Digitus SATA USB 3.0 M.2 SSD External Drive Enclosure
• SATA data transfer rate with up to max. 6 Gbit/s
• Supports M.2 modules Type: 2280 (80mm), 2260 (60mm), 2242 (42mm) and 2230 (30mm) with Key B on SATA basis
• Chipset: ASM1153E
• USB 3.0 - Data transfer rate with up to max. 5 Gbit/s
• Supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol)
• Power supply via USB 3.0 port, no additional power supply required
• Supports hot plugging and is plug & play-capable
• LED activity indicator
• Elegant and high-quality aluminium case
• Supported: Win 10 (64-bit), 10, 8.1 (64-bit), 8.1, 8 (64-bit), 8, 7 (64-bit), 7, Vista (64-bit), Vista / Mac OS 10.8 and later, Linux Kernel 2.6 and later
• Colour: Black
• Dimensions: L 9.7 x W 3.9 x H 1.0 cm
• Weight: 45g
• USB cable (USB 3.0 Micro A to USB A), 20 cm
• User manual
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Can this external SSD enclosure be used with usb 2.0 ports?
The product is designed specifically to function with USB 3.0 ports due to the additional power they provide. The main difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 are the power each port provides to its connected device, and the transfer speeds each interface offers. USB 3.0 being the fastest and more powerful. In most cases USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0, but for this particular product I would recommend staying with a USB 3.0 interface as advised by the manufacturer.
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.