Asus Essence STX II Stereo PCIe HiFi Audio Card
• Four years after the debut of Essence STX — the long-term holder of the number-one position in Head-Fi's Sound Cards segment, as voted by highly-satisfied users globally — ASUS remains committed to delivering ever better high-end sound cards to delight the most demanding audiophiles. Drawing on years of experience in developing Essence One, Essence STU and Essence III, Essence STX II delivers meticulous design, quintessential performance and profound musicality — elements that shape the spirit of the whole Essence Hi-Fi series.
Legendary audio quality that just got better
• Essence STX II delivers industry-leading 124dB SNR audio clarity, a much-envied quality inherited from the revolutionary and widely-acclaimed Essence STX sound card — and up to 64 times (64X) better than typical onboard audio hardware. Headphone output reaches a fantastic 120dB SNR.
• A high-precision clock is crucial to audiophiles. Integrated circuits are susceptible to heat and temperature changes, which is why Essence STX II includes a premium temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) clock source. It is an ultra-accurate timing technology that ensures ultra-low jitter.
Clean and consistent power supply
• Essence STX II uses a dedicated four-pin Molex power connection rather than drawing power from the expansion slot like other cards, and that means a cleaner supply of electricity. Optimized power delivery is further assured with high-fidelity low-dropout (LDO) regulators — unprecedented in the audio-card industry. As well, audiophile-appreciated WIMA capacitors deliver balanced sound.
Exquisite headphone gain control
• ASUS engineers have furnished Essence STX II with an additional gain control designed especially for high-sensitivity IEM headphones, allowing musicians and audio purists to use earpieces that channel audio output straight to the ear canal — isolating ambient noise for listening that requires undisturbed concentration.
• Interface: PCI Express
• Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted) (Front-out): 124 dB
• Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted) (Headphone-out): 120 dB
• Input Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted): 118 dB
• Output THD+N at 1kHz (Front-out): > 0.0003 %(-110 dB)
• Output THD+N at 1kHz (Headphone-out): > 0.001 %(-100 dB)
• Frequency Response (-3dB, 16bit/44.1KHz input): 10 Hz to 90 KHz
• Output/Input Full-Scale Voltage: Line output (RCA, 3.5) : 2 Vrms (5.65 Vp-p)
• Headphone output: 7 Vrms ( Vp-p)
• Audio Processor: ASUS AV100 High-Definition Sound Processor (Max. 192KHz/24bit)
• Digital-to-analog Converter (DAC): TI Bur-Brown PCM1792A
Sample Rate and Resolution:
• Analog Playback Sample Rate and Resolution: 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz @ 16bit/24bit
• Analog Recording Sample Rate and Resolution: 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz @ 16bit/24bit
• S/PDIF Digital Output: 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz @ 16bit/24bit
• ASIO Driver Support: 44.1K/48K/88.2K/96K/176.4K/192KHz @ 16bit/24bit
• Analog Output: 1 x 6.3 mm jack (1/4") Headphone out, 2 x RCA (Un-Balanced)
• Analog Input: 1 x 6.3 mm jack (1/4") (Line-in/ Mic-in combo)
• Digital: 1 x S/PDIF out (1 x Coaxial), 1 x Front-Panel Header
• Dolby Digital Live
• Dolby Headphone
• Dolby Virtual Speaker
• Dolby Pro-Logic II
• Dimensions (L x W): 168 x 107mm
• Windows 8.1
• Windows 8
• Windows 7
• Windows XP
• Op-amp swap kit
• 3.5mm-to-RCA cable
• 6.3mm-to-3.5mm adapter
• S/PDIF adapter
• Driver CD
• Quick start guide
Please note our standard dispatch and delivery time frames will extend during this period. Our courier partners will provide a contactless delivery service. We are experiencing large stock fluctuations with our distribution warehouses. For more information Click Here
We are an Asus authorised reseller
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.