Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming GT LGA 1151 Intel Z170 Skylake ATX Motherboard
• Supports 6th Generation Intel Core Processor
• Dual Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs
• Intel USB 3.1 with USB Type-C - The World's Next Universal Connector
• 3-Way Graphics Support with Exclusive Ultra Durable Metal Shielding over the PCIe Slots
• Dual PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 Connectors with up to 32Gb/s Data Transfer (PCIe NVMe & SATA SSD support)
• 3 SATA Express Connectors for up to 16Gb/s Data Transfer
• Integrated HDMI 2.0 support
• Creative SoundCore 3D Gaming Audio
• Killer E2400 and Intel Gaming Networks
• LED Trace Path with Multi-Color Choice
• APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
• GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS with Q-Flash Plus USB port
Extreme Intel USB 3.1 Controller
USB-IF's World's 1st USB 3.1 Certified Controller
The Intel USB 3.1 controller utilizes 2 PCIe Gen3 lanes, offering 16 Gb/s of total bandwidth, for uncompromised transfer speeds of up to 10 Gb/s per USB 3.1. With twice the bandwidth compared to its previous generation, and backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and 3.0, the much improved USB 3.1 protocol is available over the new reversible USB Type-C and the traditional USB Standard-A connector for better compatibility over a wider range of devices.
Connecting the Future - USB Type-C:
Reversible USB Type-C with USB 3.1
The USB Type-C is a new reversible connector that is loaded with useful features such as USB 3.1 support for 10Gb/s transfer speed. Powered by the Intel USB 3.1 controller, this little port provides the best USB Type-C experience possible.
GIGABYTE AMP-UP Audio Technology
GIGABYTE motherboard is equipped with the GIGABYTE exclusive AMP-UP Audio Technology, which provides the industry's highest level of onboard audio features and technologies. With GIGABYTE AMP-UP Audio, gamers and audiophiles are able to experience crisp, ultra-realistic sound effects while gaming, and the richest possible sound experience when listening to their favorite music and movies.
Creative Sound Core3D Quad-Core Audio Processor
Combining world's first Quad-Core Creative Sound Core3D Audio Processor Plus Advanced Creative SBX PROSTUDIO Audio Suite.
• Harnessing the power of a Dedicated Audio Processor to offload workload from CPU
• Total solution from Creative (Hardware +Software)
• Richer overall audio experience
Creative SBX Pro Studio Audio Suite
SBX Pro Studio suite of audio playback technologies deliver a new level of audio immersion. Realistic surround sound, the ability to clearly hear specific sounds in a gaming environment are just a few elements of SBX Pro Studio that enhances the overall experience, be it movies, games or music.
GIGABYTE Exclusive : Upgradable OP-AMP
• Users can choose audio quality based on individual listening preferences.
• Wide availability of additional OP-AMPs.
• Low Cost way to dramatically improve audio quality
• Improve audio dynamics and overall sound-quality with little cost.
• No need for expensive speakers or high-end audio equipment.
• Exclusive onboard 'Gain Boost' selector switches
• Select either standard 2.5x or high-amplification 6x mode.
• 6x mode is ideal for high impedance speakers and headphones
High End Audio Capacitors
GIGABYTE G1 Gaming motherboards use high end, Japanese branded Nichicon audio capacitors. These professional audio capacitors deliver the highest quality sound resolution and sound expansion to create the most realistic sound effects for professional gamers.
Clean, low-noise power for your Digital-to-Analog Audio converter
GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP provides clean, noise-free power delivery to your Digital-to-Analog Converter. DACs can be sensitive to fluctuations in power from the other USB ports, which is why GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP takes advantage of an isolated power source that minimizes potential fluctuations and ensures the best audio experience possible.
HDMI 2.0 for 4K/60P/21:9/HDCP 2.2 Support
HDMI 2.0, which is backwards compatible with HDMI 1.4, offers 18 Gb/s of bandwidth – nearly twice that of the previous generation. This unlocks the potential for users to transfer multiple video streams, as well as a native cinematic 21:9 ratio (which most movies are shot in), offering the best visual experience for viewers.
Killer E2400 Gaming Network / Intel Gigabit LAN
Killer E2400 is a high-performance, adaptive gigabit Ethernet controller that offers better online gaming and media performance compared to standard solutions.
Intel Gigabit LAN networking, a popular choice with gamers, delivers several performance-enhancing features such as advanced interrupt handling to help reduce CPU overhead and Jumbo Frame support for extra large data packets.
2-Way SLI/3-Way CrossFire Multi-Graphics
Multi-graphics configuration offers better graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
Industry Leading Ultra Durable PCIe Metal Shielding
The innovative one piece stainless steel shielding design from GIGABYTE reinforces the PCIe connectors to provide the extra strength required to support heavy graphics cards.
Dual PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2
With two PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 connectors onboard, GIGABYTE brings to the user PCI-Express connectivity for SSD devices. Delivering up to 32 Gb/s data transfer speed per connector, the dual M.2 provides an ideal storage solution as it also supports RAID modes.
Built-in Advanced Performance Tuning IC
Thanks to the onboard TURBO B-Clock Tuning IC, GIGABYTE Motherboards enable Overclockers to have the ability to change their BCLK Frequency to a desired value of their choice. With the new linear range adjustment option of the Tuning IC, ranges from 90MHz to 500MHz are now possible, so that overclockers are not limited to the 5% ranges of traditional straps.
Next Generation SATA Express
SATA Express combines the benefits of PCI Express and SATA to provide much higher bandwidth, featuring data transfer rates of up to 16Gb/s.
Long Lifespan Durable Black Solid Caps
GIGABYTE motherboards integrate the absolute best quality solid state capacitors that are rated to perform at maximum efficiency for extended periods, even in extreme performance configurations. With ultra-low ESR no matter how high the CPU load, this provides peace of mind for end users who want to push their system hard, yet demand absolute reliability and stability. These exclusive capacitors also come in customized jet black, exclusively on GIGABYTE motherboards.
GIGABYTE Q-Flash Plus allows users to update to the latest BIOS using a thumb drive without the CPU or Memory needing to be installed.
Updating your BIOS on your GIGABYTE motherboard can be done in a flash – even without memory or CPU onboard. Utilizing the EC Controller, the BIOS on your GIGABYTE Motherboard can now be updated through Q-Flash Plus even if your system is unable to boot. An LED next to the EC controller will notify you once the procedure is complete and you are ready to boot your system normally.
LED Trace Path with Multi-Color Choices
Personalize your next PC rig to your liking by selecting the color of your choice to illuminate the LED trace path lighting. A total of 7 colors are available to make your system appearance unique!
15u Gold Plated CPU Socket Design
GIGABYTE motherboards come equipped with a 15 micron thick gold plated CPU socket, which means that enthusiasts can enjoy absolute reliability and longevity for the CPU socket overtime, without having any concerns about corroded pins or bad contacts.
• Support for Intel Core i7 processors/Intel Core i5 processors/ Intel Core i3 processors/Intel Pentium processors/ Intel Celeron processors in the LGA1151 package
• L3 cache varies with CPU
• Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.
• Intel Z170 Express Chipset
• 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
• Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
• Dual channel memory architecture
• Support for DDR4 3866(O.C)/3733(O.C)/3666(O.C) /3600(O.C.) /3466(O.C.) /3400(O.C.) /3333(O.C.) /3300(O.C.) /3200(O.C.) /3000(O.C.) /2800(O.C.) /2666(O.C.) /2400(O.C.) /2133 MHz memory modules
• Support for ECC UDIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
• Support for non-ECC UDIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
• Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
• Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.
• Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel HD Graphics support:
• 1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz or 3840x2160@60 Hz
• Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version.
• Integrated Graphics Processor+MegaChips MCDP2800 chip:
• 1 x HDMI 2.0 port
• Requires the latest Intel Graphic Driver from GIGABYTE website.
• Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
• Creative Sound Core 3D chip
• 2 x TI Burr Brown OPA2134 operational amplifiers
• Support for Sound Blaster Recon3Di
• High Definition Audio
• Support for S/PDIF Out
• 1 x Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN1)
• 1 x Killer E2400 chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN2)
• Teaming is not supported.
• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
• For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
• The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
• The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the M2H_32G connector. The PCIEX4 slot will become unavailable when an SSD is installed in the M2H_32G connector.
• 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
• (All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
• Support for 3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire and 2-Way NVIDIA SLI Technology
• 2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
• 3 x SATA Express connectors
• 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0~5)
• Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
• Refer to "1-10 Internal Connectors," for the supported configurations with the M.2, SATA Express, and SATA connectors.
• ASMedia ASM1061 chip:
• 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 6~7), supporting AHCI mode only
• 5 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
• 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
• Chipset+Renesas USB 3.0 Hub:
• 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
• Chipset+Intel USB 3.1 Controller:
• 1 x USB Type-C port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 support
• 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
Internal I/O Connectors:
• 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
• 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
• 1 x I/O shield audio LED power connector
• 2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
• 3 x SATA Express connectors
• 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
• 1 x CPU fan header
• 1 x water cooling fan header (CPU_OPT)
• 3 x system fan headers
• 1 x front panel header
• 1 x front panel audio header
• 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 headers
• 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
• 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
• 1 x serial port header
• 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
• 1 x power button
• 1 x reset button
• 1 x Clear CMOS button
• 1 x ECO button
• 1 x OC button
• 2 x audio gain control switches
• 2 x BIOS switches
• Voltage Measurement Points
Back Panel Connectors:
• 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
• 1 x DisplayPort
• 1 x HDMI port
• 1 x USB Type-C port, with USB 3.1 support
• 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red)
• 5 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
• 2 x RJ-45 ports
• 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
• 5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In/Mic In, Line Out, Headphone)
We are an Authorised Reseller of Gigabyte Computer Hardware.