Asus X99-WS/IPMI Intel X99 Socket 2011-3 ATX Workstation Motherboard
Exclusive ASUS O.C Socket—Drive CPU and DDR4 performance beyond all expectations!
• Streamline Airflow Design–CPU and memory slots in a parallel arrangement providing optimized cooling
• Complete remote server management-Both ASMB8-iKVM and ASWM Enterprise offer overall remote management saving time and effort
• Supreme Power Solution – Premium components deliver industry-leading power efficiency
• Superb storage flexibility– onboard M.2, SATA Express and support for ASUS PIKE II cards
• Upgrade flexibility to ultimate-speed 10Gbit/s with ASUS USB 3.1 Card
Streamline-airflow design with CPU and memory slots in a parallel arrangement
X99-WS/IPMI deliver superior flexibility and performance with Intel® 2011-v3 socket, eight DDR4 DIMM slots, and five PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots. Furthermore, X99-WS/IPMI's layout is designed for optimal airflow, with the processor and memory slots placed in a parallel arrangement, providing optimized cooling for increased efficiency – making the motherboard ideal for both datacenter and workstation use.
Complete remote server management
The IPMI 2.0-compliant ASMB8-iKVM module enables remote BIOS updates, standalone KVM/Java utility, video recording and BSOD capture. With out-of-band management ASMB8-iKVM provides round-the-clock remote monitoring and diagnosis even if the server operating system is down or offline, and all through a user-friendly web-based graphical interface that works with all major browsers. In addition, ASWM Enterprise software provides one-to-multiple centralized management including BIOS flash, software dispatch, task scheduler, remote control and power control, via colorful and informative graphical interface.
Supreme Power Solutions
ASUS ASUS X99-WS/IPMI couples innovative thinking with premium components to deliver industry-leading power efficiency.
Carefully engineered with Beat Thermal Chokes made of highly conductive and efficient gold-treated coating for minimal-loss power delivery and integrated Dr. MOS MOSFET that both saves space and reduces operating temperatures. For the latest workstation motherboard, ASUS introduce the industry's most durable 12K solid capacitors, and exclusive ASUS ProCool power connectors. ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is built to stay cool under pressure — and boosts performance, power efficiency and product longevity into extreme levels!
12K hour caps - Capacitors with World's Best Longevity
ASUS is the world's first motherboard manufacturer to introduce 12K solid capacitors, and ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is of course equipped. These Japanese-made capacitors are the most durable in the industry, able to endure up to 12K hours at 105 °C and 1.2M hours at 65 °C. This is far higher than the temperatures generated by everyday computing, so ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is built for endurance . Our 12k capacitors also boast lowered equivalent series resistance (ESR) for increased efficiency and minimized heat generation — improving overall performance!
Q-Code Logger – one-touch status checker
Q-code logger is your one-touch status checker that lets users easily check system status at any time. Plug a flash drive into adjacent USB port, press the motherboard's dedicated Q-Code logger button and all ASUS Q-Code event logs for the current live session will be copied to the drive even with the system off.
ASUS Dr. Power hassle-free power supply health monitoring
As the ASUS X99-WS/IPMI is meant for professional users who rely on non-stop operation, stable power delivery is critical. Real time power supply health detection helps prevent sudden system shutdown and provides hassle-free notifications should power delivery be insufficient. Additionally, LED messages on the board clearly indicate any relevant power issues in the event your system fails to boot.
Drive 8-core CPU and DDR4 performance beyond all expectations!
The ASUS X99-WS/IPMI' CPU socket includes extra pins that connect proprietary circuitry to extra contacts found on Haswell-E's land grid array (LGA). When combined with our customized UEFI, this exclusive feature offers comprehensively-improved overclocking margins, especially under extreme liquid-nitrogen (LN2) overclocking. You'll enjoy better margins for memory overclocking, better comparative memory performance under the same frequencies, and better margins for CPU overclocking with minimal voltage drop — so you're able to push the latest processors and DDR4 memory beyond their limits! OC Socket is 100% compatible with the new Haswell-E LGA 2011-3 processors. Forget limits, break every performance barrier with OC Socket!
Unique Cache Bus Voltage Adjustment
Cache bus links areas such as CPU cores, DDR4 Memory Controllers, System Agent and the shared L3 Cache. It is a critical interconnect for the whole CPU subsystem. Higher cache bus frequency directly gives faster total sub-system performance. ASUS OC Socket exclusively provides an adjustable cache bus voltage to reach higher cache bus frequencies.
Make your memory go faster
This is the first platform to support DDR4 memory, and it is capable of overclocking memory up to DDR4 3200+ MHz with all eight DIMMs fully loaded! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus patent-pending OC Socket unleash the full potential of DDR4 by minimizing crosstalk and signal reflections. Thanks to our expertise in motherboard layout design, signal timing issues are also greatly reduced, resulting in improved stability and overall performance. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility – so you're assured reliable performance from your favorite brands.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
Evolve your storage speed with SATA Express
SATA Express provides up to 10Gbit/s data-transfer speeds from two PCIE 2.0 lanes, resolving the higher bandwidth request in the near future. The current SSDs consume up to 550MB/s, which is close to saturation point for SATA 6Gbit/s connections. Backwardly compatible with up to two SATA drives, SATA Express is the next-generation connectivity standard — and ensures that you and your system won't get left behind.
Speed up with onboard M.2 up to 10Gb/s
With x 2 x PCI Express 2.0 bandwidth ,M.2 supports up to 10Gb/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
Instantly upgrade to ultimate-speed 10Gb/s with USB 3.1 Card
ASUS brings you the world's first USB 3.1 Card, perfectly matched for this motherboard.
10Gb/s data-transfer speeds – twice as fast as USB 3.0
Choice of USB 3.1 connectors:
1. Popular, backwardly-compatible Type-A
2. New, future-proof reversible Type-C
Fits in any PCIe x4, x8, x16 slot
Even faster USB 3.1 transfers with included ASUS USB 3.1
Flawless audio that makes you part of the game
Crystal Sound 2 makes short work of optimizing audio settings for the way you want to listen, be it gaming, chatting, watching movies or relaxing to your favorite music. Onboard physical shielding, professional engineered design and premium components, including Japanese-made audio capacitors and operational amplifiers (op-amps), result in sound output that has exceptional clarity and fidelity. Discover a whole new dimension of superior audio and get ready to rule!
A double win for gaming!
The difference between defeat and victory can be measured in milliseconds. That's why ASUS motherboards are equipped with state-of-the-art networking technology that puts your frags first!
Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology adds even more lag-reducing support and intuitive user interface. It allows you to lower lag with no expert knowledge – by up to 1.45X! If you're a tweaker, use Advanced Mode for hardcore controls.
With support for both NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX 2/3-WAY configurations, the X99 motherboard enables multi-GPU setups so you can harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies to drive games at 4K and beyond
• Build in Intel Socket 2011-v3 Core i7 Processors
• Supports Intel 22 nm CPU
• Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
• The Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
• Intel Socket 2011-v3 for Intel Xeon processor E5-1600 v3 product family
• Intel Socket 2011-v3 for Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 product family
• Intel X99
• 8 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
• 8 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 2133/1866 MHz ECC, Un-buffered Memory
• 8 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 2133/1866 MHz ECC, Register Memory
• Quad Channel Memory Architecture
• Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
• Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
• Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
• Supports NVIDIA 3-Way SLI Technology
• Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX Technology
• 40-Lane CPU-
• 5 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (single at x16, dual at x16/x16, triple at x16/x16/x8, quintuple at x8/x8/x8/x8/x8 mode)
• 28-Lane CPU-
• 5 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (single at x16, dual at x16/x8, quad at x8/x8/x8/x4 mode)
• Intel X99 chipset :
• 8 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s),
• 1 x SATA Express port, gray, , compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
• 1 x M.2 Socket 3, gray,
• Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
• Supports Intel Smart Connect Technology
• Intel I210-AT, 2 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
• 1 x Management LAN
• Realtek ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 2
• Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking, Front Panel MIC Jack-retasking
• High quality 109 dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out at rear) and 104 dB SNR stereo playback input (Line-in)
• High-fidelity audio OP AMP(s)
• Audio Feature :
• DTS Ultra PC II
• DTS Connect
• Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
• BD Audio Layer Content Protection
• Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
• Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
• Audio amplifier: Provides the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers
• Premium Japanese-made 12K hours capacitors
• Absolute Pitch 192khz/24bit true BD lossless sound
• Separate layer for left and right track, ensuring both sound deliver equal quality
• Intel X99 chipset :
• 6 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)
• Intel X99 chipset :
• 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (2 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)
• ASMedia USB 3.0 controller :
• 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, +blue)
• Workstation Feature
• 5 x PCIe x 16 slot(s)
• ASUS Dr. Power
• 12K hours Capacitors
• ProCool Power Connector
• Q-Code Logger
• Special Features
• ASUS TPU :
• TPU switch
• ASUS EPU :
• EPU switch
• ASUS Digital Power Design :
• Industry leading Digital 8 Phase Power Design
• Industry leading Digital 4 Phase DRAM Power Design
• CPU Power Utility
• DRAM Power Utility
• ASUS Exclusive Features :
• USB BIOS Flashback
• Ai Charger+
• USB Charger+
• M.2 & SATA Express
• Disk Unlocker
• Turbo LAN
• Crystal Sound 2
• EZ XMP ASUS Exclusive Features
• ASUS EZ DIY :
• ASUS O.C. Tuner
• ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
• ASUS EZ Flash 2
• Push Notice
• ASUS Q-Design :
• ASUS Q-Shield
• ASUS Q-Code
• ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
• ASUS Q-Slot
• ASUS Q-DIMM
• Media Streamer
Back I/O Ports:
• 2 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
• 4 x USB 3.0 (blue)
• 2 x USB 2.0 (one port can be switched to USB BIOS Flashback) *7
• 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
• 8 x Audio jack(s)
• 1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
• 1 x Q-Code Logger button
• 1 x 8-channel Audio I/O
• 1 x Management LAN
Internal I/O Ports:
• 1 x AAFP connector
• 2 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.0 port(s) (19-pin)
• 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
• 1 x SATA Express connector: gray, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
• 1 x M.2 Socket 3 for M Key, type 2260/2280 devices
• 1 x TPM connector(s)
• 1 x TPM header
• 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
• 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
• 1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
• 4 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 x -pin)
• 1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
• 2 x 8-pin EATX 12 V Power connector
• 1 x 6-pin EATX 12 V_1 Power connector(s)
• 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
• 1 x EZ XMP switch
• 1 x AUX panel header(s)
• 1 x SMBus header(s)
• 1 x System panel(s)
• 1 x DRCT header(s)
• 1 x MemOK! button(s)
• 1 x TPU switch(es)
• 1 x EPU switch(es)
• 1 x Power-on button(s)
• 1 x Reset button(s)
• 1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
• 1 x Dr.Power switch(es)
• 1 x 3-pin CHASSIS(Chassis intrusion) connector
• Windows 8.1
• Windows 8
• Windows 7
• Windows Server 2012 R2
• User's manual
• ASUS Q-Shield
• 1 x COM port cable(s)
• 10 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
• 1 x Supporting DVD
• 1 x 3-Way SLI bridge(s)
• 1 x SLI bridge(s)
• 1 x 2-port USB 2.0 module(s)
• 1 x VGA bracket(s)
• 1 x ASWM Enterprise SDVD
• 1 x ASMB8 Support DVD
We are an Asus authorised reseller