- View all categories...
- View all categories...
- View all categories...
- View all categories...
Aruba IAP-315 802.11n/ac Dual 2x2:2/4x4:4 MU-MIMO Radio Integrated Antenna Wireless Indoor Access Point - Instant
• Supports up to 1,733Mbps in the 5GHz band (with 4SS/VHT80 or 2SS/VHT160 clients) and up to 400Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band (with 2SS/VHT40 clients)
Built-in Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) radio
• Enables location based services with BLE-enabled mobile devices receiving signals from multiple Aruba Beacons at the same time
Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC)
• Minimizes interference from 3G/4G cellular networks, distributed antenna systems and commercial small cell/femtocell equipment
Quality of service for Unified Communication apps
• Supports priority handling and policy enforcement for unified communication apps, including Microsoft Skype for Business with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing
• Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology automatically assigns channel and power settings, provides airtime fairness and ensures that APs stay clear of all sources of RF interference to deliver reliable, high-performance WLANs
• The Aruba 310 Series APs can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available
Support for additional 5GHz bands
• Supports software upgrade to enable additional 5GHz spectrum when governments expand available frequencies
Intelligent app visibility and control
• AppRF technology leverages deep packet inspection to classify and block, prioritize or limit bandwidth for over 1,500 enterprise apps or groups of apps
• Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers threat protection and mitigation, and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances.
• IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URLs and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats.
• Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys.
Intelligent Power Monitoring (IPM)
• Enables the AP to continuously monitor and report its actual power consumption and optionally make autonomous decisions to disable certain capabilities
• For the 310 Series access points, the IPM power-save feature applies when the unit is powered by an 802.3af PoE source. By default, the USB interface will be the first feature to turn off if AP power consumption will exceed the available power budget. In rare cases, it may be necessary to take additional power saving measures, but in most cases, the 310 Series APs will operate in unrestricted mode.
• The AP supports direct DC power and Power over Ethernet (POE)
• When both power sources are available, DC power takes priority over POE
• Power sources are sold separately
• Direct DC source: 12Vdc nominal, +/- 5%: Interface accepts 2.1/5.5-mm center-positive circular plug with 9.5-mm length
• Power over Ethernet (POE): 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af/802.3at compliant source: Unrestricted functionality with 802.3at POE; When using IPM, the AP may enter power-save mode with reduced functionality when powered by an 802.3af POE source; Without IPM, the USB port is disabled and transmit power of the 2.4GHz radio chains is reduced by 3dB to 15dBm max when the AP is powered by and 802.3af POE source
• Maximum (worst-case) power consumption: 14.4W (802.3at POE), 13.6W (802.3af POE) or 12.7W (DC)
• Excludes power consumed by external USB device (and internal overhead); this could add up to 6.3W (POE) or 5.9W (DC) for a 5W/1A USB device
• Maximum (worst-case) power consumption in idle mode: 6.4W (POE) or 5.9W (DC)
Wireless Radio Specifications
• AP type: Indoor, dual radio, 5GHz 802.11ac 4x4 MIMO and 2.4GHz 802.11n 2x2 MIMO
• Software-configurable dual radio supports 5GHz (Radio 0) and 2.4GHz (Radio 1)
• 5GHz: Four spatial stream Single User (SU) MIMO for up to 1,733Mbps wireless data rate to individual 4x4 VHT80 or 2x2 VHT160 client devices
• 2.4GHz: Two spatial stream Single User (SU) MIMO for up to 400 Mbps wireless data rate to individual 2x2 VHT40 client devices (300Mbps for HT40 802.11n client devices)
• 5GHz: Four spatial stream Multi User (MU) MIMO for up to 1,733 Mbps wireless data rate to up to three MU-MIMO capable client devices simultaneously
• Support for up to 256 associated client devices per radio, and up to 16 BSSIDs per radio
• Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply): 2.400 to 2.4835GHz; 5.150 to 5.250GHz; 5.250 to 5.350GHz; 5.470 to 5.725GHz; 5.725 to 5.850GHz
• Available channels: Dependent on configured regulatory domain
• Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum
• Supported radio technologies: 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS); 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
• Supported modulation types: 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK; 802.11a/g/n/ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
• Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
• Maximum (conducted) transmit power (limited by local regulatory requirements): 2.4GHz band: +18 dBm per chain, +21dBm aggregate (2x2); 5GHz band: +18 dBm per chain, +24dBm aggregate (4x4); Note: conducted transmit power levels exclude antenna gain. For total (EIRP) transmit power, add antenna gain
• Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) minimizes interference from cellular networks
• Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance
• Cyclic delay/shift diversity (CDD/CSD) for improved downlink RF performance
• Short guard interval for 20MHz, 40MHz, 80MHz and 160MHz channels
• Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception
• Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput
• Transmit beam-forming (TxBF) for increased signal reliability and range
• Supported data rates (Mbps): 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11; 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54; 802.11n (2.4GHz): 6.5 to 300 (MCS0 to MCS15); 802.11n (5GHz): 6.5 to 600 (MCS0 to MCS31); 802.11ac: 6.5 to 1,733 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 4 for VHT20/40/80, NSS = 1 to 2 for VHT160)
• 802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
• 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80/160
• 802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
• Four integrated dual-band downtilt omni-directional antennas for 4x4 MIMO with maximum antenna gain of 3.1dBi in 2.4GHz and 5.0dBi in 5GHz. Built-in antennas are optimized for horizontal ceiling mounted orientation of the AP. The downtilt angle for maximum gain is roughly 30 degrees. The maximum gain of the combined (summed) antenna patterns for all elements operating in the same band is 3.9dBi in 2.4GHz and 5.7dBi in 5GHz.
• One 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interface (RJ-45): Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX
• 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
• USB 2.0 host interface (Type A connector)
• Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio
• Up to 4dBm transmit power (class 2) and -91dBm receive sensitivity
• Integrated antenna with roughly 30 degrees downtilt and peak gain of 3.4dBi (AP-314/IAP-314) or 1.5dBi (AP-315/IAP-315)
• Visual indicators (multi-color LEDs): for System and Radio status
• Reset button: factory reset (during device power up)
• Serial console interface (proprietary; optional adapter cable available)
• Kensington security slot
• Operating Temperature: 0 C to +50 C
• Operating Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
• Storage and transportation Temperature: -40 C to +70 C
• Dimensions (unit, excluding mount accessories): 182mm x 180mm x 48mm (W x D x H)
• Weight (unit, excluding mount accessories): 650 g
Our final day for dispatching orders for 2017 is Thursday 21st December. We recommend placing orders before this date for pre-Christmas delivery. Our offices close at 5pm, Friday 22nd December and reopen Monday 8th January.
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review