Datalogic 1400I Magellan 1D/2D 5V USB Omni-directional Imaging Scanner - Black
On-Counter Presentation Omnidirectional Bar Code Reader
Like its sister product, the Magellan 1000i reader, the Magellan 1400i presentation scanner features a unique approach to imaging technology by using digital scan patterns for omnidirectional reading. This innovative technology offers maximum reliability and high performance while excelling at capturing hard-to-read codes.
The 1400i elevates performance even higher by providing standard support for PDF417 and Data Matrix label decoding along with image capture support, a larger scan volume and a longer depth-of-field.
The Magellan 1400i scanner is the ideal product for customers who need the highest performance, reliability, and value in a small presentation scanner design. Multiple reading modes match the right scanning technique to the item to be read. Offering hands-free operation using either presentation or sweep scanning styles, it can also be picked up and easily used as a handheld reader to scan bulky or larger items. Rubber over molded grips enhances user comfort for handheld use. The 1400i also offers a standard targeting mode for reading close proximity bar codes, like those found on price look-up (PLU) lists. These simple and intuitive reading modes increase productivity and customer service while additionally reducing the time required for training new operators.
Each Magellan 1400i presentation reader is capable of supporting all of the most popular host interfaces which allows for easy migration of the scanner if host hardware or software changes. A Checkpoint Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) option provides additional value by integrating scanning and deactivation into one smooth motion.
• Auto discriminates 2D and 1D codes
• Precise imaging scan volume eliminates misreads caused by stray laser scan lines
• Handheld and hands-free operation
• Targeted scanning mode for Price Look-Up (PLU) lists
• Small footprint for easy installation into space constrained applications
• Compact size and ergonomic design ensure comfortable handheld scanning
• Optional tilting stand allows scan volume to be optimized for each user and has screw holes for fixed mounting
• Digital imaging technology eliminates moving parts for improved reliability
• Water and Particulate Sealing Rating: IP52
• Supports GS1 DataBar codes
• Checkpoint Systems EAS compatible
• 1D / Linear Codes: Auto discriminates all standard 1D codes including GS1 Databar™linear codes
• 2D Codes: Data Matrix
• Stacked Codes: GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked; GS1 DataBar Stacked; GS1 DataBar ; Stacked Omnidirectional; PDF417
• Current: Operating (Typical): < 450 mA ; Standby/Idle (Typical): < 350 mA
• Input Voltage: 5.0 VDC Model +/- 10%
• Ambient Light: Indoor: 40 to 6,000 lux; Outdoor: 40 to 86,100 lux
• Drop Resistance: Withstands repeated drops from 1.2 m / 4.0 ft onto a concrete surface
• ESD Protection (Air Discharge ): 25 kV
• Humidity (No n-Condensing): 5 - 95%
• Particulate and Water Sealing: IP52
• Temperature Operating: 0 to 40 °C
• Storage/Transport: -40 to 70 °C
• Interface: USB
• EAS Features: Checkpoint Systems: Integrated EAS hardware will work with Counterpoint IV, V, VI and VII models
• Colour: Black
• Dimensions: Scanner in Stand: 18.0 x 8.1 x 9.7 cm
• Weight: 445.1 g
• Image Capture: 752 x 480 pixels; Graphic Formats : JPEG
• Print Contrast Ratio (Minimum ): 25%
• Read Rate (Maximum ): 1,170 digital scan lines/sec.
• Reading Angle: Pitch: +/- 65°; Roll (Tilt): 0 - 360°; Skew (Yaw): +/- 75°
• Reading Indicators: Beeper (Adjustable Tone and Volume); Good Read LED
• Resolution (Maximum ): 0.130 mm / 5 mils
• Scan Lines: Digital: 104
Typical Depth of Field: Minimum distance determined by symbol length and scan angle.
Printing resolution, contrast, and ambient light dependent.
• 5 mils: 1.9 to 5.0 cm
• 6.6 mils (PDF): 3.8 to 7.6 cm
• 7.5 mils: 1.3 to 10.2 cm
• 10 mils: 0 to 15.2 cm
• 10 mils (PDF): 3.1 to 15.2 cm
• 13 mils (UPC): 0 to 20.3 cm
• 15 mils (PDF): 2.5 to 20.3 cm
• 20 mils: 0 to 22.9 cm
Safety & Regulatory
• Agency Approvals: The product meets necessary safety and regulatory approvals for its intended use.
• The Quick Reference Guide for this product can be referred to for a complete list of certifications.
• Complies to EU RoHS
• LED Classification IEC 60825 Class 1 LED
• OPOS / Java POS JavaPOS Utilities are available for download at no charge
• OPOS Utilities are available for download at no charge
• Warranty 2-Year Factory Warranty
Due to the specialised nature of Point of Sale items this product cannot be exchanged or returned (unless faulty). Please verify compatibility before purchase & if you have any questions please contact us. For the latest information on our services during the current COVID-19 alert levels Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.