ASUS ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA AMD sTRX4 TRX40 ATX Gaming Motherboard
• High-end desktop processors have greater power requirements due to the abundance of cores and memory channels. The latest Threadripper evolutions are particularly demanding, so intelligent VRM design and quality components are vital – especially for overclocked CPUs that live closer to the edge of stability. Accompanied with our critically-acclaimed UEFI and AI Suite tuning utility, ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha offers an accessible range of manual tweaking tools, plus a highly-configurable auto-tuner that maximizes system control and performance with no expert knowledge required.
Teamed Power Architecture
• Modern CPU architectures up the ante for motherboard power design by transitioning from deep power-saving modes to full load almost instantaneously. Our latest VRM architecture rises to the challenge by utilizing teamed power stages to rapidly swing current, while maintaining exemplary thermal performance.
• Having the bandwidth to fuel multiple PCIe SSDs and graphics cards is part of the allure of high-end desktop platforms. ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha fully exploits Threadripper's 64-lane capability, empowering you to connect up to 20 PCIe devices simultaneously. Every single PCIe x16 and M.2 is wired with PCIe 4.0, and the board also accelerates both wired and wireless networking – with both Aquantia 10 Gbps Ethernet and the latest Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) onboard.
• ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha supports up to five M.2 drives for maxed-out storage. Two ride the ROG DIMM.2 module, next to the memory slots, and support drives up to 110m. There are another two slots under the aluminum heatsink cover, with a fifth one at the rear of the board. Every one of these slots is wired to support full PCIe 4.0 bandwidth, so they're compatible with the very latest NVMe SSDs – laying the foundation for the ultrafast transfer speeds needed to support machine-learning algorithms and drive higher-resolution game textures.
• AMD StoreMI is a software utility that accelerates any drive for better system responsiveness with reduced startup and software load times. It combines SSD performance with the affordability and capacity of an HDD by automatically moving frequently accessed data to dedicated SSD storage.
• Great power requires great cooling, so ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha employs large VRM heatsinks that strike the right balance between surface area and mass. The chipset heatsink integrates an active-cooling solution, helping to keep the underlying silicon stay cool under pressure, and also employs the same airflow to chill the SoC VRM. The extra-large heatsinks also cover multiple M.2 slots, meaning Zenith II Extreme Alpha is fully armed to provide the best foundation for extreme PC systems – enabling higher performance at lower temperatures.
• Sound is an integral part of gaming immersion. ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha's onboard audio joins the latest SupremeFX S1220 codec with a high-end ESS Sabre DAC. Power users in particular pipe content through multiple devices, so our Sonic Studio III software has an intuitive management interface that lets you route sound from applications to specific outputs. The board even supports DTS Sound Unbound technology, to create three-dimensional audio soundscapes that draw you further into virtual worlds.
• ROG is renowned for superior onboard audio, and ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha is no exception. The front-panel headphone output features a SABRE9018Q2C integrated DAC/amp capable of reaching -108dB THD+N to provide playback that conveys all the subtlety and nuances of even the highest-quality audio track. The improved resolution derived from the ESS Hyperstream DAC architecture expands the soundstage to give a better sense of positioning. Beyond resolution, the 120dB DNR provides an extremely low noise-floor, further accentuating dynamics and punch. And, when you want to shift priority to musicality, our Sonic Studio software provides an array of EQ options, allowing the sound signature to be tweaked to suit your cans.
• In addition to extraordinary performance, ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha provides extensive styling and customization options to let you build a system that truly stands apart.
Grow Your Gaming World
• Gear up with ROG components, from graphics and monitors to mice and keyboards. And up your game with complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility. The ROG ecosystem is more extensive than any competing brand, so enjoy greater choice as your system expands.
• Build in AMD Socket sTRX4 for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper Series Desktop Processors
Supports CPU up to 64 cores
• AMD TRX40
• AMD Ryzen Threadrippe Processors: 8 x DIMM, Max. 256GB, DDR4 MHz ECC and non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
• Quad Channel Memory Architecture
• Supports NVIDIA 3-Way SLI Technology
• Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX Technology
• 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper Series Desktop processors: 4 x PCIe 4.0 (x16, x16/x16, x16/x8/x16, x16/x8/x16/x8)
• 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper Series Desktop processors : 1 x ROG DIMM.2 Module supports 2 M.2 Socket 3 , with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support(SATA & PCIe 4.0 x4 mode) 2 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 (PCIe 4.0 x4 mode)
• 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper Series Desktop processors : 1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 (PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 mode). Support Raid 0, 1, 10
• AMD TRX40 chipset : 4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s),
• ASMedia SATA 6Gb/s controller : 4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s),
• Intel I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
• Aquantia AQC-107 10G
• Anti-surge LANGuard
• ROG GameFirst V Technology
Wireless Data Network:
• Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200
• Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.0
• Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
• Supports 2x2 MU-MIMO
• Supports channel bandwidth: HT20/HT40/HT80/HT160. Up to 1.73Gbps transfer speed
• Bluetooth 5.0
• ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
• 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors : 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s) (4 at back panel, red)
• AMD TRX40 chipset : 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 front panel connector port(s)
• AMD TRX40 chipset : 3 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s) (3 at back panel, red, 2 x Type-A+1 x Type-C)
• AMD TRX40 chipset : 3 x USB 2.0 port(s)
• ASMedia USB 3.2 Gen 1 controller : 8 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue)
• ASMedia USB 3.2 Gen2x2 controller : 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 (up to 20Gbps) port(s) (1 at back panel, , Type-C)
• 2 x 128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 3.0, ACPI 7.1
• WOL, PXE
• ATX Form Factor 31 cm x 27.7 cm
• 1x ROG logo plate sticker
• 6x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
• 1x Fan Extension Card II (6 x 4-pin Chassis Fan connectors, 3 x RGB headers, 3 x 2-pin Thermal • sensor header)
• 1x Fan Extension Card II power cable
• 1x Fan Extension Card II NODE connector cable
• 1x Fan Extension Card II screw package
• 1x ROG big sticker
• 1x Thermistor cable(s)
• 1x ROG coaster(s)
• 2x ROG weave SATA 6G cable
• 1x ROG Thank you card
• 1x ROG DIMM.2 with heatsink
• 1x M.2 Pad for ROG DIMM.2
• 1x ROG Multi-Bit screwdriver
• 1x Wi-Fi moving antenna
For the latest information on our services during the current COVID-19 alert levels Click Here
We are an Asus authorised reseller
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.