Apple MacBook Air (2018) 13.3 Inch Retina 2K i5-8210Y 3.6GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Laptop with macOS - Silver
• With a resolution of 2560 by 1600 for over 4 million pixels, the results are positively jaw-dropping. Images take on a new level of detail and realism. Text is sharp and clear. And True Tone technology automatically adjusts the white point of the display to match the colour temperature of your environment — making web pages and email look as natural as the printed page. With 48 per cent more colours than the previous generation, everything you see is rich and vibrant. The display glass goes all the way to the edge of the enclosure, making the borders 50 per cent thinner than before. So you can focus on what’s on your screen. And you’re going to love what you see.
Your fingerprint is your password.
• The advanced security and convenience of Touch ID are now built into MacBook Air. Simply place your finger on the Touch ID sensor and — just like that — your Mac unlocks. Use your fingerprint to immediately access locked documents, notes and system settings, without entering yet another password. Online shopping is even easier. Select Apple Pay on participating websites in Safari, and with just one touch you’re done. No need to enter shipping or billing info, and your card details are never shared. With Touch ID, your private information stays private.
Apple T2 Security Chip
• MacBook Air features the Apple T2 Security Chip — our second-generation custom engineered Mac silicon chip designed to make MacBook Air even more secure. So when you use Touch ID to unlock your Mac, authenticate a document or pay a merchant online, your information stays safe. With on-the-fly data encryption, all your data stored on the SSD is automatically and fully encrypted. And thanks to the T2 Security Chip, a familiar voice comes to MacBook Air — Hey Siri is always ready to open apps, find documents, play music and answer your questions.
A real hands-on experience.
• The latest-generation MacBook Air keyboard features our butterfly mechanism — providing four times more key stability than a traditional scissor mechanism, along with greater comfort and responsiveness. And individual LED-backlit keys with an ambient light sensor help you type in low light environments.
Force Touch Trackpad
• The Force Touch trackpad lets you interact with your Mac in a variety of ways based on subtle differences in pressure. You have precise control and a uniform response — no matter where you click the trackpad — as well as plenty of room for Multi-Touch gestures like pinch and zoom. Your fingers will feel right at home.
One for all, all in one.
• Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra-high bandwidth with the remarkable versatility of the USB-C industry standard to create one revved-up universal port — and MacBook Air has two of them. Thunderbolt 3 integrates data transfer, charging and video output in a single connector, delivering up to 40 Gbps of throughput for twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2. Existing devices are easily connected with a cable or adapter. And Thunderbolt 3 is reversible, so no matter how you plug it in, it’s always the right way up.
Sound that speaks volumes.
• With the latest in processing and tuning techniques, MacBook Air sounds better than ever. Stereo speakers deliver twice the bass and 25 per cent more volume than the previous generation. And wider stereo sound creates immersive audio when you’re listening to music or watching a movie. The FaceTime camera lets one — or many — of your friends and family members see you in high definition. And three microphones form an array that more accurately captures your voice for FaceTime calls, dictation and talking to Siri.
The first Mac made with 100 per cent recycled aluminium.
• Introducing an aluminium alloy created by Apple that delivers the same strength, durability and flawless finish — without mining any new aluminium from the earth. It’s designed to use shavings of recaptured aluminium that are re-engineered down to the atomic level. The result is an enclosure as incredibly beautiful and strong as any we have made, and the greenest Mac ever created.
• Operating System: macOS
• Processor: Intel Core i5-8210Y Dual-Core Processor (4M Cache, 1.60 GHz up to 3.60 GHz)
• Memory: 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
• Storage: 256GB PCIe-based SSD
• Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 617
• Optical drive: None
• Interfaces: 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports (with support for Charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps), USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps))
• Bluetooth: v4.2
• Wireless LAN: 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking
• Mobile Connectivity: None
• Power Supply: 30W USB-C Power Adapter; USB-C power port
• Battery: Built-in 49.9 watt hour lithium polymer battery
• Camera: 720p FaceTime HD camera
• Audio: Stereo speakers, Three microphones, 3.5-mm headphone jack
• Keyboard: Full-sized keyboard with LED-backlit keys, including 12 function keys and four arrow keys, Ambient light sensor
• Pointing device: Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing and Multi-Touch gestures
• Colour: Silver
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 304.1 x 212.4 x 4.1/15.6 mm
• Weight (approx.): 1.25 kg
• 30W USB-C Power Adapter
• USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
Please note our standard dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. Our courier partners will provide a contactless delivery service.
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.