Terms and Conditions
The customer agrees to be bound by this sale agreement and accepts its terms and conditions (unless the customer has signed a separate formal purchase agreement with Elive Limited, in which case the separate agreement shall govern).
Formation of Contract
When you order (via our online store or otherwise) you are making an offer to buy from us in accordance with our terms and conditions. Payment processing or order confirmation do not amount to acceptance by us. Our acceptance occurs (and the contract is formed) only when the goods are dispatched.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
If you’re acquiring the goods (or services) for the purpose of a trade or business then you agree that the consumer guarantees provided for in the CGA will not apply. If you’re acquiring the goods (or services) for a non-business purpose then these terms will be interpreted subject to the Act and nothing in these terms will limit your rights under the Act. We do not provide any Express Guarantees as defined in the Act.
Errors or Omissions
We are entitled at any time to correct all errors and omissions (whether clerical, computational or otherwise) in any advertising, quotation, pricing, invoice or acknowledgement. While our best efforts are made to keep our stock levels and pricing accurate, we cannot be responsible for any errors in stock levels and pricing. We will notify the customer promptly of any error or omission discovered by us, and provide the customer with a full refund.
Description of Goods
While we endeavour to provide accurate descriptions of goods on our site, we rely on information sourced from our suppliers and product manufactures. We cannot be held liable for any errors in product information, images and video content. If the goods do not match the description on our website, the customer should inform us immediately so that we may take appropriate action. We are not required to send an item of higher value if the correct item cannot be sourced at the same or lower price of the original item. A full refund of the original item is sufficient.
Delivery of Goods
Any delivery timeframes specified by us are made in good faith but are estimates only. We will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred due to a delay in delivery. We reserve the right to dispatch goods in one delivery or by instalments.
All goods are sent on a signature courier delivery service. If your delivery address has a contract in place with our courier providers, or you request for goods to be delivered with no signature, then we accept no responsibility for lost goods. If your delivery address is an apartment, shared living or working space with a designated courier drop off area or mailroom then delivery to this area is considered final and we accept no responsibility if goods are misplaced or lost from these locations.
Out of Stock Products & Backorders
If a product is ordered but later found to be out of stock the seller reserves the right to put the order on back order and confirm a suggested ETA. with the customer. The customer may ask Elive to either find and offer an alternative (similar) product (if an alternative option is available) price differences will need to be paid by the customer if the cost is higher or if cheaper the difference refunded by Elive to the customer or if the E.T.A. is to far offer a full refund to the customer.
Return of Goods for Credit or Refund
- Are accepted based on the reason for return, returns are the decision of Elive Limited. Simple reasons like I did not want this anymore are not acceptable for return. Full credit is accepted for goods that have not been opened and the packaging is undamaged, full credits are only accepted for items within 7 days after delivery to customer. Any un-opened and un-damaged goods outside of the 7 day return policy cannot be returned for credit unless Elive Limited allows the return with a restocking fee based on a special circumstance (this decision is made by Elive Limited). If accepted back there is a 15% restocking fee, maximum return period that may be accepted with a 15% restocking fee is 20 days (no longer) from your delivery.
- The Restocking fee could be more totally dependant on product and situation. (Final Decision is made by Elive Limited)
- Elive has the right to refuse a refund on opened packages and packages outside of the 7 day return policy. Opened packages within the 7 day return policy may be accepted back if Elive wishes to stock the item as a second (this decision is totally up to Elive limited). Opened and used returns incur a restocking fee of 25% to 50%.
- Software cannot be returned for Credit This is due to copyright regulations.
- Incompatibility issues are the responsibility of you the customer. If you are unsure of the compatibility of a device we recommend you contact us first before purchasing or investigate it with the manufacture of your device.
- Why we charge a restocking fee on returns is because we do not want customers purchasing from us on a try before buy basis.
- The restocking fee only is applicable when the item is outside of the returns period or is damaged or used. As we then need to re-sell this as a clearance item at a loss in price.
- All products must be retuned with all accessories and packaging we cannot accept back any product that is missing packaging or accessories.
- All Elive products specify the warranty associated with them, if no warranty is specified please check with Elive for warranty details.
- All hardware usually has a 1 year warranty or more.
- Software, toners, cartridges, paper etc do not have warranties.
- Software will usually have a tech support phone line with the manufacture.
- Faulty returns are covered by either Elive direct or the manufacture direct depending on the product. For example if it is an HP item with an Onsite warranty or a RTB warranty then the support will be direct with the HP N.Z. support line.
- Elive will advise you of your warranty procedures when you fill in our return form or feel free to contact us and ask.
- If Elive handles the faulty return/replacement (80% of our products we handle all the replacements). All you need to do is fill in the return form and Elive will get back to you with return instructions and a return number.
- Do not send items direct to Elive Limited. All returns have to go back direct to the service agents address that Elive supplies with a valid returns number.
Faulty Repair and Replacement
- All faulty repairs and replacements go direct to the service provider and are repaired or replaced under warranty. Only items within their warranty period can be covered under warranty.
- Warranty period starts from the date of invoice (not time of delivery).
- Products outside of warranty period cannot be returned for repair or replace.
- Software cannot be faulty No faulty returns for software. Any faults with software will be to do with users computer we suggest contacting the software provider to assist.
- Forward replacements, Elive does not do forward replacements unless you are a special commercial customer with trading history with Elive Limited #Special- faulty refunds. Are possible depending on the product and the warranty offered and also depending on how long you have had the item, in general faulty refunds on products will be accepted upto 20 days from invoice, however not all items can come back for faulty refund (faulty refunds are the decision of Elive Limited)
Shipping of faulty products or credits.
- The shipping or delivery of items for return for credit or fault to the returns team is the responsibility of the customer. Elive or the returns team will organise the return freight for the replacement product back to you. This is standard RTB (return to base procedure).
- If the wrong product has been supplied at Elives error e.g. you ordered a 4gb flash drive and received a 1gb flash drive. Then Elive will pay the return freight for you, this will be done by either courier pickup at your premises or posting a courier ticket to you or reimbursement of the freight cost at the same cost that was charged you to send the original item (depending on product and service team depends on what method above is used).
How to Process a Return or Credit
This is nice and simple just go to our returns and repairs page here: http://www.elive.co.nz/support_returns.php. Fill in the details on the returns for, then click submit. Our returns team will then organise a return number and details for returning the product for repair/replace or credit. Or advise if more detail is required or if the item cannot be returned.
You will get a reply within 24 hours of sending (weekdays only) usual time to get a authorised RA number is 1-2 days. However some RAs may take longer depending on the warranty provider and the reason for return.
All our products are supplied by N.Z. Distributors so all warranties are supported within N.Z. On very rare occasions when the distributor is out of stock or a product has become obsolete and no more are available in N.Z. to replace your unit there may be a shipping wait for a replacement to come to the distributor from overseas. If no replacement can be sourced then either an alternative product or credit will be offered.
Seller's Liability and Maintenance Guarantee
The buyer shall ensure that the goods ordered are fit and suitable for the purpose for which they are required before purchasing and the seller is under no liability if they are not.
The buyer is entitled to only such benefits as the seller may receive under any guarantee given to the seller by the manufacturer of the goods.
The warranty does not cover damage from misuse, accident, negligent, inappropriate or improper operation, maintenance, installation, modification, adjustment or overclocking .
The seller's liability under this contract and the warranty in this clause is confined to the buyer named in this contract, it being agreed that the seller has no liability to any purchaser of the goods from the buyer in that the buyer's rights under the contract are not assignable without the prior written consent of the seller.
The seller shall not be liable to the buyer for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay in delivery of the goods, or failure to perform any term of this contract where such delay or failure is caused directly or indirectly by an act of God, fire, armed conflict, labour dispute, civil commotion, intervention of a government, inability to obtain labour, materials or facilities and accidents, interruptions of, or delay in transportation or any other cause beyond the seller's control.
Disputes and Proper Law
Any claim or dispute arising hereunder shall be subject to arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Act 1996.
The contract including these terms and conditions of sale shall be governed by New Zealand Law.
Collection of your information:
When you request goods or services we may collect personal information supplied by you to enable us to perform our business activities. When you visit our website, we may use tools and methods (such as cookies, sessions and website statistics software) to collect certain information about your visit, including:
- Your IP address
- Technical information of your device, browser and operating system
- The referring website which was used to reach our website
- Date, time and duration of your visit
- The activity on our website
Disclosure of your information:
Where we engage third parties to undertake services, we may provide those third parties with some of your information if it is required to fulfil those services and only to the extent required to fulfil those services. Examples of such third party providers may include, but not limited to our distributor/suppliers, manufacturers, service agents, courier companies, payment processors and web hosting providers.
Except as detailed above we do not share, sell, rent, or lease information to third parties and your personal information will only be disclosed to those employees within our organisation who have a need to know in order to ensure you are provided with correct information or to request goods and services related to this website.
Access and corrections:
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for any inaccuracies to be corrected. If you make a request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a registered user of our website, you may also log in to your account and update your personal information.
Unsubscribing to electronic messages:
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us you may unsubscribe by using the link found in any promotional email, logging into your account and changing your preferences or contacting us at email@example.com
Storage and security:
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access or modification. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to your personal information, please let us know immediately. When using our website your information will pass through a secure server using SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. The encryption process ensures that your information can not be read by or altered by outside influences.
Please note we do not store any credit card information.
Third party websites:
This website may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of third party websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide.
Changes to Terms and Conditions