Planet GS-4210-8P2S 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000BASE-T Layer 2 PoE Managed Switch + 2x 100/1000X SFP
• The cybersecurity feature that virtually needs no effort and cost to have includes the protection of the switch management and the enhanced security of the mission-critical network. Both SSH and TLS protocols are utilized to provide strong protection against advanced threats.
Intelligent Powered Device Alive-Check
• The GS-4210-8P2S can be configured to monitor connected PD (powered device) status in real time via ping action. Once the PD stops working and responding, the GS-4210-8P2S will resume the PoE port power and bring the PD back to work. It will greatly enhance the network reliability through the PoE port resetting the PD’s power source, thus reducing the administrator’s management burden.
Scheduled Power Recycling
• The GS-4210-8P2S allows each of the connected PoE IP cameras or PoE wireless access points to reboot at a specified time each week. Therefore, it will reduce the chance of IP camera or AP crash resulting from buffer overflow.
PoE Schedule for Energy Savings
• Under the trend of energy savings worldwide and contributing to environmental protection, the GS-4210-8P2S can effectively control the power supply besides its capability of giving high watts power. The “PoE schedule” function helps you to enable or disable PoE power feeding for each PoE port during specified time intervals and it is a powerful function to help SMBs or enterprises save power and money. It also increases security by powering off PDs that should not be in use during non-business hours.
PoE Usage Monitoring
• Via the power usage chart in the web management interface, the GS-4210-8P2S enables the administrator to monitor the status of the power usage of the connected PDs in real time. Thus, it greatly enhances the management efficiency of the facilities.
802.3at PoE+ Power and Ethernet Data Transmission Distance Extension
• In the “Extend” operation mode, the GS-4210-8P2S operates on a per-port basis at 10Mbps duplex operation but can support 36-watt PoE power output over a distance of up to 250 meters overcoming the 100m limit on Ethernet UTP cable. With this brand-new feature, the GS-4210-8P2S provides an additional solution for 802.3at/af PoE distance extension, thus saving the cost of Ethernet cable installation.
Environmentally-friendly, Smart Fan Design for Silent Operation
• The GS-4210-8P2S features a desktop-sized metal housing, a low noise design and an effective ventilation system. It supports the smart fan technology that automatically controls the speed of the built-in fan to reduce noise and maintain the temperature of the PoE switch for optimal power output capability. The GS-4210-8P2S is able to operate reliably, stably and quietly in any environment without affecting its performance.
IPv6/IPv4 Dual Stack Management
• Supporting both IPv6 and IPv4 protocols, the GS-4210-8P2S helps the SMBs to step in the IPv6 era with the lowest investment as its network facilities need not be replaced or overhauled if the IPv6 FTTx edge network is set up.
Robust Layer 2 Features
• The GS-4210-8P2S can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic port link aggregation, 802.1Q VLAN and Q-in-Q VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree protocol (MSTP), loop and BPDU guard, IGMP snooping, and MLD snooping. Via the link aggregation, the GS-4210-8P2S allows the operation of a high-speed trunk to combine with multiple ports, and supports fail-over as well. Also, the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) is the Layer 2 protocol included to help discover basic information about neighboring devices on the local broadcast domain.
Efficient Traffic Control
• The GS-4210-8P2S is loaded with robust QoS features and powerful traffic management to enhance services to business-class data, voice, and video solutions. The functionality includes broadcast / multicast storm control, per port bandwidth control, IP DSCP QoS priority and remarking. It guarantees the best performance for VoIP and video stream transmission, and empowers the enterprises to take full advantage of the limited network resources.
• PLANET GS-4210-8P2S offers comprehensive IPv4 / IPv6 Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1X port-based user and device authentication, which can be deployed with RADIUS and TACACS+ to ensure the port level security and block illegal users. With the protected port function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to guarantee user privacy. Furthermore, Port security function allows to limit the number of network devices on a given port.
Advanced Network Security
• It also provides DHCP snooping, IP source guard and dynamic ARP inspection functions to prevent IP snooping from attack and discard ARP packets with invalid MAC address. The network administrators can now construct highly-secure corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
Friendly and Secure Management
• For efficient management, the GS-4210-8P2S is equipped with web, Telnet and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in web-based management interface, the GS-4210-8P2S offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. By supporting the standard SNMP, the switch can be managed via any standard management software. For text-based management, the switch can be accessed via Telnet. Moreover, the GS-4210-8P2S offers secure remote management by supporting SSH, TLS and SNMP v3 connections which encrypt the packet content at each session.
Flexibility and Long-distance Extension Solution
• The two mini-GBIC slots built in the GS-4210-8P2S support SFP auto-detection and dual speed as it features 100BASE-FX and 1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber transceivers to uplink to backbone switch and monitoring center in long distance. The distance can be extended from 550 meters to 2 kilometers (multi-mode fiber) and to 10/20/40/60/70/80/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
Intelligent SFP Diagnosis Mechanism
• The GS-4210-8P2S supports SFP-DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitor) function that can easily monitor real-time parameters of the SFP for network administrator, such as optical output power, optical input power, temperature, laser bias current and transceiver supply voltage.
• Copper Ports: 8 x 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 auto-MDI/MDI-X ports
• SFP/mini-GBIC Slots: 2 x 100/1000BASE-X SFP interfaces
• Supports: 100/1000Mbps dual mode and DDM
• PoE Injector Port: 8 ports with 802.3at / af PoE injector function with port-1 to port-8
• Switch Architecture: Store-and-Forward
• Switch Fabric: 20Gbps/non-blocking
• Switch Throughput@64Bytes: 14.88Mpps
• Address Table: 8K entries
• Shared Data Buffer: 4.1 megabits
• Flow Control: IEEE 802.3x pause frame for full duplex, Back pressure for half duplex
• Jumbo Frame: 10K bytes
• Reset Button: < 5 sec: System reboot, > 5 sec: Factory default
• LED System: PWR x1(Green), SYS x1 (Green), Per PoE Port (Port 1 to Port 8): LNK/ACT x1 (Green), PoE-in-use x1 (Orange)
• Per Gigabit SFP Port (Port 9 to Port 10): 1000 LNK/ACT x1 (Green), 100 LNK/ACT x1 (Orange)
• Power Requirements: 100~240V AC, 50/60Hz, auto-sensing
• ESD Protection: Contact Discharge 4KV DC
• Air Discharge: 8KV DC
• Enclosure: Metal
• Power Consumption / Dissipation: 165 watts (max.) / 563 BTU
• Fan: 1 smart fan
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 330 x 155 x 43.5 mm, 1U height
• Weight: 1687g
Power over Ethernet:
• PoE Standard: IEEE 802.3af / 802.3at PoE+ PSE
• PoE Power Supply Type: End-span
• PoE Power Output: Per port 52V DC, 36 watts (max.)
• Power Pin Assignment: 1/2(+), 3/6(-)
• PoE Power Budget: 120 watts (max.) @ 25°C, 100 watts (max.) @ 50°C
• PoE Ability PD @ 9 watts: 8 units
• PoE Ability PD @ 15 watts: 8 units
• PoE Ability PD @ 30 watts: 4 units
• PoE Management: PD Alive Check, Scheduled Power Recycling, PoE Schedule, PoE Usage Monitoring, PoE Extension
Layer 2 Functions:
• Port Mirroring: TX/RX/both, Many-to-1 monitor
• VLAN: 802.1Q tagged VLAN, Up to 256 VLAN groups, out of 4094 VLAN IDs, 802.1ad Q-in-Q tunneling, Voice VLAN, Protocol VLAN, Private VLAN (Protected port), GVRP
• Link Aggregation: IEEE 802.3ad LACP and static trunk, Supports 8 trunk groups with 8 ports per trunk group
• Spanning Tree Protocol: STP, IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol, RSTP, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, MSTP, IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol
• IGMP Snooping: IGMP (v2/v3) snooping, IGMP querier, Up to 256 multicast groups
• MLD Snooping: MLD (v1/v2) snooping, up to 256 multicast groups
• Access Control List: IPv4/IPv6 IP-based ACL / MAC-based ACL
• QoS: 8 mapping ID to 8 level priority queues, Port number, 802.1p priority, 802.1Q VLAN tag, DSCP field in IP packet, Traffic classification based, strict priority and WRR
• Security: IEEE 802.1X port-based authentication, Built-in RADIUS client to cooperate with RADIUS server, RADIUS / TACACS+ user access authentication, IP-MAC port binding, MAC filtering, Static MAC address, DHCP snooping and DHCP Option82, STP BPDU guard, BPDU filtering and BPDU forwarding, DoS attack prevention, ARP inspection, IP source guard
• Basic Management Interfaces: Web browser / Telnet / SNMP v1, v2c, Firmware upgrade by HTTP / TFTP protocol through Ethernet network, Remote / Local Syslog, System log
LLDP protocol, SNTP
• Secure Management Interfaces: SSHv1/v2, TLS v1.2, SNMP v3
• SNMP MIBs: RFC 1213 MIB-II, RFC 1215 Generic Traps, RFC 1493 Bridge MIB, RFC 2674 Bridge MIB Extensions, RFC 2737 Entity MIB (Version 2), RFC 2819 RMON (1, 2, 3, 9), RFC 2863 Interface Group MIB, RFC 3635 Ethernet-like MIB, RFC 3621 Power Ethernet MIB
• Operating: Temperature: 0 ~ 50°C
• Relative Humidity: 5 ~ 95% (non-condensing)
• Storage Temperature: -20 ~ 70°C
• Relative Humidity: 5 ~ 95% (non-condensing)
We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.