Planet GS-4210-24T2S 24 Port Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000BASE-T Layer 2 Managed Switch + 2x Gigabit SFP
• The GS-4210-24T2S can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic port link aggregation, 802.1Q VLAN and Q-in-Q VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), loop and BPDU guard, IGMP snooping, and MLD snooping. Via the link aggregation, the GS-4210-24T2S allows the operation of a high-speed trunk to combine with multiple ports such as a 16Gbps fat pipe, and supports fail-over as well. Also, the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) is the Layer 2 protocol included to help discover basic information about neighboring devices on the local broadcast domain.
Efficient Traffic Control
• The GS-4210-24T2S is loaded with robust QoS features and powerful traffic management to enhance services to business-class data, voice, and video solutions. The functionality includes broadcast/multicast/unicast storm control, per port bandwidth control, 802.1p/CoS/IP DSCP QoS priority and remarking. It guarantees the best performance at VoIP and video stream transmission, and empowers the enterprises to take full advantage of the limited network resources.
• PLANET GS-4210-24T2S offers comprehensive IPv4/IPv6 Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1X port-based authentication, which can be deployed with RADIUS to ensure the port level security and block illegal users. With the protected port function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to guarantee user privacy. Furthermore, port security function allows limiting the number of network devices on a given port.
Flexible Extension Solution
• The two mini-GBIC slots built in the GS-4210-24T2S are compatible with the 100BASE-FX/1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber transceiver to uplink to backbone switch and monitor center in long distance. The distance can be extended from 550 meters to 2km (multi-mode fiber) and to 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
• Adopting the latest chip process and green technology, the GS-4210-24T2S successfully reduces substantial power consumption with the fanless and noiseless design collocating with the effective cooler. Therefore, the GS-4210-24T2S is able to operate stably and quietly in any environment without affecting its performance.
• Hardware Version: 2
• Copper Ports: 24 x 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 auto-MDI/MDI-X ports
• SFP/mini-GBIC Slots: 2 100/1000BASE-X SFP interfaces, supporting 100/1000Mbps dual mode
• Console: 1 x RS232-to-RJ45 serial port (115200, 8, N, 1)
• Reset Button: System factory default
• Switch Architecture: Store-and-Forward
• Switch Fabric: 52Gbps/non-blocking
• Switch Throughput@64 bytes: 38.6Mpps @64 bytes
• MAC Address Table: 8K entries
• Shared Data Buffer: 4.1 megabits
• Flow Control: IEEE 802.3x pause frame for full-duplex, Back pressure for half-duplex
• Jumbo Frame: 9216 bytes
• Reset Button: > 5 sec: Factory default
• LED: System: Power (Green). 10/100/1000T RJ45 Interfaces (Port 1 to Port 24): 1000 LNK/ACT (Green), 10/100 LNK/ACT (Orange). 100/1000Mbps SFP Interfaces (Port 25 to Port 26): 1000 LNK/ACT (Green), 100 LNK/ACT (Orange)
• Power Requirements: 100~240V AC, 50/60Hz, 0.8A (max.)
• Power Consumption/Dissipation: Max. 14 watts/47 BTU
• ESD Protection: Yes
• Enclosure: Metal
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 445 x 207 x 45 mm (1U height)
• Weight: 2.1kg
Layer 2 Functions:
• Port Mirroring: TX/RX/both, Many-to-1 monitor
• VLAN: 802.1Q tagged-based VLAN; Up to 256 VLAN groups, out of 4094 VLAN IDs; 802.1ad Q-in-Q tunneling (VLAN stacking); Voice VLAN; Protocol VLAN; Private VLAN (Protected port); GVRP; Management VLAN
• Link Aggregation: IEEE 802.3ad LACP and static trunk, Supports 8 groups of 8-port trunk
• Spanning Tree Protocol: IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), STP BPDU Guard, BPDU Filtering and BPDU Forwarding
• IGMP Snooping: IPv4 IGMP (v2/v3) snooping, IGMP querier, Up to 256 multicast groups
• MLD Snooping: IPv6 MLD (v1/v2) snooping, up to 256 multicast groups
• Access Control List: IPv4/IPv6 IP-based ACL/MAC-based ACL, IPv4/IPv6 IP-based ACE/MAC-based ACE
• QoS: 8 mapping IDs to 8 level priority queues: Port number, 802.1p priority, DSCP/IP precedence of IPv4/IPv6 packets. Traffic classification based, strict priority and WRR. Ingress/Egress Rate Limit per port bandwidth control
• Security: IEEE 802.1X port-based authentication, Built-in RADIUS client to cooperate with RADIUS server, RADIUS/TACACS+ authentication, IP-MAC port binding, MAC filtering, Static MAC address, DHCP snooping and DHCP Option82, STP BPDU guard, BPDU filtering and BPDU forwarding, DoS attack prevention, ARP inspection, IP source guard, Storm control support: Broadcast/unknown unicast/unknown multicast
• Basic Management Interfaces: RJ45 Console; Web browser; Telnet ; SNMP v1, v2c, v3. Firmware upgrade by HTTP/TFTP protocol through Ethernet network. Configuration upload/download through HTTP/TFTP. Remote/Local Syslog. System log. LLDP Protocol. SNTP. PLANET Smart Discovery Utility
• Secure Management Interfaces: HTTPs, SNMP v3
• SNMP MIBs: RFC 3635 Ethernet-like MIB, RFC 2863 Interface Group MIB, RFC 2819 RMON (1, 2, 3, 9), RFC 1493 Bridge MIB
• Regulatory Compliance: FCC Part 15 Class A, CE
• Standards Compliance: IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX/100BASE-FX, IEEE 802.3z Gigabit SX/LX, IEEE 802.3ab Gigabit 1000BASE-T, IEEE 802.3x flow control and back pressure, IEEE 802.3ad port trunk with LACP, IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree protocol, IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree protocol, IEEE 802.1p Class of Service, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging, IEEE 802.1x Port Authentication Network Control, IEEE 802.1ab LLDP, RFC 768 UDP, RFC 793 TFTP, RFC 791 IP, RFC 792 ICMP, RFC 2068 HTTP, RFC 1112 IGMP version 1, RFC 2236 IGMP version 2, RFC 3376 IGMP version 3, RFC 2710 MLD version 1, RFC 3810 MLD version 2
• Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 50 degrees C
• Operating Relative Humidity: 5 ~ 95% (non-condensing)
• Storage Temperature: -10 ~ 70 degrees C
• Storage Relative Humidity: 5 ~ 95% (non-condensing)
We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.