Edimax BR-6478AC V2 AC1200 Gigabit Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router with USB Port & VPN
The Edimax BR-6478AC V2 router supports the next generation IEEE 802.11ac wireless standard, meaning higher data rates in the 5GHz band. With 300Mbps speeds in the 2.4GHz band and 867Mbps speeds in 5GHz, the BR-6478AC V2 is ideal for HD video streaming and large file transfers. The router is also backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n to ensure compatibility with legacy Wi-Fi devices.
Concurrent Dual-Band Wi-Fi Connectivity:
The Edimax BR-6478AC V2 router provides simultaneous 2.4GHz (802.11n) and 5GHz (802.11ac) wireless network connectivity for maximum flexibility of use.
VPN Access for Privacy & Security:
Built-in Virtual Private Network (VPN) support for easy VPN access on all your devices. VPNs enable you to access secure, remote networks from anywhere and can offer privacy and security online. Log in to your work/school network remotely or avoid geo-blocking, protect privacy on public Wi-Fi and bypass Internet censorship.
Multi-Function USB Port:
Connect a USB hard-drive and enjoy your own private cloud storage. Keep content on your central storage and access it from any device on your network, such as movie and TV streaming to PCs or smart TVs, or for regular backups of vital data. With the built-in VPN function you can even access your network remotely when you’re away from home. It can also be used with an FTP server or printer, so any devices on your network can print over your Wi-Fi.
Smart iQ Setup:
Features iQ Setup for smart, automatic and quick installation with no CD required, no smartphone app downloaded, and no PC required.
5-in-1 Router, Access Point, Range Extender , Wireless Bridge and WISP:
The BR-6478AC V2 can work as router, access point, range extender, wireless bridge or WISP. Just configure the mode you need for your network environment using the smart iQ Setup wizard.
High Gain Antennas For Better Wi-Fi Performance:
Employing two external high-gain fixed antennas, the BR-6478AC V2 provides powerful 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-band signal strength and enhances Wi-Fi range, providing signal penetration through walls and floors across your home or office.
Edimax’s Revolutionary iQoS:
iQoS is Edimax’s solution for a quicker, easier, and more effective way to manage Internet bandwidth. While Quality of Service (QoS) functionality is a common feature in routers across the market, typically only advanced users have the knowledge required to set up the complex parameters. Edimax though has redesigned QoS with user-friendliness and accessibility in mind. A simple and intuitive user interface allows users to arrange bandwidth priority settings in just a few clicks. With iQoS, you can enjoy gaming, video streaming, VoIP applications and BT clients at the same time without the usual nightmare of lag and interruptions. An original, efficient and effective means of managing your Internet bandwidth.
Multi-SSID & VLAN Support:
Multi-SSID enables users to configure up to ten separate SSIDs (2.4GHz x 5 and 5GHz x 5) in order to group and manage users according to your requirements. In addition, each SSID can be assigned a different VLAN ID, so users with multiple VLANs can manage the network access level of each SSID – ensuring security and protecting confidential or critical network resources. (Access point mode only)
Supports a guest network to provide connectivity while isolating guests from your primary network. (Router mode only)
• 1 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Mbps gigabit WAN port
• 4 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Mbps gigabit LAN port
• LED indicators: Power, Internet, WLAN, USB
• 2 x Dual-band antennas
• Reset/WPS button
• 1 x USB 2.0 port
• Multi-language user interface
• Supports remote management
• System status and security log
• Fault tolerance firmware upgradable
• Auto firmware upgrade
• Auto restart while malfunction (Watch Dog)
• Smart iQ Setup, no CD required
• Supports smartphone, tablet or laptop setup (iOS 4 or Android 4 and above are required for smartphone or tablet setup)
• WAN protocol: PPPoE, static IP, dynamic IP, PPTP and L2TP
• Supports WISP connection mode
Output Power & Receive Sensitivity (5GHz):
• Output Power: 11a(6Mbps): 18±1.5dBm, 11a(54Mbps): 14±1.5dBm, 11n(20MHz, MCS7): 13±1.5dBm, 11n(40MHz, MCS7): 13±1.5dBm, 11ac(80MHz, MCS9): 13±1.5dBm
• Receive Sensitivity: 11a(6Mbps): ‐90±2dBm, 11a(54Mbps): ‐71±2dBm, 11n(20MHz, MCS7): ‐69±2dBm, 11n(40MHz, MCS7): ‐65±2dBm, 11ac(80MHz, MCS9): -55±2dBm
Output Power & Receive Sensitivity (2.4GHz):
• Output Power: 11b (1Mbps): 18±1.5dBm, 11b (11Mbps): 16±1.5dBm, 11g (54Mbps): 14±1.5dBm, 11n (20MHz, MCS7): 131.5dBm, 11n (40MHz, MCS7): 13±1.5dBm
• Receive Sensitivity: 11b(1Mbps): ‐91±2dBm, 11b(11Mbps): ‐87±2dBm, 11g (54Mbps): ‐71±2dBm, 11n(20MHz, MCS7): ‐68±2dBm, 11n(40MHz, MCS7): ‐65±2dBm
• WEP, WPA and WPA2 security
• QoS for critical operations
• SPI anti-DoS firewall
• 8MB NOR Flash
• 64MB RAM
• Humidity: 10-90% (non-condensing)
• Temperature: 0-40oC
• DC 12V, 1.25A (UK, AU)
• DC 12V, 1.5A (US, EU)
• Dimensions: 190.2mm x 172mm x 42mm
• Weights: 322g
We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.