Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961 - Charcoal
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961 is an advanced professional media endpoint that delivers an enhanced user experience with an easy-to-use and eco-friendly ergonomic design. Highlights of the portfolio include introduction of higher-resolution (VGA) color displays, a USB port, Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, and High-definition (HD) voice support, enabling a more productive user experience for multimedia application engagement. Application support includes XML and MIDlet-enabled applications. The Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961 is an ideal solution for knowledge professionals, administrative managers, and executives.
Features & Benefits
• Ergonomic design:The phone offers a highly usable and intuitive arrangement of lines, features, and calls. Transfer, Conference and Hold appear on hard keys to reduce the number of presented softkeys to a maximum of 4 per call state.
• Customization: You can order this model in Arctic White or Charcoal Gray. Handsets are available internationally as slimline (140g) or standard (170g); you can mix and match them with other users within your work environment to enable a feeling of customization and ownership among your group.
• Display: The phone offers a VGA resolution display for presentation for calling and applications; a 5-inch (10-cm) graphical TFT color display; 24-bit color depth; and 640 x 480 effective pixel resolution with backlighting. The display also supports localization requiring double-byte Unicode encoding for fonts.
• Ethernet: An internal 2-port Cisco Ethernet switch allows for a direct connection to a 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network through an RJ-45 interface with single LAN connectivity for both the phone and a co-located PC. The system administrator can designate separate VLANs (802.1Q) for the PC and phone, providing improved security and reliability of voice and data traffic.
• USB: A USB port accelerates the usability of call handling and applications by enabling accessories such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone Color Key Expansion Module and wired headsets.
• Five programmable line/feature keys and five call session keys: The IP Phone 8961 offers five programmable line/feature keys and also provides 5 call session keys with the convenience of multiple appearances per line. This enables administrative staff to handle all activities of many sessions at the same time. Up to a maximum of 200 concurrent calls can be handled by the IP Phone 8961.
The phone has the following buttons:
• 5 programmable feature buttons with state-indicating LEDs
• 5 call-session buttons with state-indicating LEDs
• Applications, Directories, and Voicemail
• Conference, Transfer, and Hold
• Volume Up/Down,
• Back-lit Mute, Speakerphone, and Headset
• Back, End Call, and 5-Way Navigation Pad
• IP Color Key Expansion Module: Available separately, the IP Color Key Expansion Module enables advanced use of lines, speed dials, and features, providing 36 additional line/feature keys per module. One IP Color Key Expansion Module is supported on the IP Phone 8961.
• Headset support: RJ-9 and USB wired headsets are supported.
• New user experience: The phone offers advanced organization of lines, speed dials, and programmable features separate from call appearances. It is ideal for those who make a few calls per day, and better for those who handle dozens of calls per hour.
• Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling: SIP interoperation with the call-control and partner applications enables a rich unified communications solution.
• Application support: XML and MIDlet-enabled applications are provided by Cisco's application development partners or customers' own development staff.
Unified Communications Manager Support
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 7.1(3) or later
Phone licensing is dependent on the call-control platform and its policies. For the Cisco Unified Communications Manager, the Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961 requires four Device License Units (DLUs). There are no special license-plus-phone bundles for tier 2 distributors. The phone is not supported on third-party call-control systems.
• Protocols: SIP for signaling
• Connectivity: 10/100/1000 wired Ethernet network port plus switched PC port
• Language support: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (People's Republic of China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English-plus localized prompts for the UK, Estonian, French, Finnish, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish (Spain), Slovak, Swedish, Serbian (Republic of Serbia and Republic of Montenegro), Slovenian, Thai, and Turkish
• Physical dimensions: (H x W x D) 234 x 263 x 47 mm - In slab mode with the footstand removed.
• Power: IEEE Power over Ethernet 802.3af supported, class 3
• Operational Temperature: 0°C ~ 50°C
• Non-Operational Temperature Shock: -25°C ~ 70°C
• Temperature-Altitude (Operational): 40°C Ambient condition to 3,000 m
• Temperature-Altitude (Non-Operational): Ambient condition to 4,572 m
• Temperature-Humidity (Non-Operational): 90% ± 5% Relative Humidity
• Non-Operational Hot Temperature (Storage): 70°C ± 2° C
• Non-Operational Cold Temperature (Storage): -40°C ± 2° C
• Abbreviated dialing
• Adjustable ringing and volume levels
• Adjustable display brightness
• Application Launch Pad
• Auto-detection of headset
• Call forward
• Call history lists
• Call park
• Call pickup
• Call timer
• Call waiting
• Caller ID
• Corporate directory
• Direct transfer
• Extension mobility service
• Fast-dial service
• Group call pickup
• Immediate divert
• Last-number redial
• Malicious-caller ID
• Message-waiting indicator
• Meet-me conference
• Music on hold
• Network profiles (automatic)
• On- and off-network distinctive ringing
• Personal directory
• Predialing before sending
• Ring tone per line appearance
• Service URL
• Shared line
• Time and date display
• Voicemail (single button access)
Audio codec support
• G.711a, G.711u, G.729a, G.729ab, G.722, and Internet Low Bitrate Codec (iLBC) audio compression codecs
• Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) client or static configuration
• Support for online firmware upgrades using Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
• Domain Name System (DNS)
• Cisco Discovery Protocol
• Transparent secure roaming
• Provisioning of network parameters through DHCP
• Image authentication
• Device authentication
• File authentication
• Signaling authentication
• Media encryption using Secure Real-Time Transfer Protocol (SRTP)
• Signaling encryption using Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol
• Certificate authority proxy function (CAPF)
• Secure profiles
• Encrypted configuration files
Provisioning and manufacturing
• Web server for configuration and statistics
• Quality-of-service (QoS) reporting: Jitter, delay, dropped packets, and latency on a per-call basis
• Real-Time Control Protocol (RTCP) support and monitoring
For the latest information on our services during the current COVID-19 alert levels Click Here
We are a Cisco Select Partner. Contact us if you need help with your Cisco solution.
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.