Zebra DS2278 2D Standard Range Handheld Bluetooth Scanner Kit - Black
• Since the default settings are optimised for the majority of scanning applications, you can use the DS2200 Series imager the moment you take it out of the box — no configuration required.
Auto-host Detect Cables
• Just plug the DS2200 Series into your Point of Sale (POS) and the auto-host detect cables will automatically identify the interface and connect the imager, simplifying and reducing setup time.
Easy Integration with a Tablet-based POS
• The DS2200 Series offers all the features you need to add high-quality scanning to your tablet-based POS. The Micro USB cable provides a low-cost charging alternative to a cradle. And with our simplified app development tools, you can easily configure and update the DS2200 Series right from the tablet.
Deploy Anywhere in the World
• With support for 97 international keyboards, the DS2200 Series is easy to deploy all around the world.
Easily Customize Settings with 123Scan
• This complementary software tool is so intuitive that even a first time user can easily set up a DS2200 Series imager. The wizard-driven interface makes it easy to embed all settings into a single programming barcode, enabling you to configure your devices with a single scan.
Backwards Compatible with Zebra LS2208 Series Cables
• If you use Zebra’s 1D LS2208 scanners today, you can use the same universal cables with the DS2200 Series, allowing you to leverage your existing accessory investment to minimize the cost of upgrading to a 1D/2D imager.
Instant Decoding with PRZM Intelligent Imaging
• Only from Zebra, PRZM’s software decode algorithms for the DS2200 Series deliver superior performance on poor quality barcodes. The result is first-time, every-time scanning to help your workers improve productivity at the checkout counter.
Unsurpassed Scanning Range
• Workers can scan barcodes across a wide range (1.23 cm to 36.8 cm), improving checkout speed and reducing training time.
Point-and-shoot Scanning Simplicity
• With omni-directional scanning, users never need to line up the imager and the barcode — unlike 1D scanners.
Patent Pending Technology for the Most Intuitive Aiming
• The aim line is similar to the 1D scanners you have today, providing your associates with a familiar experience. Additionally, the aim line guides users to scan at the ideal distance from the barcode — especially helpful when capturing wide barcodes.
Easiest Pairing on the Planet
• With our industry-first Scan-to-Connect technology, your workers can pair the cordless DS2278 with any Bluetooth enabled PC, tablet or smartphone in a single step.
Unique Direct Decode Indicator Improves Productivity
• The illumination on the barcode flashes to indicate a good decode, so workers know instantly if the barcode was captured correctly — regardless of how noisy the environment might be.
Fast, Easy and Flexible Charging
• Plug the imager directly into the host or any standard wall socket via the Micro USB cable to charge the DS2278 in just an hour. The Presentation Cradle, which provides hands-free scanning, charges the DS2278 in just four hours. The Presentation cradle charges the battery during use, so you can keep the scanner in service during charging. And since the Presentation Cradle doesn’t require a separate power supply, there are fewer accessories to purchase and manage.
Control Your Scanners from a Smartphone, Tablet or PC
• You can easily control the beeper, LED and Symbology settings; display scanned barcode data; access model and serial number information and more from Windows, Android and iOS hosts.
Eliminate Bluetooth Interference with
• Zebra’s Proprietary Wi-Fi Friendly Mode Ensure that your cordless DS2278 Bluetooth imagers only operate on channels that are not shared with your WLAN, protecting WLAN service levels for your workers and your customers.
A Battery Designed to Last
• The long-lasting 2400 mAh Lithium Ion battery in the cordless DS2278 will likely never need to be replaced, reducing total cost of ownership and simplifying everyday management by eliminating the need to purchase and manage a battery pool.
No-cost Tools to Meet Advanced Management and Application Development Needs
• If you have Imagers in different locations, you can remotely manage them all with our Scanner Management Service (SMS) application. Need a custom scanning application? Our Scanner Software Development Kits (SDKs) provides everything you need, including documentation, drivers, test utilities and sample source code for Windows, Android, iOS and Linux.
• Motion Tolerance: Up to 13 cm. per second for 13 mil UPC
• Swipe Speed (Hands-Free): Up to 76.2 cm. per second for 13 mil UPC
• Light Source: Aiming Pattern: Linear 624nm Amber LED
• Illumination (2) 645nm Super-Red LEDs
• Imager Field of View: 32.8° H x 24.8° V Nominal
• Image Sensor: 640 x 480 pixels
• Minimum Print Contrast: 25% minimum reflective difference
• Skew/Pitch/Roll Tolerance: +/- 65°; +/- 65°; 0-360°
• Minimum Element Resolution: Code 39 - 4.0 mil; Code 128 - 4.0 mil; Data Matrix - 6.0 mil; QR Code - 6.7 mil
• Operating Temperature - Scanner: 0.0° to 50.0° C
• Operating Temperature - Presentation Cradle: 0.0° to 40.0° C
• Storage Temperature: -40.0° to 70.0° C
• Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
• Drop Specification: Designed to withstand multiple drops at 1.5 m to concrete
• Tumble Specification: Designed to withstand 250 tumbles in 0.5 m tumbler
• Environmental Sealing: IP42
• Electrostatic Discharge (ESD): ESD per EN61000-4-2, +/-15 KV Air, +/-8 KV Direct, +/-8 KV Indirect
• Ambient Light Immunity: 0 to 10,000 Foot Candles/0 to 107,600 Lux
• Bluetooth Radio: Standard Bluetooth Version 4.0 with BLE: Class 2 10.0m, Serial Port and HID Profiles; output power adjustable down from 2.0 dBm in 8 Steps
• Battery Capacity/Battery Type: 2,400 mAh Li-Ion Battery
• Scans Per Battery Charge: 100,000 scans at 60 Scans per Minute or 60,000 scans at 10 Scans per Minute
• Operating Time: Per Full Charge 100.0 Hours
• 1D: Code 39, Code 128, Code 93, Codabar/NW7, Code 11, MSI Plessey, UPC/EAN, I 2 of 5, Korean 3 of 5, GS1 DataBar, Base 32 (Italian Pharma)
• 2D: PDF417, Composite Codes, TLC-39, Aztec, DataMatrix, MaxiCode, QR Code, Micro QR, Chinese Sensible (Han Xin), Postal Codes
• Input Voltage Range: 4.5 to 5.5 VDC Host Powered; 4.5 to 5.5 VDC External Power Supply
• Current: Operating Current at Nominal Voltage (5.0V): 250 mA (typical). (Note: Auto-Aim and Illumination on Acquiring Image); Presentation Cradle and Micro USB Cable: 500 mA (typical) Standard USB; 1100 mA (typical) BC 1.2 USB
• Colour: Twilight Black
• Keyboard Support: Supports over 90 international keyboards
• User Indicators: Direct Decode Indicator; good decode LEDs; Rear view LEDs; beeper (adjustable tone and volume)
• Dimensions - Scanner (HxWxD): 175 x 66 x 99 mm
• Dimensions - Presentation Cradle (HxWxD): 71 x 94 x 122 mm
• Weight (Approx.): 165 g
Due to the specialised nature of Point of Sale items this product cannot be exchanged or returned (unless faulty). Please verify compatibility before purchase & if you have any questions please contact us. We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Does this hand held scanner come with the USB interface cable to plug into my computer?
Yes. This Zebra DS2000 series barcode scanner will come with the interface cable to connect to a USB port on a PC
Can the cradle for this Zebra Barcode Scanner plug into a laptop via USB for scanning into a spreadsheet or is it for POS systems only?
The cradle for this Zebra hand held barcode scanner is connected via USB. You will be able to connect it to an available USB port on your laptop. Input will depend on the software you are using, however scanners convert barcoded information back into raw data and send it to the source device in the same way a computer keyboard would.
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.