Gigabyte Designare EX Intel X99 Socket LGA2011-3 Motherboard
• Intel Thunderbolt 3 Certified X99 Motherboard
• Supports Intel Core i7 6950X Processor Extreme Edition
• Support Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
• Quad Channel, Registered / Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs
• Intel USB 3.1 with USB Type-C & PD 2.0 36W Support
• Premium 3-Way PCIe x16 Multi-Graphics Support
• NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 22110 M.2 Interface & U.2 Interface for Intel SSD 750
• SATA Express Connector for Up to 10Gb/s Data Transfer
• Dual Intel GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
• 115dB SNR HD Audio with Built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
• Ambient Surround LED with RGB Multi-Color Choices
• Ultra Durable Metal Shielding over PCIe and DDR Slots
• Ultra Durable Anti-Sulfur Resistors for Longer Lifespan
• Ultra Durable Anti-Rust Rear I/O Connectors
• Dual Hybrid Fan Headers with Precise PWM / Voltage Control for Water Pump & Fan
• GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS with Q-Flash Plus USB ports
• APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
• Intel 802.11ac Dual Band Wireless Connection & Bluetooth 4.2
• Rear Panel DisplayPort-In for Future Feature Upgrade
Next Generation 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3
The GIGABYTE GA-X99-Designare EX motherboard is a X99 Refresh motherboard to be certified to support Thunderbolt 3. This gives enthusiasts that need the tried-and-true horsepower and reliability of the X99 chipset access to the world’s fastest connectivity protocol. Powered by Intel’s own Thunderbolt 3 controller, the new Thunderbolt 3 protocol is available over a USB Type-C connector on the back I/O of select GIGABYTE motherboard including the X99-Designare EX. Bringing an unprecedented single-wire bandwidth of up to 40 Gb/s -- twice more than the previous generation!
Daisy-chain Multiple Devices
With a single wire, users can now daisy-chain up to 6 devices via Thunderbolt 3, including a monitor with all the GPU power from the discrete graphics card to display high frame rate games at max settings or render 3D models in a flash.
Set the Color that Matches Your Style
Now offering more LED customizations than ever, users can truly adapt their PC to represent their lifestyle. With full RGB support and a redesigned Ambient LED application, the user has complete control over the LEDs which surround the motherboard.
VR requires more performance than Full HD graphics for a steady 60FPS or greater.
Only Gaming PCs can provide the best VR experience.
To create a seamless VR experience GIGABYTE Motherboards offer the best features to make your virtual reality feel like your actual reality.
With technologies such as NVMe support via M.2 or U.2 and a one piece metal shielding to brace for heavier discrete graphics cards its obvious that GIGABYTE has the tools you need to start your journey in VR. To set the mood GIGABYTE Motherboards include Ambient Surround LED to put you in the center of action.
• Support for Intel Core i7 processors in the LGA2011-3 package
• L3 cache varies with CPU
• Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.
• Intel X99 Express Chipset
• 8 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB of system memory
• Support for up to 256 GB of system memory when using Registered DIMMs.
• Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
• 4 channel memory architecture
• Support for DDR4 3600(OC) / 3400(OC) / 3333(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2800(O.C.) / 2666(O.C.) / 2400(O.C.) / 2133 MHz memory modules
• Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
• Support for Registered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx4/2Rx4 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
• Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
• Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.
• Realtek ALC1150 codec
• High Definition Audio
• Support for S/PDIF Out
Wireless Communication module
• Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band
• Bluetooth 4.2, 4.1, BLE, 4.0, 3.0, 2.1+EDR
• Support for 11ac wireless standard and up to 867 Mbps data rate
• Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
• 2 x Intel GbE LAN chips (10/100/1000 Mbit)
• Support for Teaming
• 3 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1~3)
• The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16_1 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16_1 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
• The U2_32G_2 connector shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16_2 slot. When the U2_32G_2 connector is populated, the PCIEX16_2 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
• The M2_32G connector shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16_3 slot. When the M2_32G connector is populated, the PCIEX16_3 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
• The PCIEX16 and PCIEX8 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.
• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
• The SATA_EXPRESS connector shares bandwidth with the PCIEX4 slot. When the SATA_EXPRESS connector is populated, the PCIEX4 slot operates at up to x2 mode.
• 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
• The PCIEX4 and PCIEX1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.
• 1 x M.2 Socket 1 connector for the wireless communication module (M2_WIFI)
• Multi-Graphics Technology
• Support for NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI and 3-Way/2-Way NVIDIA SLI technologies
• Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX and 3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire technologies
• 1 x SATA Express connector
• 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0~5), supporting RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
• 4 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (sSATA3 0~3), supporting IDE and AHCI modes only
• An operating system installed on the SATA3 0~5 ports cannot be used on the sSATA 0~3 ports.
• 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 PCIe x4/x2 SSD support)
• 2 x U.2 connectors
• When an i7-5820K or i7-6800K CPU is installed, the U2_32G_1 connector becomes unavailable.
• Chipset + Intel Thunderbolt 3 Controller:
• 1 x USB Type-C port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 support
• 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
• Chipset + Renesas USB 3.0 Hubs:
• 8 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
• 1 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
• 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers
Internal I/O Connectors:
• 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
• 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
• 1 x M.2 Socket 3 connector
• 2 x U.2 connectors
• 1 x SATA Express connector
• 10 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
• 1 x CPU fan header
• 1 x water cooling fan/water cooling pump header (CPU_OPT_PUMP)
• 2 x system fan headers
• 1 x system fan/water cooling pump header (SYS_FAN3_PUMP)
• 1 x front panel header
• 1 x front panel audio header
• 1 x S/PDIF Out header
• 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 headers
• 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
• 1 x Thunderbolt add-in card connector
• 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
• 1 x RGB LED strip extension cable header
• 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
Back Panel Connectors:
• 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
• 1 x DisplayPort In port
• 2 x SMA antenna connectors (2T2R)
• 1 x USB Type-C port, with USB 3.1 support
• 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red)
• 5 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
• 2 x RJ-45 ports
• 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
• 5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
We are an Authorised Reseller of Gigabyte Computer Hardware.