Datalogic Powerscan PM8500 433MHz, Stanard Range Industrial Cordeless Barcode Scanner with Removable Battery
Industrial Handheld Area Imager Bar Code Reader with Datalogic’s STAR Cordless System
The PowerScan 8000 product series is Datalogic Scanning’s premium line of rugged industrial handheld data collection products. The PowerScan PM8500 cordless area imager offers omnidirectional reading of 1D and 2D codes combined with unlimited mobility guaranteed by the Datalogic STAR Cordless System.
The PowerScan PM8500 reader’s feature a high-resolution Mega-Pixel imaging sensor that is capable of outstanding performance in industrial applications. It is offered in three optic models: Standard Range and High Density models are for typical bar code reading conditions (for medium and high-resolution codes respectively); the Wide Angle model offers a wider field of view allowing the capture of larger and longer codes.
The Datalogic STAR Cordless System for narrow band radio communications provides the key to increased productivity and flexibility in the workplace. It offers scalable solutions from simple point-to-point applications to networking capabilities. An optional display with a 3-key keypad provides useful information to the operator like time and battery status and enables interaction with the host. The high capacity Lithium-Ion battery can be replaced in few seconds and charged on the cradle as well on a separate multi-battery charger.
The PM8500 readers feature Datalogic’s exclusive 3GL (3 Green Lights) for superior good read feedback. The patented ‘Green Spot’ directly on the code and dual Good Read LEDs on the top and back of the cap adds increased visibility at any angle.
The PM8500 reader’s mechanics have been developed and tested to withstand extreme environmental conditions maintaining consistent reading capability without degrading performance or reliability. Its ergonomic enclosure is lightweight and well balanced to ensure optimal operator comfort during scan intensive operations. A built-in metal tether hook for suspended applications
ensures workplace productivity.
• Optics: Standard Range
• Datalogic 3GL (3 Green Lights) and loud beeper for good read feedback
• Datalogic’s instinctive 5-dot aimer
• Omnidirectional reading from contact to 30,0 cm
• Optional model available with display and 3-key keypad
• 100% Compatible with Datalogic’s STAR Cordless System
• Point-to-point and multi-point transmission
• Seamless roaming
• User replaceable Lithium-Ion battery
• Operates over a wide range of temperatures
• Water and particulate sealing rating: IP65 (without display) / IP64 (with display)
• Drop resistance to 2,0 m
• Datalogic STAR Cordless System Effective Radiated Power: 433,92 MHz: < 10 mW; 910 MHz: < 1 mW
• Multi-Point Configuration: Max. Readers in Same Area: 2000
• Max. Readers per Radio Receiver: 32
• Point-to-Point Configuration: Radio Frequency: 433,92 MHz
• Radio Range (Open Air): 433,92 MHz: Up to 50 m
• Seamless Roaming; Two Way Communications
• 1D / Linear Codes: Auto discriminates all standard 1D codes including GS1 DataBar linear codes
• 2D Codes: Aztec Code; Aztec Mesas; Data Matrix; MaxiCode; QR Code
• Postal Codes: Australian Post; British Post; Canadian Post; China Post; Japanese Post; KIX Post; Korea Post; Planet Code; Postnet; Royal Mail Code (RM4SCC)
• Stacked Codes: EAN/JAN Composites; GS1 DataBar Composites; GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked; GS1 DataBar Stacked; GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional; MacroPDF; MicroPDF417; PDF417; UPC A/E Composites
• Battery Battery Type: Li-ION 2150 mAh; Charge Time: External Power: 4 Hours; Host Power: 10 hours; Reads per Charge: + 30,000
• Cradle (Bought Seperately) Indicator LEDs: Battery Charging (Red); Charge Completed (Green); Power/Data (Yellow)
• Current: Operating (Typical): External: 1 A @ 10 VDC, 330 mA @ 30 VDC; POT: 500 mA
• Input Voltage: External: 10 - 30 VDC; POT: 5 VDC +/- 5%
• Ambient Light: 0 - 100,000 lux
• Drop Resistance: Withstands 50 drops from 2,0 m onto a concrete surface
• ESD Protection (Air Discharge ): 20 kV
• Humidity (Non -Condensing ): 0 - 95%
• Particulate and Water Sealing: PM8500: IP65
• Temperature: Operating: -10 to 50 °C ; Storage/Transport: -40 to 70 °C
• Interfaces: RS-232 / USB / Keyboard Wedge / Wand Multi-Interface (Interface Cable Bought Seperately)
• Colour: Yellow/Black
• Dimensions: PM8500: 20,7 x 11,4 x 6,9 cm
• Weight: PM8500: 360,0 g
• Imager Sensor: 1280 x 1024
• Light Source: Aiming: 630 - 680 nm VLD; Illumination: LED Array 630 - 670 nm
• Print Contrast Ratio (Minimum ) 15%
• Reading Angle: Pitch: +/- 35°; Roll (Tilt): 360°; Skew (Yaw): +/- 40°
• Reading Indicators: Beepers, Polyphonic; Datalogic Three Green Lights (3GL™) Good Read
• Feedback: Datalogic ‘Green Spot’ on the Code; Dual Good Read LEDs; Good Transmission
• Resolution (Maximum ): Standard Model: 1D Codes: 4 mil, PDF417: 4 mil, 2D Codes: 6,6 mil
• Typical Depth of Field: Minimum distance determined by symbol length and scan angle.
• Printing resolution, contrast, and ambient light dependent
5 mils: 7,5 to 15,5 cm
10 mils: 5,5 to 24,5 cm
13 mils: 5,0 to 27,0 cm
20 mils: 5,5 to 36,5 cm
5 mils PDF: 8,0 to 18,5 cm
10 mils PDF: 4,0 to 25,5 cm
7,5 mils Data Matrix/QR: 8,0 to 16,5 cm
10 mils Data Matrix/QR: 7,0 to 19,5 cm
Safety & Regulatory
• Agency Approvals: The product meets necessary safety and regulatory approvals for its intended use.
• The Quick Reference Guide for this product can be referred to for a complete list of certifications.
• Complies to China RoHS; Complies to EU RoHS
• Laser Classification: Caution Laser Radiation - Do not stare into beam; CDRH Class II; EN 60825-1 Class 1; IEC 60825-1 Class 2
• Datalogic Aladdin Datalogic Aladdin configuration program is available for download at no charge
• 3-Year Factory Warranty
Due to the specialised nature of Point of Sale items this product cannot be exchanged or returned (unless faulty). Please verify compatibility before purchase & if you have any questions please contact us.
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.