Perfect for enthusiast photographers looking to get more involved in the photographic process, the EOS 70D’s groundbreaking Dual Pixel CMOS AF system delivers AF performance in Live View mode similar to shooting through the viewfinder, enabling faster AF acquisition, exceptional tracking performance and smooth AF during movie shooting. It also combines powerful creative features with wireless sharing functionality for a highly responsive, all-purpose camera.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF – world first
• It is a new image plane phase-difference detection AF that enables smooth, high-speed focusing with high performance tracking over a wide AF area during Live View shooting, as well as movie shooting. The newly developed CMOS sensor consists of pixels that each have two separate photodiodes. All effective pixels have both image, and phase-difference detection AF functions.
• Built-in Wifi enables a huge list of options. You can connect to a Smartphone using the EOS Remote App to wireless adjust settings and remotely control the camera to take images, wireless share images with other Wi-Fi capable Canon cameras, Connect to a smartphone to upload images directly to Facebook and print photos using wireless Pictbridge on selected Canon printers.
Fine tune images in camera
• Fine tune your images with in-camera editing options like HDR, multiple exposures and RAW processing. RAW images (excluding M-RAW and S-RAW) can be processed in-camera then saved as JPEG images. This lets you modify images without the need for a PC and perform post-processing operations like playback and direct printing.
• Imaging Sensor/Effective Pixels: CMOS / 20.2 MP
• Effective Sensor Size: Approx 22.5x 15.0 mm
• A/D Resolution Power: 14-bit
• Colour Filter Size: Primary Colours, APS-C
• 35mm Focal Length Equivalent: 1.6X
• Medium: SD/SDHC/SDXC/UHS-I
• Large: Approx. 20 megapixels (5472 x 3648)
• Medium: Approx. 8.9 megapixels (3648 x 2432)
• Small 1: Approx. 5 megapixels (2736 x 1824)
• Small 2: Approx. 2.5 megapixels (1920 x 1280)
• Small 3: Approx. 350,000 pixels (720 x 480)
• RAW: Approx. 20 megapixels (5472 x 3648)
• 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p/25p/24p (IPB): approx 235 MB/min
• 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p/50p (IPB): approx 205 MB/min
• 640 x 480 (HD): 30p/25p (IPB): Approximately 78 MB/min
• Coverage (vertical/horizontal): 98%
• Dioptric Adjustment: -3 to +1m dpt
• AF Points: 19 AF points, all cross type
• Shooting Modes: 10 standard modes
• Metering Segments: 63 zone TTL full aperture
• Metering Modes: Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Centre-weighted average
• ISO Speed Range: ISO 100-12800 (expandable to ISO 25600)
• Exposure Compensation: 1/3 or 1/2-stop increments; Normal: ±5; Manual, AEB: ±3
• Shutter Speed: 1/8000 sec – 30, bulb, X-sync 1/250 sec.
• E-TTL II Autoflash: Yes
• Built-in Flash / Guide Number: Yes / 12
• Shooting Speed: 7 fps
• Settings: 9
• WB Bracketing: Yes
• LCD Monitor: 3” Vari Angle TFT Colour Liquid Crystal (Approx. 1,040,000 dots)
• Integrated Cleaning System: Yes
• Live View: Yes (Live View Shooting, Movie Servo AF, Remote Live View Shooting, Face Detection, AF Mode, Manual, Magnified View, Multi Aspect Ratio, Exposure Simulation display)
• External Interface: Hi-Speed USB/ HDMI / Stereo Audio OUT/ External Microphone IN / Remote Control • Terminal (RS-60E3)
• Wireless Remote Control Shooting: Yes (RC-6 required)
• Battery: Lithium Ion LP-E6
• Chassis Material: Aluminium alloy and polycarbonate resin with glass fibre
• Dimensions (W x H x D) mm: 139 x 104.3 x 78.5 mm
• Weight incl. battery (g): 755
Canon EOS 70D 20.2 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Body Only
We are an Authorised Canon NZ Dealer
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.