-powered devices such as video IP phones, IEEE 802.11n wireless access points, and advanced pan/tilt/zoom security cameras (see product specifications for total PoE power available)
• Auto-MDIX: adjusts automatically for straight-through or crossover cables on all ports
• Pre-standard PoE support: detects and provides power to pre-standard PoE devices; see the list of supported devices in the product FAQ at www.hp.com/networking/support
• VLANs: provides support for 512 VLANs and 4,094 VLAN IDs
• Jumbo packet support: supports up to 9220-byte frame size to improve the performance of large data transfers; 8- and 24-port Fast Ethernet models automatically support up to 2000-byte frames with no configuration needed
• 16K MAC address table: provides access to many Layer 2 devices
• GARP VLAN Registration Protocol: allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs
• Ports 8 RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports (IEEE 802.3 Type 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u Type 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab Type 1000BASE-T, IEEE 802.3at PoE+);Media Type: Auto-MDIX;Duplex: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX: half or full, 1000BASE-T: full only, 2 dual-personality ports;each port can be used as either an RJ-45 10/100/1000 port (IEEE 802.3 Type 10Base-T
• IEEE 802.3u Type 100Base-Tx, IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet) or as a SFP slot (for use with SFP transceivers), 1 dual-personality (RJ-45 or USB micro-B) serial console port
• Memory and processor Processor: ARM9E @ 800 MHz, 128 MB flash, packet buffer size: 1.5 MB dynamically allocated, 256 MB DDR3 DIMM
• Latency: 100 Mb Latency: < 7.4 µs (LIFO 64-byte packets), 1000 Mb Latency: < 2.6 µs (LIFO 64-byte packets)
• Throughput: up to 14.8 million pps (64-byte packets) Switching capacity 20 Gb/s PoE capability: 67 W
• Power consumption 86 W (maximum), 13.4 W (standby)
• Input voltage 100-127/200-240 VAC
• Operating temperature range 0 to 45°C
• Operating humidity range 15 to 95% @ 104°F (40°C) (noncondensing)
• Heat dissipation 65 BTU/hr (68.58 kJ/hr)
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 25.4 x 15.95 x 4.45 cm
• Weight: 1kg
• IMC - Intelligent Management Center
• Command-line interface
• Web browser
• Configuration menu
• Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or Micro USB)
• IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB
• Repeater MIB
• Ethernet Interface MIB
HP 2530-8G-PoE+ 8 Port PoE Ethernet Layer 2 Switch
We are a HPE Silver NZ Partner
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.