Asus Maximus VIII Impact Intel Z170 Skylake Mini-ITX Motherboard
Most powerful Z170 mini-ITX board with full-scale power, discrete audio and better upgradability
• LGA1151 socket for 6th-gen Intel Core desktop processors.
• Dual DDR4 4133(OC) support.
• Best gaming performance– Impact Power III, 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning, Pro Clock, second-generation T-Topology
• Best gaming audio– champion-level SupremeFX Impact III audio card with intuitive Sonic Studio II.
• Best gaming networking– Best-in-class Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
• Best gaming connectivity—2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO , NVMe U.2 and USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C for extreme-speed transfers and total compatibility.
• Best gaming protection– Carefully-selected premium components for maximum durability.
• ROG gives you more – More gaming-focused utilities, all free!
Designed And Tested For The Best Compatibility
Case and CPU-cooler compatibility is vital to mini-ITX gamers and enthusiasts, so ROG engineers performed hundreds of tests and modifications to perfect Maximus VIII Impact's layout to ensure maximum compatibility with both mini-ITX case designs and CPU coolers — giving you big confidence to build small!
Champion-Level Audio Supremefx Impact III
Maximus VIII Impact's onboard audio isn't just good — it's as good as you can get in mini-ITX! You benefit from the best gaming-audio inputs and outputs, with color-coded LEDs to guide to the right audio jacks and a collection of carefully-selected professional-grade audio components, including an ESS ES9023P digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with Hyperstream™ technology, ultra-low-jitter clock, Nichicon capacitors, 2VRMS headphone amp, and Sonic SenseAmp that automatically detects and optimizes any headset (32-600ohms) for purest sound quality. SupremeFX Impact III also features intuitive Sonic Studio II, so you'll apply and enjoy different audio effects for perfect entertainment — plus Perfect Voice noise-cancellation technology for team conversations with total clarity!
Best Gaming Performance
Greater performance means smoother gameplay — and that means more chance to win. With the best overclocking (OC) design, UEFI BIOS and intuitive OC gadget and utility, you'll enjoy unmatched performance — coupled with an exclusive cooling design ensures your system never breaks a sweat.
The Finest Compact Power With A Vertical Design Impact Power III
Maximus VIII Impact's completely-digital power architecture is engineered with premium components to provide precise power management and stable overclocking on mini-ITX. Dynamic speed adjustments and intricate manual controls let you the push the processor and memory further than ever — and that means the highest stability and precision!
Get Performance, Efficiency, Digital Power, Fan Control And Even Networking And Audio Tuning Tailored For You — And The Way You Play!
You don't need to be an expert to max out gaming performance on your Maximus VIII Impact build's gaming performance — because 5-Way Optimization sorts all the complex settings with a click, for instant, highly-controllable performance boosts! Our exclusive technology dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time use, so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and even networking and audio settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, productivity or just about anything else!
• Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance, prioritized bandwidth and vivid sound.
• Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
• Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps,
• even under heavy loading.
• Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money.
Asus Pro Clock Technology
Thought you'd taken overclocking as far as it could go? Meet ASUS Pro Clock, a dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 6th-generation Intel processors that ramps BCLK frequencies up to 400MHz or even beyond. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control — providing an exciting new way to boost performance to extremes!
• Advantages of ASUS Pro Clock
• Reduced boot times
• Lower jitter under extreme conditions for higher overclocks
• Increased stability under heavy overclocking
DDR4 Overclocking Strength In Numbers
Now you can drive DDR4 memory over 4133 (OC) at one DIMM per channel — and that means the best-ever gaming performance from your Maximus VIII Impact! Exceptional engineering has created optimized trace layouts, providing superb memory-overclocking capabilities on mini-ITX.
Media-Acclaimed Uefi Bios
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more gorgeous. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
Speed Your Game Loads
ROG's uniquely-intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds, getting to work the moment it's activated. RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times to stratospheric levels, and minimizes risk of data loss!
Best Gaming Connectivity
Maximus VIII Impact accelerates every connection, with the fastest 802.11ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi, the latest USB 3.1 Type-C and the newest U.2 socket for lightning-speed NVM Express devices — kicking every game into top gear!
2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi With Mu-Mimo
Maximus VIII Impact has next-level 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2x2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas for up to 867Mbit/s transfer speeds — and the very latest Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology to ensure that every connected user** experiences the best wireless and online speeds!
Join the NVMe revolution with built-in U.2 connector
Unlock the full potential of your storage with NVM Express (NVMe), the revolutionary specification that lets your SSDs scream at top speed. Just attach your drive to the built-in U.2 connector with plug-and-play ease to experience data-transfer speeds of up to 32Gbit/s — and free up a PCIe slot for another expansion card!
Ultimate USB 3.1 speed with Type-C on board
ASUS Maximus VIII Impact is engineered with the latest Intel USB 3.1 controller for 16Gbit/s total USB 3.1 bandwidth! With both USB 3.1 Type-A and reversible USB 3.1 Type-C ports for compatibility and convenience, you'll experience data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbit/s — or twice as fast USB 3.0. USB 3.1 is completely backward-compatible with your existing USB devices, and you'll be all set for USB 3.1's breakneck speeds. And ASUS-exclusive USB 3.1 Boost technology automatically accelerates USB 3.1 performance even further!
More Throughput And Less Processing Equals Faster Online Play
ROG features the very latest Intel Ethernet (I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming — always. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power for your game and your gameplay.
Pumped-Up Throughput Best Surge Protection
LANGuard means safer, more reliable connections for your battles! Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounting processes join forces to protect your Maximus VIII Impact motherboard's connection and deliver pumped-up throughput, plus electrostatically-guarded and surge-protected components (ESD Guards) for 1.9X-greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5X-greater protection (up to 15KV) against surges!
Team Up To Banish Lag
GameFirst IV Beta optimizes network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming — and now we've added Multi-Gate Teaming to team all your networks for maximum bandwidth and the smoothest-ever gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode, which automatically compiles a database by parsing new app data to ensure that every game is optimized for the best performance.
• Intel Socket 1151 for 6th Generation Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
• Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
• Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
• The Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
• Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
• Intel Z170
• 2 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR4 4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3800(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3500(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
• Dual Channel Memory Architecture
• Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
• Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
• Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
• Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel HD Graphics support
• Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz
• Supports Intel InTru 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider
• 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode, black)
• Intel Z170 chipset :
• 1 x U.2 port, black,
• 4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray,
• Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
• Intel Rapid Storage Technology supports
• Supports Intel Smart Response Technology
• Intel I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s), GameFirst technology
• Intel LAN- Dual interconnect between the Integrated LAN controller and Physical Layer (PHY)
• Anti-surge LANGuard
Wireless Data Network
• Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
• Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
• Supports MU-MIMO
• Bluetooth V4.1
• ROG SupremeFX Impact III 5.1-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
• Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
• SupremeFX Shielding Technology
• ESS ES9023P DAC: dB SNR, dB THD+N (Max. kHz/ -bit)
• 2VRMS Headphone Amp into (32-600Ohms)
• Front panel audio connector (AAFP)
• Audio Feature :
• Gold-plated jacks
• DTS Connect
• Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
• Sonic SenseAmp
• Sonic Studio II
• Sonic Radar II
• Intel Z170 chipset :
• Intel USB 3.1 controller :
• 1 x USB 3.1 port(s) (1 at back panel, black, Type-C)
• Intel USB 3.1 controller :
• 1 x USB 3.1 port(s) (1 at back panel, red, Type-A)
• 6 x USB 3.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
ROG Exclusive Features
• Slow Mode
• ROG RAMCache
• SupremeFX Impact III
• Start Button
• Reset Button
• LN2 Mode
• Impact Power III :
• MicroFine Alloy Chokes
• 10K Black Metallic Capacitors
• IR3553 PowIRStage MOSFETs
• Mem TweakIt
• KeyBot II
• One-click Overclocking
• Power On
• UEFI BIOS features : Profile
• GPU.DIMM Post
• Tweakers' Paradise
• ROG SSD Secure Erase
• Graphic Card Information Preview
• ROG RAMDisk
• Extreme Tweaker
• Special Features
• OC Design - ASUS PRO Clock Technology
• Full BCLK range for extreme overclocking performance
• 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
• 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU, EPU, DIGI+ Power Control, Fan Xpert 3, and Turbo App
• ASUS Wi-Fi GO!
ASUS Exclusive Features :
• AI Suite 3
• Ai Charger+
• USB 3.1 Boost
• Disk Unlocker
• Mobo Connect
• PC Cleaner
• Remote Entertainment
• Media Streamer
• ASUS EZ DIY :
• ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
• ASUS EZ Flash 3
• ASUS USB BIOS Flashback
• Push Notice
• ASUS Q-Design :
• ASUS Q-Shield
• ASUS Q-Code
• ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
• ASUS Q-Slot
• ASUS Q-DIMM
• Overclocking Protection :
• ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
Back I/O Ports:
• 1 x HDMI
• 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
• 1 x USB 3.1 (black)Type-C
• 1 x USB 3.1 (red)Type-A
• 4 x USB 3.0 (blue)
• 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
• 3 x Audio jack(s)
• 1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
• 2 x Wi-Fi antenna port(s)
• 1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
• 1 x Q-Code LED
• 1 x Start Button
• 1 x Reset Button
Internal I/O Ports:
• 1 x U.2 port
• 1 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.0 port(s)
• 4 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
• 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (4 -pin)
• 1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 -pin)
• 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
• 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
• 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)*2
• 1 x System panel(s)
• 1 x ProbeIt Measurement Points
• 1 x Thermal sensor connector(s)
• 1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
• 1 x LN2 Mode jumper(s)
• 1 x SupremeFX Impact II connector(s)
• 1 x Slow Mode jumper(s)
• 1 x SupremeFX Impact III connector
• 1 x M.2 socket pre-installed with a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module
• 1 x System panel connector
• Windows 10 , 64bit
• Windows 8.1 , 64bit
• Windows 7 , 32bit/64bit
• User's manual
• ASUS Q-Shield
• 4 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
• 1 x CPU installation tool
• 1 x Supporting DVD
• 1 x ASUS 2T2R dual band Wi-Fi moving antennas (Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compliant)
• 1 x Fan Extension Card (3 x 4-pin fan out)
• 1 x Fan Extension card screw pack
• 1 x 12 in 1 ROG Cable Label(s)
• ROG Fan Label
• 1 x 5-pin to 5-pin cable
• 1 x Panel cable
• 1 x Thermistor cable(s)
We are an Asus authorised reseller