Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 LGA 1151 Intel Z170 Skylake Micro ATX Motherboard
• Supports 6th Generation Intel Core Processor
• Dual Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs
• Intel USB 3.1 with USB Type-C - The World's Next Universal Connector
• 3-Way Graphics Support with Exclusive Ultra Durable Metal Shielding over the PCIe Slots
• PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 Connector with up to 32Gb/s Data Transfer (PCIe NVMe & SATA SSD support)
• 3 SATA Express Connectors for up to 16Gb/s Data Transfer
• 115dB SNR HD Audio with Built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
• Killer E2200 Gaming Networks
• High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
• APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
• GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS Technology
Extreme Intel USB 3.1 Controller
USB-IF's World's 1st USB 3.1 Certified Controller
The Intel USB 3.1 controller utilizes 2 PCIe Gen3 lanes, offering 16 Gb/s of total bandwidth, for uncompromised transfer speeds of up to 10 Gb/s per USB 3.1. With twice the bandwidth compared to its previous generation, and backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and 3.0, the much improved USB 3.1 protocol is available over the new reversible USB Type-C and the traditional USB Standard-A connector for better compatibility over a wider range of devices.
Connecting the Future - USB Type-C:
Reversible USB Type-C with USB 3.1
The USB Type-C is a new reversible connector that is loaded with useful features such as USB 3.1 support for 10Gb/s transfer speed. Powered by the Intel USB 3.1 controller, this little port provides the best USB Type-C experience possible.
Realtek ALC1150 115dB SNR HD Audio:
The ALC1150 is a high-performance multi-channel High Definition Audio Codec that delivers an exceptional audio listening experience with up to 115dB SNR, ensuring users get the best possible audio quality from their PC.
The ALC1150 provides ten DAC channels that simultaneously support 7.1-channel sound playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs. Two stereo ADCs are integrated and can support a microphone array with Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beam Forming (BF), and Noise Suppression (NS) technologies. The ALC1150 incorporates Realtek proprietary converter technology to achieve Front differential output 115dB Signal-to-Noise ratio (SNR) playback (DAC) quality and 104dB SNR recording (ADC) quality.
Additional Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3
GIGABYTE G1 Gaming motherboards also include Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 software suite. Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 software suite is a powerful audio platform offering premium audio quality, effects and features for gamers. It features SBX Pro Studio suite of technologies, which is designed to give you the fullest audio experience.
GIGABYTE Exclusive : Upgradable OP-AMP
• Users can choose audio quality based on individual listening preferences.
• Wide availability of additional OP-AMPs.
• Low Cost way to dramatically improve audio quality
• Improve audio dynamics and overall sound-quality with little cost.
• No need for expensive speakers or high-end audio equipment.
• Exclusive onboard 'Gain Boost' selector switches
• Select either standard 2.5x or high-amplification 6x mode.
• 6x mode is ideal for high impedance speakers and headphones
High End Audio Capacitors
GIGABYTE G1 Gaming motherboards use high end, Japanese branded Nichicon audio capacitors. These professional audio capacitors deliver the highest quality sound resolution and sound expansion to create the most realistic sound effects for professional gamers.
Clean, low-noise power for your Digital-to-Analog Audio converter
GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP provides clean, noise-free power delivery to your Digital-to-Analog Converter. DACs can be sensitive to fluctuations in power from the other USB ports, which is why GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP takes advantage of an isolated power source that minimizes potential fluctuations and ensures the best audio experience possible.
Killer E2200 Gaming Network
GIGABYTE G1 Gaming motherboards feature the Killer E2200 from Qualcomm Atheros, a high-performance, adaptive gigabit Ethernet controller that offers better online gaming and online media performance compared to standard solutions.
2-Way SLI/3-Way CrossFire Multi-Graphics
Multi-graphics configuration offers better graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
GIGABYTE motherboards feature LED lighting for the audio guard path, providing a cool, custom look to your rig. Not only does the Audio Noise Guard protect the board's sensitive analog audio components, but its LEDs can also be programed to beat at the rhythm of the music you are listening to, or pulse at a soothing pace to create a great atmosphere to enhance the environment of your game, movie or music.
Industry Leading Ultra Durable PCIe Metal Shielding
The innovative one piece stainless steel shielding design from GIGABYTE reinforces the PCIe connectors to provide the extra strength required to support heavy graphics cards.
PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2
With PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 connectors onboard, GIGABYTE brings to the user PCI-Express connectivity for SSD devices. The M.2 provides an ideal storage solution as it deliver up to 32 Gb/s data transfer speed.
Built-in Advanced Performance Tuning IC
Thanks to the onboard TURBO B-Clock Tuning IC, GIGABYTE Motherboards enable Overclockers to have the ability to change their BCLK Frequency to a desired value of their choice. With the new linear range adjustment option of the Tuning IC, ranges from 90MHz to 500MHz are now possible, so that overclockers are not limited to the 5% ranges of traditional straps.
Next Generation SATA Express
SATA Express combines the benefits of PCI Express and SATA to provide much higher bandwidth, featuring data transfer rates of up to 16Gb/s.
15u Gold Plated CPU Socket Design
GIGABYTE motherboards come equipped with a 15 micron thick gold plated CPU socket, which means that enthusiasts can enjoy absolute reliability and longevity for the CPU socket overtime, without having any concerns about corroded pins or bad contacts.
• Support for Intel Core i7 processors/Intel Core i5 processors/ Intel Core i3 processors/Intel Pentium processors/ Intel Celeron processors in the LGA1151 package
• L3 cache varies with CPU
• Please refer http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/ for CPU support list.
• Intel Z170 Express Chipset
• 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
• Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
• Dual channel memory architecture
• Support for DDR4 3466(O.C.) /3400(O.C.) /3333(O.C.) /3300(O.C.) /3200(O.C.) /3000(O.C.) /2800(O.C.) /2666(O.C.) /2400(O.C.) /2133 MHz memory modules
• Support for ECC UDIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
• Support for non-ECC UDIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
• Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
• Please refer http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/ for Memory support list.
• Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel HD Graphics support
• 1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
• 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
• The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
• 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
• Support for HDMI 1.4 version.
• Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
• Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
• Realtek ALC1150 codec
• TI Burr Brown OPA2134 operational amplifier
• Support for Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3
• High Definition Audio
• Support for S/PDIF Out
• Killer E2201 LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
• For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
• The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
• 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
• (All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
• Support for 3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire and 2-Way NVIDIA SLI Technology
• 1 x M.2 Socket 3 connector
• 3 x SATA Express connectors
• 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
• Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
• Refer to "1-9 Internal Connectors," for the supported configurations with the M.2, SATA Express, and SATA connectors.
• 7 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (3 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
• 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
• Chipset+Intel USB 3.1 Controller:
• 1 x USB Type-C port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 support
• 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
Internal I/O Connectors:
• 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
• 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
• 1 x M.2 Socket 3 connector
• 3 x SATA Express connectors
• 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
• 1 x CPU fan header
• 1 x water cooling fan header (CPU_OPT)
• 3 x system fan headers
• 1 x front panel header
• 1 x front panel audio header
• 1 x S/PDIF Out header
• 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 headers
• 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
• 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
• 1 x Thunderbolt add-in card connector
• 1 x serial port header
• 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
• 1 x audio gain control switch
Back Panel Connectors:
• 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
• 1 x D-Sub port
• 1 x DVI-D port
• 1 x HDMI port
• 1 x USB Type-C port, with USB 3.1 support
• 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red)
• 3 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
• 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
• 1 x RJ-45 port
• 5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
We are an Authorised Reseller of Gigabyte Computer Hardware.