Samsung 980 PRO NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 250GB Solid State Drive
• Powered by Samsung custom Elpis Controller for PCIe 4.0 SSD, the 980 PRO is optimised for speed. It delivers read speeds up to 7,000 MB/s, making it 2 times faster than PCIe 3.0 SSDs and 12.7 times faster than SATA SSDs. The 980 PRO achieves max speeds on PCIe 4.0 and may vary in other environments.
A winning combination
• Designed with hardcore gamers and tech-savvy users in mind, the 980 PRO offers high-performance bandwidth and throughput for heavy-duty applications in gaming, graphics, data analytics, and more. It's fast at loading games so you can play more and wait less.
Efficient M.2 SSD
• The 980 PRO comes in a compact M.2 2280 form factor, which can be easily plugged into desktops and laptops for maximum board design flexibility. The drive is suitable for building high-performance computing systems due to its optimised power efficiency.
Reliable thermal control
• High-performance SSDs usually require high-performance thermal control. To ensure stable performance, the 980 PRO uses nickel coating to help manage the controller's heat level and a heat spreader label to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip.
Smart thermal solution
• Embedded with Samsung's cutting-edge thermal control algorithm, the 980 PRO manages heat on its own to deliver durable and reliable performance. To minimize performance fluctuations in the long haul, Samsung's Dynamic Thermal Guard technology maintains the 980 PRO's temperature at optimal levels.
World's No. 1 Flash Memory
• Experience superior performance and reliability that you can only get from the world's number one brand for flash memory since 2003. All firmware and components, including Samsung's world-renowned DRAM and NAND, are produced in-house, allowing end-to-end integration for quality you can trust.
• Form Factor: M.2 (2280)
• Interface: PCIe Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3c
• Storage Memory: Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
• Controller: Samsung Elpis Controller
• Cache Memory: Samsung 512MB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
• Features: TRIM Support, S.M.A.R.T Support, GC (Garbage Collection), Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
• Encryption Support: AES 256-bit Encryption
• Device Sleep Mode Support: Yes
• Sequential Read: Up to 6,400 MB/s
• Sequential Write: Up to 2,700 MB/s
• Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 500,000 IOPS
• Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 600,000 IOPS
• Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 22,000 IOPS
• Random Write (4KB, QD1): Up to 60,000 IOPS
• Active Power Consumption: Average: 5W, Maximum: 7W (Burst mode)
• Idle Power Consumption: Max. 35 mW
• Allowable Voltage: 3.3 V ± 5 % Allowable voltage
• Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
• Operating Temperature: 0 - 70°C
• Shock: 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 80.15 x 22.15 x 2.38mm
• Weight: Approx. 9.0g
We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.