Western Digital Ultrastar DC HC510 10TB 7200rpm 256MB Cache 3.5 Inch SATA NAS Hard Drive
• Laying the foundation for a worry-free data center, Western Digital delivers an exceptional capacity hard drive for the enterprise – Ultrastar DC HC510, previously known as Ultrastar He10 and part of our HC500 series of helium-filled hard drives. Designed to handle workloads up to 550TB per year, the Ultrastar DC HC510 uses PMR technology and is the industry’s first 10TB drive that is drop-in ready for any enterprise capacity application or environment. Based on field proven, third-generation HelioSeal technology, it offers one of the lowest power profiles in the industry to help data center architects meet eco-environmental goals and requirements. Targeted at 2.5M hours MTBF, the DC HC510 provides the highest reliability rating available of all HDDs on the market today by building on the successful design of its 8TB and 6TB predecessors. Trust Western Digital and Ultrastar DC HC510 to deliver more capacity, more efficiency, more reliability and more value to your data center.
HelioSeal Technology Helps Solve Challenges Facing Next Generation Data Centers
• Data centers are facing growing pressures. Data volume is expanding, operating costs are rising, yet budgets remain fl at. Lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO) has become the focus of data center architects and the Ultrastar DC HC510 provides the best value proposition and greatest storage efficiency available. Compared to our 8TB air-filled drives, this HelioSeal hard drive provides 25% more capacity, uses 28% less idle power, is 43% more power efficient (Watts/TB), and is 25% more reliable, rated at 2.5M hours MTBF. New features include a second-generation, dual-stage actuator—the Western Digital Micro-Actuator—enhancing head-positioning accuracy to deliver better performance, data integrity and overall drive reliability, especially in multi-drive environments where operational vibration is present. Refer to our technical brief to learn more. A choice of 6Gb/s SATA and 12Gb/s SAS interface enables easy integration into high performance data centers.
Data Durability and Security with Industry-Leading Quality and Reliability
• As drive capacity grows beyond single-digit TBs, object storage systems with erasure coding provide better data durability compared to RAID systems, given its tolerance for simultaneous errors conditions. Ultrastar DC HC510 is a best-fi t for object storage implementations given its massive capacity and industry-leading reliability rating. Compliance and privacy requirements drive the need for increased data security. Ultrastar DC HC510 offers security and encryption options to protect data from unauthorized use, including a new option for TCG support on some SATA models.
Western Digital Quality and Service
• Ultrastar DC HC510 extends Western Digital’s long-standing tradition of performance and capacity leadership. The proven drive design enables high reliability and availability to customer data. Ultrastar quality, performance and world class technical service and support provides customers with a lower total cost of ownership over previous generations. Ultrastar drives are backed by an array of technical support and services, which may include customer and integration assistance. Dedicated to providing a complete portfolio of devices and systems, Western Digital products help create environments for data to thrive.
• Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
• Capacity: 10TB
• Sector size (bytes): 4Kn: 4096 512e: 512
• Data buffer: 256 MB
• Rotational speed: 7200 RPM
• Latency average (ms): 4.16
• Interface transfer rate (MB/s, max): 600
• Sustained transfer rate: Up to 249 MB/sec, typ., Up to 225 MB/sec, typ.
• Seek time: (read/write, ms, typical): 8.0
• Error rate (non-recoverable, bits read): 1 in 10^15
• Load/Unload cycles (40°C): 600,000
• MTBF (M hours): 2.5
• Annualised Failure Rate (AFR): 0.35%
• Availability (hrs/day x days/wk): 24x7
• Idle/Operating (Bels, typical): 2.0 / 3.6
• Requirement: +5V, +12V
• Operating (W, typical): 6.8
• Idle (W): 5.0
• z-height: 26.1 mm
• Dimensions (WxD): 101.6 (+/-0.25) x 147 mm
• Weight (max.): 660g
• Ambient temperature: 5° to 60°C
• Shock (half-sine wave, G, read operation): 70 (2 ms)
• Vibration (G RMS, 10 to 300 Hz): 0.67 (XYZ)
• Ambient temperature: -40° to 70°C
• Shock (half-sine wave, G): 300 (2ms)
• Random Vibration (G RMS, 10 to 300 Hz): 1.04 (XYZ)
We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
We are a WD Select Silver Partner
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.