Aruba AP-225 802.11n/ac Dual 3x3:3 MIMO Radio Integrated Antenna Wireless Indoor Access Point - Controller Managed
• Adapts to available 802.3af power-over-Ethernet (PoE) instead of requiring customers to upgrade to 802.3at PoE+.
Delivers 1.9 Gbps aggregate throughput
• EtherChannel link aggregation on two Gigabit Ethernet ports provides 1.9 Gbps throughput.
600 Mbps in the 2.4-GHz band
• Supports up to 600 Mbps for TurboQAM-enabled mobile devices operating in the 2.4-GHz band – an industry first.
Best-in-class RF management
• Integrated Adaptive Radio Management technology manages the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands and ensures that APs stay clear of RF interference.
• Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference.
• Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers threat protection and mitigation and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances.
• IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URL and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats.
• Encrypted IPsec VPN tunnels securely connect remote users to corporate network resources.
• Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys.
• SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic.
• Worst-case power consumption from the AP (excluding power drawn by an attached USB device): In restricted mode (PoE): 13.5 watts, In unrestricted mode (PoE): 17 watts, In unrestricted mode (DC): 15.5 watts
• Power sources sold separately
• Direct DC source: 12 Vdc nominal, +/- 5%
• Power over Ethernet (PoE): 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af or 802.3at-compliant source
• Efficient mode PoE – power save with 802.3af PoE and limited functionality on 2.4 GHz: USB port disabled, Second Ethernet port disabled, 2.4-GHz 802.11n radio in 1×3:1SS mode
• Unrestricted functionality with 802.3at PoE+
Wireless Radio Specifications
• AP type: Indoor, dual radio, 5 GHz 802.11ac and 2.4 GHz 802.11n: In addition to 802.11n data rates, the 2.4-GHz radio supports 802.11ac data rates using 256-QAM modulation. This gives TurboQAM-enabled clients a 33% boost above the maximum supported data rate.
• Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz
• 3×3 MIMO with three spatial streams and up to 1.3 Gbps wireless data rate
• Supported frequency band (country-specific restrictions apply): 2.4000 GHz to 2.4835 GHz, 5.150 to 5.250 GHz, 5.250 to 5.350 GHz, 5.470 to 5.725 GHz, 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
• Available channels: Dependent upon configured regulatory domain
• Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum
• Supported radio technologies: 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS), 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM), 802.11n/ac: 3×3 MIMO with up to three spatial streams
• Supported modulation types: 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK, 802.11a/g/n: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 802.11ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
• Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
• Maximum (aggregate, conducted total) transmit power (limited by local regulatory requirements): 2.4-GHz band: +23 dBm, 5-GHz bands: +23 dBm
• Advanced cellular coexistence (ACC) feature to effectively deal with interference from cellular systems
• Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance
• Cyclic delay diversity (CDD) for improved downlink RF performance
• Short guard interval for 20-MHz, 40-MHz and 80-MHz channels
• Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception
• Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput
• Transmit beam-forming (TxBF) for increased reliability in signal delivery
• Supported data rates (Mbps): 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11; 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54; 802.11n: 6.5 to 450 (MCS0 to MCS23); 802.11ac: 6.5 to 1,300 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 3)
• 802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
• 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80
• 802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
• Six integrated down-tilt omni-directional antennas for 3×3 MIMO with maximum antenna gain of 3.5 dBi in 2.4 GHz and 4.5 dBi in 5 GHz. Built-in antennas are optimized for horizontal ceiling mounted orientation of AP-225
• Two 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interfaces (RJ-45): Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX, PoE-PD: 48 Vdc 802.3af PoE or 802.3at PoE+
• DC power interface, accepts 1.7/4.0mm center-positive circular plug with 9.5 mm length
• USB 2.0 port (Type A connector)
• Serial console interface (RJ-45, TTL levels)
• Visual indicators (LEDs): Power/system status, Ethernet link status (2x; ENET0, ENET1), Radio status (2x; RAD0, RAD1)
• Kensington security slot
• Reset button
• Operating Temperature: 0 C to +50 C
• Operating Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
• Storage and transportation Temperature: -40 C to +70 C
• Dimensions (unit, excluding mount accessories): 203 x 203 x 54 mm (W x D x H)
• Weight (unit, excluding mount accessories): 750 g
We can only ship orders to individuals or businesses requiring essential equipment to ensure that they can stay connected, continue working, or study from home. It is your responsibility to only place an order if you fit within this criteria. Please note our standard dispatch and delivery time frames will extend during this period. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.