Dlink Network Storage Enclosure Sharecenter Quattro 4-Bay SATA
Back up your digital files with D-Link's 4-Bay Network Storage Enclosure and rest easy knowing that your data is protected.
Secure Digital File Sharing
The DNS-345 ShareCenter Quattro is a 4-bay network storage device that enables you to share documents, digital media, and files over the network. The device is ideal for server deployment in an office setting as it allows businesses to flexibly expand storage capacity through addition of up to four internal SATA drives. Users can access files remotely through the built-in FTP server3, allowing company employees to access work files via the Internet while away from the office. Owner-defined rights given to specific users and groups provide customizable access to stored data and folders whether files are accessed locally or over the Internet.
Stream Digital Media Content with Built-In Media Server
You can easily stream your stored digital media files from the ShareCenter using various methods. Using the built-in UPnP AV media server, you can stream your digital media to compatible media players such as the Sony PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, or any D-Link MediaLounge product. In addition, you can use the integrated iTunes server to stream and playback media files through iTunes.
Do More With Powerful Add-Ons
Extend the functionality of your NAS by installing a wide variety of versatile add-on applications. With P2P applications, users have the ability to access a limitless collection of free content over the Internet. Users can use the SqueezeCenter and Audio Streamer applications to stream music collections from the NAS over the Internet. The Gallery and Blog add-ons let users showcase photos and blog posts through the Internet, and AjaXplorer gives users a user-friendly graphical interface to access files remotely over the Internet. More add-ons will become available in the near future.
Protection, Performance and Reliability
The ShareCenter Quattro supports seven different hard drive mode configurations to fit your needs: Standard, JBOD, and RAID 0/1/5/5+Hot Spare/10. Standard mode creates four separately accessible hard drives, while JBOD combines the drives together for maximum space efficiency. RAID 0/10 give you maximum performance, while RAID 1/5/5+Hot Spare give you multiple ways to protect against data loss.
What this Product Does
The DNS-345 ShareCenter Quattro is a 4-bay network storage device that enables you to share documents, music, photos, and videos across the network and over the Internet. This device allows you to create a central network point for backing up valuable data onto internal SATA drives.2 The ShareCenter™ Quattro supports RAID 1/5/5+Hot Spare/10 to protect your data from drive failures. You can use this device to stream digital media to UPnP AV compatible network media players.4 In addition, the storage device’s USB port supports Printer Server functionality, UPS monitoring, and USB data transfers. The device’s aluminum chassis with built-in Smart Fans help keep it cool, reducing the risk of overheating.
Robust Software Included
A CD containing D-Link’s Storage Utility software is included. This utility allows you to easily locate the network storage device anywhere on your network. Once the device is located, you can use the utility to add the hard drive(s) to My Computer on your PC. There is also backup software included on the CD. The utility will allow you to manually backup valuable data from a computer to the network storage device per schedule.
• Up to 12,000 GB of storage
• Insert up to four internal 3.5-inch SATA hard drives without tools or cables
• Stream music, share files, create blogs, and many more with add-ons that extend the ShareCenter’s functionality
• Back up your important files using RAID 1/5/5+Hot Spare/10 technologies
• IEEE 802.3
• IEEE 802.3ab
• IEEE 802.3u
• IEEE 802.3ad
• UPnP AV
• FTP over SSL/TLS, FXP
• USB 2.0
• DHCP Client
• Four SATA I/II 3.5-inch hard drive bays, supports hard drive capacities up to 3 TB
• Two 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
• USB 2.0 Port
• LAN (on LAN ports)
• Ethernet (on Ethernet ports)
• 128 x 32 OLED Display Screen
• Multiple Hard Drive Configurations: RAID 0/1/5/10/5 + Hot Spare, JBoD, Standard
• RAID migration from Non-RAID to RAID 1/5, RAID 1 to RAID 5
• Hard Drive Formats: Internal: EXT4 ; External: FAT16/32, NTFS
• AES based volume encryption
• Disk Roaming
• RAID Roaming
• Windows Active Directory service support for Windows Server 2003/2008
• User account management
• Group account management
• User/Group Quota management
• Network Share management
• ISO Mount management
• Batch User Creation
• HTTP/FTP schedule download
• Peer to Peer (P2P), aMule
• Schedule Backup from PC to NAS
• Schedule Local Backups
• Schedule Remote Backups (Rsync, Remote Snapshot)
• Apple Time Machine support
• USB Backups
• Cloud Storage Backup (Amazon S3)
• Web interface with support for Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 3, and Opera 10 or above
• Easy Search Utility
• E-Mail Notifications
• SMS Notifications
• System/FTP log
• Resource Monitor
• Add-ons Packages
• Power Saving mode
• Auto Power Recovery
• Schedule Power on/off
• Smart Fan control
• D-Link Green Ethernet
• Auto-offload system when UPS is low on battery
• Network UPS
Remote File Sharing
• Web File Server
• FTP Server
• Max. User Accounts: 512 (non-ADS)/800 (ADS)
• Max. Groups: 64 (non-ADS)/200 (ADS)
• Max. Shared Folders: 128 (without P2P)
• Max. Concurrent Connections: 64 (Samba)/10 (FTP)
• Samba: Unicode
• FTP Server/iTunes Server: Unicode, Croatian, Cyrillic (Kyrgyz Republic), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
• External Power Supply: DC 19 V/4.74 A Switching
Maximum Power Consumption
• Normal mode: 53 W
• Sleep mode: 13.5 W
• 0 to 40 ˚C
• -20 to 70 ˚C (-4 to 158 ˚F)
• 5% to 90% (Non-condensing)
Dimensions (W x D x H)
• Device: 128 x 200 x 178 mm
• Packaging: 242 x 278 x 2
• Device: 2.7 kg (5.95 lbs)
• Packaging: 4.02 kg (8.86 lbs)
1: Maximum storage may change due to increases in hard drive capacities.
2: Hard drive not included. An internal SATA drive is required to store or share files. This enclosure may not work with older generation SATA drives. For a list of
SATA drives that have been tested to work with the DNS-345, visit D-Link support web sites.
3: Note that use of an FTP Server to access files over the Internet does not provide for secure or encrypted transmissions. It is recommended that the end- ser utilize a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to establish a secure FTP session.
4: D-Link cannot guarantee full compatibility or proper playback with all Codecs. Playback capability depends on the codec support of the UPnP AV media player
Please note our standard dispatch and delivery time frames will extend during this period. Our courier partners will provide a contactless delivery service. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.