Gigabyte AMD A88X Socket FM2+ Motherboard
• Socket FM2+ supports AMD FM2+/FM2 A-series APU
• GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 Plus Technology
• GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS
• 2-way CrossFire Support
• GIGABYTE On/Off Charge for USB devices
• HDMI, Dual-link DVI, D-sub ports for Triple-Monitor support
• High ESD Protection on GbE LAN and USB ports
• All solid capacitors design
GIGABYTE FM2+ Series Motherboards
GIGABYTE FM2+ series motherboards based on AMD A88X chipset and feature the new FM2+ APU socket, and are designed to get the most from forthcoming Kaveri AMD APUs, while preserving compatibility for current AMD FM2 APUs. FM2+ AMD APUs offer native support for 8 GT/s PCI Express gen 3.0 as well as DX11.1 support integrating the high performance ‘Steamroller’ core. AMD socket FM2+ APUs also offer native support for 4K resolution displays on HDMI port.
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 Plus
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 Plus debuts on GIGABYTE motherboards, with a range of features and component choices that provide record-breaking performance, cool and efficient operation and extended motherboard lifespan.
GIGABYTE uses All Solid Caps (Capacitors) and Low RDS(on) MOSFETs which are rated to work at higher temperatures to provide a longer lifespan.
GIGABYTE motherboards feature GIGABYTE DualBIOS, an exclusive technology from GIGABYTE that protects arguably one of your PC's most crucial components, the BIOS. GIGABYTE DualBIOS means that your motherboard has both a 'Main BIOS' and a 'Backup BIOS', making users protected from BIOS failure due to virus attack, hardware malfunction, improper OC settings or power failure during the update process.
Humidity can play havoc on a motherboard's circuitry.GIGABYTE's new Glass Fabric PCB design helps protect against electrical shorts due to humidity by reducing the gaps in spacing between PCB filaments.
Power Failure Protection
GIGABYTE also uses Anti-Surge ICs to protect the motherboard against power surges.
• FM2+ Socket: AMD A series processors, AMD Athlon series processors
• Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.
• Chipset: AMD A88X
• 2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
• Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
• The maximum 64 GB of system memory can be supported using 16 GB (or above) memory modules. GIGABYTE will update the memory support list on the official website when the memory modules are available on the market.
• Dual channel memory architecture
• Support for DDR3 2400(OC)/2133/1866/1600/1333 MHz memory modules
• Support for AMD Memory Profile (AMP)/Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
• Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.
• APU with integrated AMD Radeon HD 8000/7000 series graphics:
• To use the onboard graphics ports, you must install an AMD APU with integrated graphics.
• 1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
• 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 2560x1600
• Support for 2560x1600 resolution requires both a monitor and cable that support Dual Link DVI.
• The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
• 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160
• The resolution of 4096x2160 can be supported when using an FM2+ APU; the maximum resolution supported is 1920x1200 when using an FM2 APU.
• Support for HDMI 1.4a version.
• Maximum shared memory of 2 GB
• Realtek ALC887 codec
• High Definition Audio
• To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
• Support for S/PDIF Out
• Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
• For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
• The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 3.0 standard.
• To support PCI Express 3.0, you must install an FM2+ APU.
• 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
• 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
• The PCIEX4 and PCI Express x1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.
• 1 x PCI slot
• Support for AMD CrossFire technology
• Support for AMD Dual Graphics technology
• Only A series APUs support AMD Dual Graphics.
• 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
• Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, and JBOD
• 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
• 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Internal I/O Connectors:
• 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
• 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
• 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
• 1 x APU fan header
• 1 x system fan header
• 1 x front panel header
• 1 x front panel audio header
• 1 x S/PDIF Out header
• 1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
• 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
• 1 x serial port header
• 1 x parallel port header
• 1 x chassis intrusion header
• 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
Back Panel Connectors:
• 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
• 1 x D-Sub port
• 1 x DVI-D port
• 1 x HDMI port
• 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
• 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
• 1 x RJ-45 port
• 3 x audio jacks (Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
We are an Authorised Reseller of Gigabyte Computer Hardware.