- View all categories...
- View all categories...
- View all categories...
- View all categories...
Asus Maximus VIII Extreme Assembly Intel Z170 Socket 1151 Skylake ATX Motherboard
• LGA1151 socket for 6th-gen Intel Core desktop processors.
• Dual DDR4 3866 (OC) support
• Bundled gaming gear – SupremeFX Hi-Fi & 10G Express
• Best gaming performance – 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning, Pro Clock, second-generation T-Topology and Extreme Engine Digi+.
• Best gaming audio – Reinvented SupremeFX 2015 with intuitive Sonic Studio II.
• Best gaming networking – Best-in-class Intel Gigabit Ethernet and LANGuard.
• Best gaming connectivity — 3x3 802.11ac Wi-Fi , NVMe U.2, M.2, SATA Express and USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C for extreme-speed transfers and total compatibility.
• Best gaming protection – Carefully-selected premium components for maximum durability.
• ROG gives you more – More gaming-focused utilities, all free!
To be ROG is to be the rebel. To be ROG is to break every rule. We are rebellious ROG, breaking our own rules to envision a new future. A future forged with striking distinction. ROG is red. ROG is black. And now ROG is also Plasma Copper: elite assemblies for elite gamers. This is our mark of invincibility — and your new emblem of dominance.
GAMING AUDIO UPSCALED FOR FLAWLESS PERFECTION
ROG knows sound matters to gamers and streamers, and that's why we include a front-panel headphone amp that delivers sound exactly how the studio intended – pure, unadulterated audio straight to your ears. The ESS® ES9018K2M digital-to-analog converter (DAC), dual Texas Instruments LM4562 op-amps and TPA6120A2 headphone amp work in harmony to faithfully reproduce every detail without distortion or jitter, so you enjoy audiophile-grade 32-bit/386kHz, and output of over 6VRMS to your favorite 600ohm headphones. SupremeFX Hi-Fi has a Cirrus Logic analog-to-digital convertor (ADC) for exceptional recording quality and, when you crave excitement over accuracy, fire up ROG's Sonic Studio suite to apply endless audio enhancements!
TURN UP TO 10G!
• With PCI Express 2.0 x2 performance, you'll experience up to 10Gbit/s Ethernet speeds — up to 10X faster than other motherboards.
• 10G Express runs at five different speed — 10Gbit/s, 5Gbit/s, 2.5Gbit/s, 1Gbit/s and 100Mbit/s.
• 10G Express runs up to 5Gbit/s on existing CAT5e cabling, so no need to spend money on replacements.
• 10G Express is compliant with the NBASE-T Alliance* draft specification for 2.5Gbit/s and 5Gbit/s.
ONE CLICK OVERCLOCK AND COOLING, DONE!
You don't need to be an expert to max out gaming performance on your Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly build's gaming performance — because 5-Way Optimization sorts all the complex settings with a click, for instant, highly-controllable performance boosts! Our exclusive technology dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time use, so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and even networking and audio settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, productivity or just about anything else!
Thought you'd taken overclocking as far as it could go? Meet ASUS Pro Clock, a dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 6th-generation Intel processors that ramps BCLK frequencies up to 400MHz or even beyond*. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control — providing an exciting new way to boost performance to extremes!
Second-generation ASUS T-Topology pushes DDR4 memory overclocking to over 3866MHz with all memory slots populated — and that means the best-ever gaming performance from your Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly rig! Featuring a customized trace layout for reduced crosstalk and coupling noise, second-generation T-Topology ensures time-aligned signal transfer for improved memory stability and compatibility.
MEDIA-ACCLAIMED UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more gorgeous. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
THE FINEST POWER, DIGITALLY CONTROLLED
ROG's revered digital-power controller now delivers even-finer power, with dual PWM controllers, Infineon OptiMOS MOSFETs, MicroFine alloy chokes, and 10K black-metallic capacitors — ensuring Extreme Engine Digi+ always delivers the precise and smoothest core voltages!
CHAMPION-LEVEL AUDIO FROM SUPREMEFX 2015
Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly's onboard audio isn't just good — it's as good as you can get! You benefit from the best gaming-audio inputs and outputs, with special shielded designs, and a collection of carefully selected professional-grade audio components, including an ESS ES9023P digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with Hyperstream™ technology, ultra-low-jitter clock, Nichicon capacitors, 2VRMS headphone amp, and Sonic SenseAmp that automatically detects and optimizes any headset (32-600ohms) for purest sound quality. SupremeFX 2015 also features intuitive Sonic Studio II, so you'll apply and enjoy different audio effects for perfect entertainment — plus Perfect Voice noise-cancellation technology for team conversations with total clarity!
MORE THROUGHPUT AND LESS PROCESSING EQUALS FASTER ONLINE PLAY
ROG features the very latest Intel Ethernet (I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming — always. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power for your game and your gameplay.
PUMPED-UP THROUGHPUT BEST SURGE PROTECTION
LANGuard means safer, more reliable connections for your battles! Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounting processes join forces to protect your Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly motherboard's connection and deliver pumped-up throughput, plus electrostatically-guarded and surge-protected components (ESD Guards) for 1.9X-greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5X-greater protection (up to 15KV) against surges!
BRIGHTEN UP YOUR BUILD
Customize your own favorite LED effect to cast a stunning multi-color glow across your build, change shades to indicate CPU temperature, or pulsate in time to the beat of your favorite tunes.
• Intel Socket 1151 for 6th Generation Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
• Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
• Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
• The Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
• Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
• Intel Z170
• 4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3866(O.C.)/3800(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3500(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
• Dual Channel Memory Architecture
• Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
• Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
• Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
• Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel HD Graphics support
• Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DisplayPort 1.2 ports
• Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz
• Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz
• Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
• Supports Intel InTru 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider
• Supports NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI Technology
• Supports AMD 4-Way CrossFireX Technology
• 3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8 or x8/x4/x4, gray)
• 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x4 mode, gray)
• 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1 (black)
• Intel Z170 chipset :
• 1 x M.2 x4 Socket 3, with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)
• 6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray, 4 ports from 2 x SATA Express
• 2 x SATA Express port
• 1 x U.2 port
• Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
• Intel Rapid Storage Technology supports
• Supports Intel Smart Response Technology
• ASMedia ASM1061 controller: 2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), black,
• Intel I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
• Intel LAN- Dual interconnect between the Integrated LAN controller and Physical Layer (PHY)
• Anti-surge LANGuard
Wireless Data Network:
• Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
• Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
• Up to 1300Mbps transfer speed
• Bluetooth V4.0
• ROG SupremeFX 2015 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
• Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
• SupremeFX Shielding Technology
• ESS ES9023P
• TI RC4580 2VRMS audio OP AMP(s)
• Audio Feature :
• Gold-plated jacks
• DTS Connect
• Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
• Sonic SenseAmp
• Sonic Studio II
• Sonic Radar II
• Intel Z170 chipset : 6 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, 4 at mid-board)
• Intel Z170 chipset : 6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (6 at mid-board)
• ASMedia USB 3.1 controller : 2 x USB 3.1 port(s) (2 at back panel, red, Type-A)
• Intel USB 3.1 controller : 2 x USB 3.1 port(s) (2 at back panel, , Type-A + Type-C)
• ASMedia USB 3.0 controller : 2 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue)
Back I/O Ports:
• 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
• 1 x DisplayPort
• 1 x HDMI
• 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
• 1 x USB 3.1 (black)Type-C
• 3 x USB 3.1 (red)Type-A
• 4 x USB 3.0 (blue)
• 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
• 5 x Audio jack(s)
• 1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
• 1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
• 1 x ASUS Wi-Fi GO! module (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth v4.0/3.0+HS)
Internal I/O Ports:
• 1 x U.2 port
• 1 x AAFP connector
• 2 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.0 port(s)
• 3 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 6 USB 2.0 port(s)
• 2 x SATA Express connector: gray, Compatible with 4 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
• 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key design, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (Supports both SATA & PCIE SSD)
• 4 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
• 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (4 -pin)
• 1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (4 -pin)
• 4 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 -pin)
• 1 x Thunderbolt header(s)
• 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
• 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
• 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
• 1 x 4-pin EZ_PLUG Power connector(s)
• 1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
• 1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
• 1 x MemOK! button(s)
• 1 x Slow Mode switch(es)
• 9 x ProbeIt Measurement Points
• 3 x Thermal sensor connector(s)
• 1 x DRAM channel jumper
• 1 x Power-on button(s)
• 1 x Reset button(s)
• 1 x BIOS Switch button(s)
• 1 x SLI/CFX button (2/3/4-way adjustments)
• 1 x Water Pump header (4-pin)
• 1 x LN2 Mode jumper(s)
• 1 x ROG extension (ROG_EXT) header(s)
• 1 x Safe Boot button
• 1 x ReTry button
Windows 8.1 , 64bit
Windows 7 , 32bit/64bit
• User's manual
• ASUS Q-Shield
• 1 x ROG 10G Express
• SupremeFX Hi-Fi Kit:
• 1 x SupremeFX Hi-Fi
• 1 x SupremeFX Hi-Fi cable
• 8 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
• 1 x M.2 Screw Package
• 1 x CPU installation tool
• 1 x Supporting DVD
• 1 x ASUS 3T3R dual band Wi-Fi moving antennas (Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compliant)
• 1 x Fan Extension Card (3 x 4-pin fan out)
• 1 x Fan Extension card screw pack
• 1 x SLI bridge(s)
• 1 x CrossFire cable(s)
• 1 x Q-connector(s) (1 in 1)
• 3 x Thermal sensor cable pack(s)
• 1 x 12 in 1 ROG Cable Label(s)
• ROG Fan Label
• 1 x 5-pin to 5-pin cable
• 1 x ROG Door Hanger(s)
Due to the high demand on courier services during the Christmas period, our standard delivery times may extend. We recommend placing orders as early as possible for pre-Christmas delivery. Our offices close at 5pm, Friday 21st December and reopen Monday 7th January. Staff will be monitoring/processing orders and queries during this period. Full operations will resume on Monday 7th January.
We are an Asus authorised reseller
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review