Netgear FS116P ProSafe 16-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch with 8-Port PoE
The ProSafe FS116P provides power and data from a single point, using Power over Ethernet (PoE) over a single Cat-5 cable. The sixteen Fast Ethernet ports can be used for any 10/100 Mbps link and eight of these ports can supply industry-standard IEEE 802.3af power. Advanced auto-sensing algorithm gives power only to 802.3af end devices, so no need to worry about damaging proprietary PoE or non-PoE equipment. In addition, it discontinues the power when PoE devices are disconnected. Easy and reliable, the ProSafe FS116P automatically determines PoE requirements, speed, duplex, and cable type using AutoUplink.
The affordably priced ProSafe FS116P delivers PoE to any small business network that wants to simplify the installation of wireless access points and IP-based surveillance cameras. These devices are optimally installed on a ceiling or high on a wall, away from most electrical outlets. PoE eliminates the requirement for a dedicated electrical outlet to power these devices. This allows for flexibility in situating devices where AC power is difficult to access and lowers installation costs. Compact and flexible, the ProSafe FS116P is ideal for small business network that want to inexpensively use PoE to deploy wireless access points and IP-based network surveillance cameras.
• Choose to plug in up to 16 Ethernet or Fast Ethernet devices and mix in up to eight 802.3af IP-based devices like wireless access points or IP-based network surveillance cameras. Place these 802.3af-compliant devices where they belong - high up on walls and ceiling for maximum coverage - or anywhere else you need them. Power and data are carried over standard Cat-5 cabling.
Plug and Play
• The standards-based ProSafe FS116P senses and adjusts for network speed and cabling type automatically, for easy integration into your existing 10/100 Ethernet network. For PoE, the switch automatically detects 802.3afcompliant devices, and supplies power as needed. Front panel LEDs keep you informed of switch and PoE status.
Quiet and Compact
• Engineered for compact convenience, it is only 1-inch high and 4-inches deep, with a durable metal case that is easily positioned on your desktop or a wall, using the included mounting hardware. The fan-less design quietly integrates in your small office environment.
• With data switching and Power over Ethernet integrated into one unit, the FS116P saves space, reduces cables and eliminates the requirement for dedicated electrical outlets - lowering installation costs, simplifying installation of PoE-capable devices, and eliminating the need for electricians or extension cords. All in all a great benefit for a modest price.
• Network Ports: 16 auto speed-sensing 10/100 Mbps RJ-45 ports
• Network Protocol and Standards: IEEE 802.3i 10BASE-T ; IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX ; IEEE 802.1p priority tags ; IEEE 802.3x Flow Control ; IEEE 802.3af DTE Power via MDI
• Forwarding modes: Store-and-forward
• Bandwidth: 3.2 Gbps
• Network latency: Less than 20 ?s for 64-byte frames in store-and-forward mode for 100 Mbps to 100 Mbps transmission
• Buffer memory: 96 KB embedded memory per unit
• Address database size: 1,000 media access control (MAC) addresses per system
• Addressing: 48-bit MAC address
• Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 116,009 hours (13 years)
• Acoustic noise: 0 dB
• System: Power, PoE Maximum Power
• Per Port: Link, Activity, Speed, PoE Active, PoE Fault
• Total Power Consumption: 72W maximum
• Total PoE Power Budget: 55W maximum
• 802.3af power consumption: 55W maximum (ports 1 – 8)
• 48V DC; 1.45A (70W max); plug is localized to country of sale
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 287 x 103 x 27 mm
• Weight: 0.9 kg
• Operating temperature: 0 to 40° C
• Storage temperature: -10 to 70°C
• Operating humidity: 90% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing
• Storage humidity: 95% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing
• Operating altitude: 10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum
• Storage altitude: 10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum
• CE mark, commercial
• FCC Part 15 Class A
• VCCI Class A
• EN 55022 (CISPR 22), Class A
• C-Tick, Class A
• EN 55024
• CE mark, commercial
• CE/LVD EN60950
• Switch: NETGEAR Lifetime Warranty
• Power supply: NETGEAR 2-year Warranty
• ProSafe 16-port 10/100 Switch with Power over Ethernet (FS116P)
• AC Adapter
• Wall-mount kit
• Installation guide
• Warranty/support Information card
We are an Authorised NZ Reseller of Netgear Products