Special Product Offer:
StarTech Hot Swap Hard Drive Bay for 5.25/3.5 Inch Bay to 1x 2.5 Inch SATA HDD/SSD + Prezzy Card Draw Offer
• Mount the removable SATA drive bay into any 3.5" or 5.25" front bay, to provide a hot-swappable mobile rack. This makes it easy to install and remove the drive from the computer system without having to open the case every time, and provides a more convenient way to create backups that you can remove for data recovery and archiving.
Make your data portable
• If you need access to your data outside of the office, you can use the enclosure portion as a standard USB 3.1 (10Gbps) enclosure - a powerful external storage solution when you need access to your files while you’re on the road. Simply eject the enclosure from the bay for portable data storage. Its lightweight, compact design makes it easy to tuck into a laptop bag or carrying case. The enclosure includes a Micro-USB to USB-A and a Micro-USB to USB-C cable, so you can plug the enclosure into your laptop and access your data anywhere you go.
Add scalability to your storage
• For even more versatility, StarTech.com offers the S251BU31REMD, an extra 2.5" SATA Drive Enclosure for the S251BU31REM, providing multiple enclosures that can be swapped in and out of the main computer.
• Bus Type: USB 3.1 Gen 2
• Chipset ID: ASMedia - ASM1351
• Compatible Drive Types: SATA
• Drive Installation: Removable
• Drive Size: 2.5in
• Front Door Key Lock: No
• Interface: SATA, USB 3.1 Gen 2
• Number of Drives: 1
• Supported Drive Height(s): 5mm, 7mm, 9.5mm
• 4Kn Support: Yes
• Max Drive Capacity: Currently tested with hard drives up to 2TB at 7200 RPM.
• Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 10Gbps
• MTBF: 100,000 hours
• TRIM Support: Yes
• Type and Rate: USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s, SATA III (6 Gbps)
• UASP Support: Yes
• Drive Connectors: 1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle
• Host Connectors: 1 - USB 3.1 USB Type Micro-B (10 pin, Gen 2, 10 Gbps) Female, 1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug, 1 - SP4 (4 pin, Small Drive Power) Male
• LED Indicators: 1 - Power(Green), 1 - Activity(Red)
• Power Source: USB-Powered
• Humidity: Operation Humidity: 10% ~ 90% RH
• Storage Humidity: 5% ~ 95% RH
• Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
• Storage Temperature: -10°C to 65°C (14°F to 149°F)
• Color: Black
• Material: Aluminum and Plastic
• Max Drive Height: 9.5 mm
• Product Height: 4.2 cm
• Product Length: 15.5 cm
• Product Width: 14.6 cm
• Weight of Product: 426 g
• Note Windows 7 and earlier Windows versions do not support TRIM with USB to SATA devices.
• System and Cable Requirements Available 3.5" or 5.25" front bay, Available internal SATA data connector, Available SATA or LP4 Molex internal power connector
• 1x 3.5” front-panel drive bay
• 1x 3.5” to 5.25” front bay adapter bracket
• 1x SATA data cable
• 1x SATA power cable
• 1x Molex power cable
• 1x USB-C to Micro-B cable
• 1x USB-A to Micro-B cable
• 1x set of drive-mounting hardware
• 4x bay-mounting screws
• 4x bracket-mounting screws
• 1x quick-start guide
We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.