Zebra GC420D 203DPI Direct Thermal Serial, USB, Parallel Label Printer
Zebra GC420d printer, 203 DPI, direct thermal print method, EPL and ZPL programming languages, USB, Auto-Sensing Serial and Centronics parallel connectivity.
Affordability Meets High-Quality
Zebra’s feature-rich, competitively priced GC420 desktop printer brings Zebra quality, durability and reliable performance to many low- to medium-volume, direct thermal and thermal transfer printing applications.
Compact Design Filled with Powerful Features
The GC420 printer’s compact, space-saving design contains a powerful 32-bit processor for fast label throughput, and a large memory for more graphics storage, longer (990 mm) label formats, and faster processing. The GC420 supports a 108 mm media width for standard desktop applications. It also includes both EPL2 and powerful ZPL II programming languages—making it easy to integrate with other Zebra printers. Peeler/dispenser option extends the GC420 printer’s versatility to meet an even greater variety of applications.
• 32 bit RISC processor
• Programming languages: EZPL (ZPL, ZPL II and EPL2)
• Triple connectivity: USB, parallel and serial (Cables not included)
• Print methods: Direct thermal and thermal transfer, printing of barcodes, text and graphics.
• OpenACCESS for easy media and ribbon loading
• Microsoft Windows drivers
• Resolution: 203 dpi/8 dots per mm
• Memory: 8 MB Flash, 8 MB SDRAM (standard)
• Print Width: 104 mm
• Print Length: 990 mm
• Print Speed: 4"/102 mm per second maximum
• Media Sensors: Reflective and transmissive sensors
• Media width: 25.4 mm to 108 mm
• Media length: 9.6 mm to 990 mm
• Maximum media roll size: 127 mm O.D. on a 25.4 mm, 38 mm I.D. core
• Media thickness: 0.08 mm to 0.18 mm
• Roll-fed or fan fold
• Label stock (die cut or continous, direct thermal or thermal transfer)
• Tag stock (die cut or continous, direct thermal or thermal transfer)
• Receipt paper (continous, direct thermal)
• Wristband stock (direct thermal or thermal transfer)
• Outside diameter: 34mm
• Standard length: 74m
• Ribbon capacity: 1:1 One ribbon per roll of media
• Width: 33.8 mm to 110 mm
• Core I.D.: 12.7 mm
• Operating Temp: 40° F/5° C to 105° F/41° C
• Storage Temp: -40° F/-40° C to 140° F/60° C
• Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing R.H
• Storage Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing R.H.
• TUV-R NRTL, TUV-R CB, NOM, KCC, CE, FCC Class-B
• Width: 201mm
• Height: 170 mm
• Depth: 208 mm
• Weight: 1.4 kg
• ZebraDesigner Pro—An intuitive, easy-to-use software program for creating complex label designs (option)
• ZebraDesigner—Offers basic features for simple label design
• ZebraDesigner Driver—The most powerful driver available from Zebra
• ZPL II—Zebra Programming Language provides sophisticated label formatting and printer control.
• EPL2—Eltron Programming Language with Line Mode simplifies label formatting and enables format compatibility with legacy applications.
Communication and Interface Capabilities
• Centronics parallel (36 pin) connector ports
• RS-232 Serial interface
• USB V1.1 interface, bi-directional
• 16 resident expandable ZPL fonts
• One resident scalable ZPL font
• 5 resident expandable EPL2 fonts
• Supports user-defined fonts and graphics—including custom logos
Bar Code Symbologies
• Bar Code Ratios: 2:1 (non-rotated) and 3:1
• Linear Bar Codes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128A, B & C (User selectable/Auto), UCC/EAN-128, Code 128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN-14, UPC-A and UPC-E with EAN 2 or 5 digit extensions, UPC-E with 2 and 5 add on, Plessey, POSTNET, Standard 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, LOGMARS, MSI, Codabar, and GS1 DataBar (formerly RSS), Postnet (5, 9, 11 & 13 digit) Japanese Postnet, Plessey (MSI-1), MSI-3, German Post Code, RSS-14 (limited, truncated, stacked).
• 2-Dimensional: PDF417 (MicroPDF-417 and MacroPDF-417), Code 49, Maxicode, Codablock, Data Matrix, QR code, and Aztec.
• Auto-ranging external power supply with C7 type connector
• Output: 20 VDC, 2.5A
• Input: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
Due to the specialised nature of Point of Sale items this product cannot be exchanged or returned (unless faulty). Please verify compatibility before purchase & if you have any questions please contact us. We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.