Business Storage Windows Server 4-bay NAS makes it easy to expand into a branch office or add local storage to your network by utilizing your existing Windows IT infrastructure. With native support for Active Directory, you can simplify setup and manage users through an existing directory instead of manually entering users and access controls for a single device.
Grow Your Way
• The Windows Server 4-Bay NAS features Windows Storage Server 2012 Workgroup edition with Storage Spaces to deliver the optimal blend of capacity, performance and redundancy. This makes it the ideal choice for centralized management and integration with other Windows servers on the network.
Move At Top Speed
• Powered by a 2.13GHz dual-core Intel Atom processor coupled with 4GB of RAM and support for SMB 3.0, the Windows Server 4-Bay NAS delivers impressive file transfer performance of up to 200MB/s. External drives can also be connected to one of two USB 3.0 ports or USM slot to add additional capacity to the main storage pool.
• Made specifically for the needs of small NAS systems, Seagate NAS HDDs provide the best-performing, highest-capacity storage for 1- to 5-bay NAS systems. And Seagate NASWorks technology improves drive reliability with custom-built error recovery controls, power settings and vibration tolerance.
Protection For Your Data
• Bitlocker encryption adds security for your files with a familiar Windows setup process. For an added level of protection, the Windows Server 4-bay NAS is also designed with a USM slot that can hold a portable drive. When combined with built-in Windows Server Backup software, it makes a great solution for offsite backup.
• Capacity: 16TB (4 x 4TB)
• Operating System: Windows Storage Server 2012 Workgroup
• Number of Bays: 4 hot-swappable
• Memory: 4GB DDR III
• Processor: Dual-core 2.13GHz Intel 64-bit Atom processor
• Networking: Dual Gigabit Ethernet
• External Ports: 2 x USB 3.0 (1x front, 1x back), 1 x USB 2.0 (back)
• USM Slot: Yes
• Compatible Drives: 3.5" SATA II or SATA III
• Power Supply & Management: Sleep mode for power saving, Scheduled power on/off (RTC), Wake-on-LAN
• Cooling Management: Smart fan control (PWM regulated)
• Network Protocols & Services: CIFS/SMB, NFS, HTTP(s), FTP, FTPS, iSCSI initiator and target, native Active Directory support; DFS Namespace; DFS Replication
• Certifications: Windows Server 2012 and HyperV
• RAID: 0, 1, 5, JBOD, Microsoft Storage Spaces with thin provisioning and hot spare
• Backup Solution: PC to NAS: using client software (Windows Backup, etc.); Windows Server backup NAS to DAS and NAS to NAS; 100GB Free Evault Online Backup
• Remote Access: Remote desktop
• Client OS Supported: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista 7 or 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 Server
• Drive Configurations: 4TB (2x2TB), 8TB (4x2TB), 12TB (4x3TB), 16TB (4x4TB)
Seagate Business Storage Windows Server 16TB (4x 4TB) 4-Bay NAS
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.