Planet FGSW-1816HPS 16 Port Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000BASE-T Layer 2 PoE Managed Switch + 2x Gigabit SFP
• The FGSW-1816HPS helps users to monitor the current status of PoE power usage easily and efficiently with its advanced LED indication. Called “PoE Power Usage” found on the front panel of the FGSW-1816HPS Layer 2 PoE+ Managed Switch, it has four orange LEDs indicating the range of the current PoE power usage.
Solution for IPv6 Networking
• With the support for IPv6/IPv4 protocol, and easy and friendly management interfaces, the FGSW-1816HPS is the ideal choice for IP surveillance, VoIP and wireless service providers to connect with the IPv6 network. It also helps SMBs to step in the IPv6 era with the lowest investment and without having to replace the network facilities even though ISPs establish the IPv6 FTTx edge network.
PoE Schedule for Energy Saving
• Besides being used for IP surveillance, the FGSW-1816HPS is certainly applicable to build any PoE network including VoIP and wireless LAN. Under the trend of energy saving worldwide and contributing to the environmental protection on the Earth, the FGSW-1816HPS can effectively control the power supply besides its capability of giving high watts power. The “PoE schedule” function helps you to enable or disable PoE power feeding for each PoE port during specified time intervals and it is a powerful function to help SMBs and enterprises save energy and budget.
Robust Layer 2 Features
• The FGSW-1816HPS can be programmed for advanced switch management functions, such as Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), BPDU filtering, BPDU Guard, dynamic port link aggregation, IGMP/MLD snooping, DHCP relay agent, loop detection and GVRP, voice VLAN and the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP). The Layer 2 protocol included is to help discover basic information about neighboring devices in the local broadcast domain. Other features included are the port-based/802.1Q VLAN and Q-in-Q VLAN, Layer 2/4 QoS, port mirroring, broadcast storm control and bandwidth control.
• For efficient management, the FGSW-1816HPS is equipped with Web, Telnet and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in Web-based management interface, the FGSW-1816HPS offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. By supporting the standard Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), the FGSW-1816HPS can be managed via any standard management software. For text-based management, the switch can be accessed via Telnet. Moreover, the FGSW-1816HPS offers secure remote management by supporting SNMPv3 connections which encrypt the packet content at each session.
Flexible and Extendable Uplink Solution
• The FGSW-1816HPS provides 2 extra Gigabit TP/SFP combo interfaces supporting 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 copper to connect with surveillance network devices such as NVR, Video Streaming Server or NAS to facilitate surveillance management. Or through these fiber SFP slots occupied by the 1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (small form-factor pluggable) fiber transceivers, it can be uplinked to a backbone switch and monitoring center in long distance. The distance can be extended from 550 meters to 2km (multi-mode fiber) to 10/20/40/80/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well-suited for applications within the industrial data centers and distributions.
• Copper Ports: 16 10/100BASE-TX RJ45 Auto-MDI/MDI-X ports
• PoE Injector Port: 16 802.3af/802.3at PoE+ injector ports
• Gigabit Copper Ports: 2 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 auto-MDI/MDI-X ports
• SFP/mini-GBIC Slots: 2 1000BASE-X SFP interfaces, shared with Port-17 to Port-18
• Switch Architecture: Store-and-Forward
• Switch Fabric: 7.2Gbps/non-blocking
• Switch Throughput@64bytes: 5.35Mpps @64bytes
• MAC Address Table: 16K entries
• Shared Data Buffer: 4Mb
• Flow Control: IEEE 802.3x pause frame for full duplex, Back pressure for half duplex
• Maximum Transmit Unit: 1522 bytes
• Reset Button: < 5 sec: System reboot, > 5 sec: Factory default
• LED: System: Power (Green). 10/100TX RJ45 Interfaces (Port 1 to Port 16): LNK/ACT (Green), PoE-in-Use (Orange). 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 / SFP Interfaces (Port 17 to Port 18): LNK/ACT (Green), 1000 (Green). PoE Usage: 50W, 100W, 150W, 190W (Orange)
• Thermal Fan: 2
• Power Requirements: 100~240V AC, 50/60Hz, 4A (max.)
• Power Consumption/Dissipation: Max.250watts/853BTU
• Enclosure: Metal
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 440 x 200 x 44.5 mm,1U height
• Weight: 2.8kg
Power over Ethernet:
• PoE Standard: IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet/PSE, IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus/PSE
• PoE Power Supply Type: End-span
• Power Pin Assignment: 1/2(+), 3/6 (-)
• PoE Power Output: Per Port 52V DC, 300mA. Max. 15.4 watts (IEEE 802.3af), Per Port 52V DC, 600mA. Max. 36 watts (IEEE 802.3at)
• PoE Power Budget: 220 watts
• Number of PDs, 7 watts: 16
• Number of PDs, 15.4 watts: 12
• Number of PDs, 30 watts: 7
Layer 2 Functions:
• Port Mirroring: TX/RX/both, Many-to-1 monitor
• VLAN: Port-based VLAN, up to 18 VLAN groups, IEEE 802.1Q tagged VLAN - Up to 256 VLAN groups, out of 4094 VLAN IDs, Protocol VLAN, Provider Bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q) support (IEEE 802.1ad), GVRP, Voice VLAN
• Link Aggregation: IEEE 802.3ad LACP supports one 2-port trunk group; static trunk supports one 2-port trunk group
• Spanning Tree Protocol: IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), STP BPDU filtering, BPDU Guard
• IGMP Snooping: IPv4 IGMP snooping v1/ v2 and v3
• MLD Snooping: IPv6 MLD snooping v1, v2
• Access Control List: IPv4/IPv6 IP-based ACL, MAC-based ACL
• QoS: Ingress/Egress Rate Limit per port bandwidth control. Storm Control support: Broadcast/ Multicast /DLF (Destination Lookup Failure)/ARP/ICMP. Traffic classification: IEEE 802.1p Qos/CoS; TCP/UDP/DSCP/IP precedence of IPv4/IPv6 packets. Strict priority and Weighted Round Robin (WRR) CoS policies
• Security: Access Control List: IPv4/IPv6 IP-based ACL, MAC-based ACL. Port-MAC-IP Address Binding: Port-MAC-IP Port Setting, Port-MAC-IP Entry Setting. MAC Address Binding: Static MAC, MAC Filtering. DHCP snooping to filter distrusted DHCP messages. ARP Inspection discards ARP packets with invalid MAC address to IP address binding
• Basic Management Interfaces: IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack management. Switch management interface: Web switch management, Telnet command line interface, SNMP v1, v2c and v3. BOOTP and DHCP for IP address assignment. System maintenance: Firmware upgrade via HTTP, Configuration upload/download through web interface, Hardware-based reset button for system reset to factory default. SNTP Network Time Protocol. Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP). Event message logging to remote Syslog server. PLANET smart discovery utility
• Secure Management Interfaces: SNMP v3, SSH, SSL
• Regulatory Compliance: FCC Part 15 Class A, CE
• Standards Compliance: IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3z Gigabit SX/LX, IEEE 802.3ab Gigabit 1000T, IEEE 802.3x flow control and back pressure, IEEE 802.3ad port trunk with LACP, IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1p Class of Service, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging, IEEE 802.1ab LLDP, IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet, IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus, RFC 2068 HTTP, RFC 1112 IGMP version 1, RFC 2236 IGMP version 2, RFC 3376 IGMP version 3, RFC 2710 MLD version 1, RFC 3810 MLD version 2
• Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 50 degrees C
• Operating Relative Humidity: 5 ~ 95% (non-condensing)
• Storage Temperature: -10 ~ 70 degrees C
• Storage Relative Humidity: 5 ~ 95% (non-condensing)
We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.