Datalogic Magellan 8400 Medium, OEM (IBM) USB, Dual Display, Diamond Lite Glass, Scanner/Scale
The Magellan 8400 bi-optic scanner is the highest performance 5-sided POS scanner available today. The 8400 improves operational efficiency by achieving outstanding first-pass read rates, and represents the next step in value and checkout productivity from the Magellan family and Datalogic, breaking previous records of performance, reliability and value.
The 8400 can be configured as either scanner or scanner/scale combination with Datalogic’s exclusive, patented All-Weighs scale platter to ensure accurate produce and bulk food weighing at the checkout. Two remote scale display options are available; a single display on a pole and a dual display on a single pole for applications requiring separate displays for the cashier and customer. Magellan 8400 models are available in three lengths: long, medium, and short (scanner only) to accommodate various POS configurations.
FirstStrike advanced software decoding algorithms provide the industry’s best scanning speed and simultaneously improve first pass read rates of damaged, wrinkled, or poorly printed bar codes delivering improved operational efficiencies at the retail checkout.
• Aggressive and ergonomic 360° 5-sided scanning for best in class scanning performance
• Renowned Magellan brand quality and reliability
• All-Weighs Scale Platter with integrated Produce Lift Bar or Produce Rail (Optional)
• FirstStrike advanced decoding software delivers the best performance in reading poor quality labels
• Flash memory for easy software upgrades in the field
• Multiple interface solution supports all popular host interfaces
• Powered auxiliary RS-232 port for easy integration of a handheld scanner
• Supports GS1 DataBar codes
• Checkpoint Systems and Sensormatic EAS compatible (Optional)
Optional Value Added Features:
• Host Download - Lowers Service Cost and Improves Operations
• Diagnostic Reporting - For improved preventative maintenance
• Productivity Index Reporting - Helps identify poorly printed labels
• Cashier Training / Ergonomic Index - Identifies Poor Scanning Habits
• Compatible with Mettler, Bizerba and other adaptive scales
• 1D / Linear Codes Autodiscriminates all standard 1D codes including GS1 DataBar linear codes.
• Stacked Codes GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked; GS1 DataBar Stacked; GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional
• AC Power Requirements AC Input: 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz
• Power Consumption: Operating (Maximum): 8 Watts
• Operating (Nominal): 7 Watts
• Sleep Mode: 4 Watts
• ES D Protection (Air Discharge) 25 kV
• Humidity (Non-Condensing) 5 - 95%
• Temperature Operating: 10 to 40 °C
• Storage/Transport: -40 to 70 °C
• Interfaces: OEM (IBM) USB
• Auxiliary Ports EAS Port: Powered RS-232; Remote Scale Display; Scale Host
• Depth (Below Counter): 10.2 cm
• Height (Above Counter): 13.0 cm
• Model 8404 (Medium, Scanner/Scale): 40.1 cm
• Width: 29.2 cm
• Adjustments Required: Calibration Only
• Capacity: 15.0 kg
• Maximum Static Weight: 68.0 kg
• Minimum Increment: 0.005 kg
• Vibration Immunity: 4 Programmable Filter Settings
• Motor Speed: 6,000 rpm
• Read Height: 15.2 cm
• Read Rate (Maximum): 5,200 lines/sec.
• Reading Indicators: Beeper (Adjustable Tone and Volume); Good Read LED
• Scan Lines: 52
• Scan Zone: 360°
• Sides Read: 5 Sides
Safety & Regulatory
• The product meets necessary safety and regulatory approvals for its intended use.
• The Quick Reference Guide for this product can be referred to for a complete list of certifications.
• Complies to EU RoHS
• Caution Laser Radiation - Do not stare into beam; CDRH Class IIa; EN 60825 Class 1; IEC 60825 Class 1
• OPOS / JavaPOS: JavaPOS Utilities are available for download at no charge.
• OPOS Utilities are available for download at no charge.
• Warranty 1-Year Factory Warranty
Due to the specialised nature of Point of Sale items this product cannot be exchanged or returned (unless faulty). Please verify compatibility before purchase & if you have any questions please contact us. We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.