Special Product Offer:
StarTech 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Layer 2 Managed Switch
• This Gigabit Ethernet switch lets you expand your network by connecting up to eight RJ45 devices (four PoE+). The 8-port switch enables up to eight users to share files and devices, such as printers and scanners, over a LAN connection, by enhancing your existing network capacity with additional ports.
Supports PoE+ for flexible use
• The switch gives you the freedom to place your equipment in locations where power outlets are not available, with support for Power over Ethernet Plus. The network switch provides abundant PoE power, with up to 30 watts for each PoE port (120W budget).
Wall-mountable with front access
• With its compact design, you can wall-mount the Gigabit switch to provide convenient front access to ports and indicators. It’s ideal for a wide range of applications, including tight installation areas with significant electromagnetic interference, such as control cabinets and panels. The network switch is also DIN-rail mountable.
Efficient Layer 2 management
• The switch delivers efficient and stable performance, with Layer 2 management capabilities. This lets you control packet traffic on a busy network, and customize your settings to achieve optimal network performance, offering improved efficiency and reliability.
Rugged industrial design
• This rugged network switch features an IP30-rated metal housing and extended operating temperature range of -40°C to 75°C, which makes it ideal for a wide range of conditions. The sturdy metal enclosure offers durability, even in harsh industrial environments.
Reliable connection for seamless network performance
• With support for 10/100/1000Mbps transfer speeds, this managed switch supports full/half-duplex auto-negotiation, jumbo frames, and auto MDI/MDIX operation. This lets you connect your network devices quickly and easily, with little to no configuration required.
• Industry Standards: IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-FX, IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-SX,IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-LX, 4-Port IEEE 802.3af/at Power over Ethernet end-span PSE
• Ports: 8
• Auto MDIX: Yes
• Buffer Size: 512 KB
• Compatible Networks: 10/100/1000 Mbps
• Flow Control: IEEE 802.3x pause frame for full-duplex, back pressure for half-duplex
• Full Duplex Support: Yes
• Jumbo Frame Support: 9K max.
• Maximum Cable Length: 100 m
• Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 2 Gbps (Full-Duplex)
• MTBF: > 100,000 hrs @ 25 degrees C
• Supported Protocols: IEEE 802.3ad Port Trunk with LACP, IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1p Class of Service, RFC 3810 MLD version 2, RFC 792 ICMP, RFC 2068 HTTP, RFC 1112 IGMP version 1, RFC 2236 IGMP version 2, RFC 3376 IGMP version 3, RFC 2710 MLD version 1, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging, IEEE 802.1x Port Authentication Network Control, bIEEE 802.1ab LLDP, RFC 768 UDP, RFC 793 TFTP, RFC 791 IP
• Surge Protection: 6kV ESD, 6kV EFT
• Switching Architecture: Store-and-Forward
• Connector Type(s): 4 - RJ-45 Female, 4 - RJ-45 (PoE+) Female,1 - Terminal Block (3 Wire) Male
• LED Indicators: 1 - Power, 8 - PoE Active (yellow), Link/Activity (green)
• Input Current: 1A minimum
• Input Voltage: 48 ~ 56V DC
• Plug Type: M
• Power Source: Terminal Block
• Humidity: 5~95% RH (Non-Condensing)
• Operating Temperature: -40°C to 75°C (-40°F to 167°F)
• Storage Temperature: -40°C to 90°C (-40°F to 194°F)
• Color: Black
• Material: Steel
• Product Height: 2.5 cm
• Product Length: 13.4 cm
• Product Width: 14.8 cm
• Weight of Product: 650 g
Patents and Licenses The following patents are licensed for this product. This list might not be all inclusive.
• United States Patent No. 5,406,260 (expired)
• United States Patent No. 6,650,622
• United States Patent No. 7,457,250
• United States Patent No. 8,155,012
• United States Patent No. 8,902,760
• United States Patent No. 8,942,107
• United States Patent No. 9,019,838
• United States Patent No. 9,049,019
• United States Patent Application No. 14/695,456
• United States Patent Application No. 14/726,940
• 1x terminal block connector
• 4x screw anchors
• 4x screws
• 4x attaching pins
• 4x locking pins
• 4x washers
• 4x magnets
• 1x DIN rail
• 3x DIN-rail screws
• 8x RJ45 dust caps
• 1x quick-start guide
We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.