Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming 5P Intel Socket LGA2011-3 EATX Motherboard
• Supports New Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition
• Support for DDR4 XMP up to 3333MHz
• Genuine All Digital Power Design with IR Digital PWM & IR PowIRstage ICs
• 4-Way Graphics with Premium PCIe Lane
• Dual M.2 Technology for SSD Drive and WIFI card
• Gold Plating for CPU socket, Memory DIMMs and PCIe slots
• Onboard Creative Sound Core3D quad-core audio processor
• AMP-UP Audio technology with exclusive Upgradable OP-AMP
• Independent Right and Left Audio Channel PCB Layers
• LED lighting for the audio guard light path and the back panel LED
• Quad DAC-UP USB ports
• Gold plated audio ports
• High end Nichicon audio capacitors
• Killer E2200 gaming networking
• SATA Express support for 10 Gb/s data transfer
• Long lifespan Durable Black Solid caps
• APP Center including EasyTune and Cloud Station utilities
• Thunderbolt Ready
• GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS with Q-Flash Plus USB port
Support for DDR4 XMP up to 3333MHz
DDR4 memory modules are available at a stock frequency of 2133MHz, but memory vendors encode XMP profiles which can automatically modify the frequency and timings of the supported memory modules to work in par with your CPU. With the X99 Champion Series, GIGABYTE is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility with profiles up to 3333MHz.
What is XMP?
The synchronization of the memory modules with the CPU is crucial for good performance of your system. DDR4 memory modules are available at a stock frequency of 2133MHz, but as frequency tweaking requires a considerable amount of effort and knowledge, memory vendors encode XMP profiles which can automatically modify the timings of the supported memory modules to work with your CPU and to achieve increased performance.
Genuine All Digital Power Design
GIGABYTE X99 series motherboards use an all digital CPU power design from International Rectifier which includes both 4th Generation digital PWM Controllers and industry-leading 3rd Generation PowIRstage controllers. These 100% digital controllers offer incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboard’s most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components, allowing enthusiasts to get the absolute maximum performance from their new Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition CPUs.
IR Digital PWM & IR PowIRstage ICs
This new generation of IR digital power controllers and PowIRstage ICs feature Isense technology, which provide more precise current sensing accuracy. This helps evenly distribute the thermal loading between the PowerIRstage ICs, preventing the overheating of each individual PowerIRstage, resulting in longer lifespan and better reliability.
Server Level Chokes by Cooper Bussmann
GIGABYTE X99 series motherboards feature Server Level Cooper Bussmann Chokes.
• Server level reliability
• High current capacity
• New design reduces heat created by power loss and provides efficient power delivery to CPU VRM area.
Long Lifespan Durable Black Solid Caps
GIGABYTE X99 series motherboards integrate the absolute best quality solid state capacitors that are rated to perform at maximum efficiency for extended periods, even in extreme performance configurations. This provides peace of mind for end users who want to push their system hard, yet demand absolute reliability and stability, with ultra-low ESR no matter how high the CPU loading.
Single Package Design
IR has leveraged it's world class packaging technology developed for the DirectFET, improving the thermal capability and layout of the PowIRstage significantly over that of other MCM packages.
3-Way / 4-Way Graphics with Premium PCIe x16 Lane Up to 320Gb/s Bandwidth
GIGABYTE X99 motherboards feature a unique PCI Express design that utilizes 100% of all 40 lanes from the CPU when in a 4-Way or 3-Way graphics configuration. Standard designs limit all 4 main PCIe lanes to x8 (64Gb/s) bandwidth, but thanks to the onboard external clock generator combined with the direct connection of one of the x16 lanes to the CPU (switchless design), GIGABYTE X99 motherboards can unlock the full bandwidth available and provide the best graphics bandwidth possible to the user.
Dual M.2 Technology for SSD Drive and WIFI Card
GIGABYTE X99-Gaming 5 motherboard featuring Dual M.2 technology provides users PCI-Express connectivity for SSD devices and for 11AC WIFI + Bluetooth 4.0 card. Delivering up to 10 Gb/s data transfer speeds, M.2 offers considerably faster storage performance than current mSATA and even SATA Revision 3 (6Gb/s) storage devices. GIGABYTE’s stacked design optimizes the PCB real-estate usage, allowing more components to be efficiently added without compromising any space.
Next Generation SATA Express Connector
GIGABYTE X99 series motherboards feature an onboard SATA Express connector which provides performance far superior to that of current SATA technologies. SATA Express features data transfer rates of up to 10Gb/s, considerably higher than SATA Revision 3 (6Gb/s), which won’t bottleneck faster NAND flash technologies in cutting edge SSDs. SATA Express combines the benefits of PCI-Express and SATA to provide much higher bandwidth, allowing SATA Express based drives to perform at similar speeds as PCI-Express based drives.
Creative Sound Core3D Quad-Core Audio Processor
Combining world’s first Quad-Core Creative Sound Core3D Audio Processor Plus Advanced Creative SBX PROSTUDIO Audio Suite.
• Harnessing the power of a Dedicated Audio Processor to offload workload from CPU
• Total solution from Creative (Hardware +Software)
• Richer overall audio experience
Creative SBX Pro Studio Audio Suite
SBX Pro Studio suite of audio playback technologies deliver a new level of audio immersion. Realistic surround sound, the ability to clearly hear specific sounds in a gaming environment are just a few elements of SBX Pro Studio that enhances the overall experience, be it movies, games or music.
Select GIGABYTE X99 series motherboards feature the Killer E2200 from Qualcomm Atheros, a high-performance, adaptive gigabit Ethernet controller that offers better online gaming and online media performance compared to standard solutions. The Killer E2200 features Advanced Stream Detect technology, which identifies and prioritizes all network traffic to ensure important applications that require high-speed connectivity are prioritized over less important traffic.
All New Heat Sink with LED Design
GIGABYTE X99 series motherboards feature new heat sink designs that offer uncompromisingly efficient cooling on key areas of the motherboard including the PWM area and chipset (PCH). GIGABYTE X99 Series motherboards offer cooling support of the crucial PWM area so even the most aggressive and extreme configurations will be kept well within optimal thermal parameters.
GIGABYTE X99 motherboards feature LED lighting for the audio guard light path and the back panel LED, providing a cool, custom look to your rig. These lights are now programmable, so you can have them beat to the rhythm of the music you are listening to, or pulse at a soothing pace to create a great atmosphere to enhance the environment of your game, movie or music.
Long Lifespan Durable Black Solid Caps
GIGABYTE X99 series motherboards integrate the absolute best quality solid state capacitors that are rated to perform at maximum efficiency for extended periods, even in extreme performance configurations. This provides peace of mind for end users who want to push their system hard, yet demand absolute reliability and stability. With ultra-low ESR no matter how high the CPU loading, these exclusive capacitors also come in customized jet black, exclusively on GIGABYTE X99 series motherboards.
Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition CPUs(Haswell-E)
Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition Processors are Intel’s first 8 core desktop CPUs and is the first to support DDR4 memory. These next generation 22nm CPUs delivers greater performance and energy efficiency as well as the industry's highest level of discrete graphics performance by sporting 40 PCIe Gen.3 lanes, which GIGABYTE X99 motherboards are able to take full advantage of, delivering bandwidth totaling 320 Gb/s for the most demanding gamers or graphics intensive creation tasks such as video editing. On top of that, Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition CPUs deliver 8 core (16 threaded) multitask processing, higher frequencies, as well as larger cache size.
Additionally, GIGABYTE X99 users can draw even more performance out of their Extreme Edition CPUs, as they are fully unlocked for overclocking. With enhanced overclocking oriented options available on all GIGABYTE X99 series motherboards, users will be able to take full advantage of all the performance potential of Intel Extreme Edition CPUs.
4 Channel DDR4
The next generation of DRAM is here with DDR4. Featuring stock frequencies starting at 2133 MHz, DDR4 delivers up to 20% less energy consumption and twice as much density as the previous generation DDR3. DDR4 can help GIGABYTE X99 users to load their programs faster, increase responsiveness of their system and help them to handle heavy data tasks in a flash. GIGABYTE X99 motherboards provide 4 Channel DDR4 memory support across the entire range, bringing exceptionally fast memory access.
GIGABYTE Game Controller allows you to define your own hotkeys and change the mouse sensitivity, helping you make the most out of your keyboard and mouse in games.
• Support for Intel Core i7 processors in the LGA2011-3 package
• L3 cache varies with CPU
• (Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
• Intel X99 Express Chipset
• 8 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
• Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
• 4 channel memory architecture
• Support for DDR4 2133/1866/1600/1333 MHz memory modules
• Support for non-ECC memory modules
• Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
• Support for RDIMM 1Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
• (Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
• Creative Sound Core 3D chip
• Support for Sound Blaster Recon3Di
• TI Burr Brown OPA2134 operational amplifier
• High Definition Audio
• Support for S/PDIF Out
• Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2201 LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
• 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIE_1/PCIE_2)
• For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIE_1 slot; if you are installing two PCI Express graphics cards, it is recommended that you install them in the PCIE_1 and PCIE_2 slots.
• 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x8 (PCIE_3/PCIE_4)
• The PCIE_4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIE_1 slot. When the PCIE_4 slot is populated, the PCIE_1 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
• When an i7-5820K CPU is installed, the PCIE_2 slot operates at up to x8 mode and the PCIE_3 operates at up to x4 mode.
• (All PCI Express x16 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
• 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
• (The PCI Express x1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
• 1 x M.2 Socket 1 connector for the wireless communication module (M2_WIFI)
• Support for 4-Way/3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire/NVIDIA SLI technology
• The 4-Way NVIDIA SLI configuration is not supported when an i7-5820K CPU is installed. To set up a 3-Way SLI configuration, refer to "1-6 Setting up AMD CrossFire/NVIDIA SLI Configuration.
• 1 x M.2 Socket 3 connector (M2_10G)
• 1 x SATA Express connector
• 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0~5)
• Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
• Only AHCI mode is supported when an M.2 PCIe SSD or a SATA Express device is installed.
• (M2_10G, SATA Express, and SATA3 4/5 connectors can only be used one at a time. The SATA3 4/5 connectors will become unavailable when an M.2 SSD is installed in the M2_10G connector.)
• 4 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (sSATA3 0~3), supporting IDE and AHCI modes only
• (An operating system installed on the SATA3 0~5 connectors cannot be used on the sSATA3 0~3 connectors.)
• 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
• 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
• Chipset + Renesas uPD720210 USB 3.0 Hub:
• 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
Internal I/O Connectors:
• 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
• 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
• 1 x PCIe power connector
• 1 x I/O shield audio LED power connector
• 1 x heatsink LED power connector
• 1 x M.2 Socket 3 connector
• 1 x SATA Express connector
• 10 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
• 1 x CPU fan header
• 1 x water cooling fan header (CPU_OPT)
• 3 x system fan headers
• 1 x front panel header
• 1 x front panel audio header
• 1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
• 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
• 1 x Thunderbolt add-in card connector
• 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
• 1 x audio gain control switch
Back Panel Connectors:
• 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
• 1 x PS/2 mouse port
• 6 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
• 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
• 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
• 1 x RJ-45 port
• 5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In/Mic In, Line Out, Headphone)
• 2 x Wi-Fi antenna connector holes
We are an Authorised Reseller of Gigabyte Computer Hardware.