Edimax ES-5424P Long Range 24-Port Fast Ethernet PoE+ Web Smart Managed Switch with 4 Gigabit RJ45/SFP Combo Ports
The long range mode provides extended power and data delivery distance to up to 200 meters while general Ethernet switches have a distance restriction of 100 meters. The long range mode operates on a per-port basis at 10Mbps full-duplex operation, ideal for devices such as IP cameras, IP phones and PoE-enabled IoT devices at a remote location.
802.3at PoE with Auto Detection & Power Backfeed Protection:
The ES-5424P features 24 IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+) ports which supply up to 30W of electricity per port and has a total power budget of 280W to power any 802.3at or 802.3af compliant power device. With PoE detection capability, the ES-5424P is able to verify whether the connected device is IEEE 802.3at or 802.3af compliant. If a PoE device is not detected, only network data will be transmitted. Moreover, with the PoE power backfeed protection from the PoE injectors, the ES-5424P is able to avoid damaging the PoE ports.
PoE for Easy Installation and Better Cost Efficiency:
Power over Ethernet technology enables the Ethernet cable to carry both data and power, reducing cable installation and eliminating the need for extension cords or electrical outlets on the walls and ceiling. The ES-5424P can effectively lower installation costs and simplify deployment effort. The ES-5424P can be used with different PoE products such as access points, IP cameras or VoIP devices and is an effective solution for network environments where power outlets are difficult to access.
PoE Powered Device Alive Check:
Featuring PoE Powered Device (PD) alive check, the switch can be configured to monitor the real-time status of connected PDs by ping action (sending alive-checking packets). If a PD fails to respond, the ES-5424P PoE Switch will reboot the PD, which enhances the reliability of the network and reduces administrator management burden.
The network security feature of DHCP snooping enables the prevention of malicious or malformed DHCP traffic or the mitigation of security risks from rogue DHCP servers. The function monitors DHCP messages received from untrusted devices connected to a switching device in the network and protects the integrity of legitimate DHCP server and its operations.
Smart Tools for Improved Network Efficiency and Security:
The switch features smart and simple network monitoring tools that allow for improved network efficiency and security. The web-based interface management features include QoS (Quality of Service) bandwidth control for better traffic control, VLAN (Virtual LAN) for enhanced network security and multicast IGMP snooping v1/v2/v3 for streaming applications. For quick and easy setup, the web-based management integrates advanced management and security functions of Access Control List (ACL), CoS, STP, IPv4/IPv6, Port Trunk, IGMP v1/v2/v3 Snooping, and Mirror.
• Switching Capacity: 12.8Gbps
• MAC Address: 16K
• Buffer Memory: 1M bit
• Jumbo Frames: 16KB
• Filtering / Forwarding Rates: 1000Mbps port – 1,488,000pps, 100Mbps port - 148,800pps, 10Mbps port - 14,880pps
Power over Ethernet:
• Standard: IEEE 802.3af (PoE), IEEE 802.3at (PoE+)
• Power Output: Up to 30W per port
• Pin Assignment: 1/2(+), 3/6(-) End-Span (mode A)
• Available Power Budget: 240W
• Management: PoE status, PoE on/off, PoE PD alive check, per port priority setting
• Long Range: Enable long range mode at 10Mbps for cable distance up to 200 meters
• Backfeed Protection: Built-in
• Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 50 °C
• Storage Temperature: -40 ~ 70 °C
• Operating Humidity (Non-condensing): 10 ~ 90%
• Storage Humidity (Non-condensing): 10 ~ 90%
• Ports: 24 x RJ45 10/100Base-T Fast Ethernet ports, 4 x Gigabit RJ45/SFP combo ports
• Transmission Method: Store and forward
Buttons: Reset button
• LED Indicators: Per Port: Link/Act, PoE: Act/Status, Per Unit: Power
• Power Input: 100-240V AC, 50-60 Hz, internal power supply
• Total Power Budget: 280W
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 441 × 270 × 45 mm
• Weight: 3.53 kg
We are operational & shipping orders throughout all COVID alert levels. Couriers will provide a contactless delivery service. Please note our dispatch and delivery time frames may extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.