Planet GS-4210-16P2S 16 Port Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000BASE-T Layer 2 PoE Managed Switch + 2x 100/1000X SFP
As the PoE managed switch for surveillance, wireless and VoIP networks, the GS-4210-16P2S features special PoE management functions:
• PD alive check
• Scheduled power recycling
• PoE schedule
• PoE usage monitoring
Intelligent Powered Device Alive Check
• The GS-4210-16P2S can be configured to monitor connected PD (Powered Device) status in real time via ping action. Once the PD stops working and responding, the GS-4210-16P2S will resume the PoE port power and bring the PD back to work. It will greatly enhance the network reliability through the PoE port resetting the PD’s power source and reducing administrator management burden.
Scheduled Power Recycling
• The GS-4210-16P2S allows each of the connected PoE IP cameras or PoE wireless access points to reboot at a specific time each week. Therefore, it will reduce the chance of IP camera or AP crash resulting from buffer overflow.
PoE Schedule for Energy Saving
• Under the trend of energy saving worldwide and contributing to environmental protection, the GS-4210-16P2S can effectively control the power supply besides its capability of giving high watts power. The “PoE schedule” function helps you to enable or disable PoE power feeding for each PoE port during specified time intervals and it is a powerful function to help SMBs or enterprises save power and money. It also increases security by powering off PDs that should not be in use during non-business hours.
Robust Layer 2 Features
• The GS-4210-16P2S can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic port link aggregation, 802.1Q VLAN, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) and Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), IGMP Querier and IGMP Snooping. Via aggregation of supporting ports, the GS-4210-16P2S allows the operation of a high-speed trunk to combine with 2 SFP ports such as a 2Gbps fat pipe and supports fail-over as well. The Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) feature is also included and used to discover basic information about neighboring devices on the local broadcast domain.
Efficient Traffic Control
• The GS-4210-16P2S is loaded with robust QoS features and powerful traffic management to enhance services to business-class data, voice, and video solutions. The functionality includes broadcast/multicast/unicast storm control, per port bandwidth control, 802.1p/CoS/IP DSCP QoS priority and remarking. It guarantees the best performance at VoIP and video stream transmission, and empowers the enterprises to take full advantages of the limited network resources.
Enhanced and Secure Management
• For efficient management, the GS-4210-16P2S is equipped with console, Web, Telnet and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in Web-based management interface, the GS-4210-16P2S offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. By supporting standard Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), the switch can be managed via any standard management software. For text-based management, the switch can be accessed via Telnet and the console port. Moreover, the GS-4210-16P2S offers secure remote management by supporting HTTPS and SNMPv3 connections which encrypt the packet content at each session.
• PLANET GS-4210-16P2S offers comprehensive Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1X port-based authentication, which can be deployed with RADIUS to ensure the port level security and block illegal users. The Port Security allows limiting the number of users on a given port. The network administrators can now construct highly-secured corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
Flexible Extension Solution
• The two mini-GBIC slots built in the GS-4210-16P2S are compatible with the 100BASE-FX / 1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber transceiver to uplink to backbone switch and monitor center in long distance. The distance can be extended from 550 meters to 2km (multi-mode fiber) or to 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/120 km (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
• Copper Ports: 16 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 auto-MDI/MDI-X port
• SFP/mini-GBIC Slots: 2 100/1000BASE-X SFP interfaces, supporting 100/1000Mbps dual mode
• PoE Injector Port: 16 ports with 802.3af/at PoE injector function
• Console: 1 RJ45-to-RS232 serial port (115200, 8, N, 1)
• Switch Architecture: Store-and-Forward
• Switch Fabric: 36Gbps/non-blocking
• Switch Throughput@64 bytes: 26.78Mpps@64 bytes
• MAC Address Table: 8K entries
• Shared Data Buffer: 4Mbits
• Flow Control: IEEE 802.3x pause frame for full-duplex, Back pressure for half-duplex
• Jumbo Frame: 9K bytes
• Reset Button: < 5 sec: System reboot, > 5 sec: Factory default
• LED: System: Power (Green). 10/100/1000T RJ45 Interfaces (Port 1 to Port 16): 1000 LNK/ACT (Green), 10/100 LNK/ACT (Orange), PoE (Orange). 100/1000Mbps SFP Interfaces (Port 17 to Port 18): 1000 LNK/ACT (Green), 100 LNK/ACT (Orange)
• Thermal Fan: 2
• Power Requirements: 100~240V AC, 50/60Hz, 4A (max.)
• Power Consumption/Dissipation: Max. 281 watts/964 BTU
• Enclosure: Metal
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 445 x 207 x 45 mm (1U height)
• Weight: 2.8kg
Power over Ethernet:
• PoE Standard: IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus/PSE
• PoE Power Supply Type: End-span
• PoE Power Output: Per Port 53V DC, 30.8 watts (max.)
• PoE Power Budget: 220 watts (max.)
• Number of PDs, 7 watts: 16 units
• Number of PDs, 15.4 watts: 14 units
• Number of PDs, 30 watts: 7 units
Layer 2 Functions:
• Port Mirroring: TX/RX/Both, Many-to-1 monitor
• VLAN: 802.1Q tagged-based VLAN, Up to 256 VLAN groups, out of 4094 VLAN IDs, 802.1ad Q-in-Q tunneling, Voice VLAN, Protocol VLAN, GVRP
• Link Aggregation: IEEE 802.3ad LACP supports 8 groups of 16-port trunk, Static trunk supports 8 groups of 8-port trunk
• Spanning Tree Protocol: IEEE 802.1D STP, IEEE 802.1w RSTP, IEEE 802.1s MSTP
• Multicast: IGMP (v2/v3) Snooping, IGMP Querier, Up to 256 multicast groups
• Access Control List: IPv4 IP-based ACL, MAC-based ACL
• QoS: 8 mapping ID to 8 level priority queues: Port Number, 802.1p priority, DSCP field in IP Packet. Traffic classification based, Strict priority and WRR
• Security: IEEE 802.1X Port-based authentication, Built-in RADIUS client to cooperate with RADIUS server, RADIUS/TACACS+ user access authentication, MAC filter, Static MAC address, DHCP Snooping and DHCP Option82, STP BPDU Guard, BPDU Filtering and BPDU Forwarding
• Basic Management Interfaces: Web browser, Telnet, SNMP v1/v2c/v3 and RJ45 Console, Firmware upgrade by HTTP/TFTP protocol through Ethernet network, Remote/Local Syslog, System log, LLDP protocol, SNTP
• Secure Management Interfaces: SSH, SSL, SNMP v3
• SNMP MIBs: RFC 3635 Ethernet-like MIB, RFC 2863 Interface Group MIB, RFC 2819 RMON (1, 2, 3, 9), RFC 1493 Bridge MIB
• Regulatory Compliance: FCC Part 15 Class A, CE
• Standards Compliance: IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX/100BASE-FX, IEEE 802.3z Gigabit SX/LX, IEEE 802.3ab Gigabit 1000BASE-T, IEEE 802.3x Flow Control and Back pressure, IEEE 802.3ad Port Trunk with LACP, IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree protocol, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree protocol, IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree protocol, IEEE 802.1p Class of Service, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging, IEEE 802.1x Port Authentication Network Control, IEEE 802.1ab LLDP, IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet, IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus, RFC 768 UDP, RFC 793 TFTP, RFC 791 IP, RFC 792 ICMP, RFC 2068 HTTP, RFC 1112 IGMP version 1, RFC 2236 IGMP version 2, RFC 3376 IGMP version 3
• Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 50 degrees C
• Operating Relative Humidity: 5 ~ 95% (non-condensing)
• Storage Temperature: -10 ~ 70 degrees C
• Storage Relative Humidity: 5 ~ 95% (non-condensing)
We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.