Aruba AP-225 802.11n/ac Dual 3x3:3 MIMO Radio Integrated Antenna Wireless Indoor Access Point - Controller Managed
• Adapts to available 802.3af power-over-Ethernet (PoE) instead of requiring customers to upgrade to 802.3at PoE+.
Delivers 1.9 Gbps aggregate throughput
• EtherChannel link aggregation on two Gigabit Ethernet ports provides 1.9 Gbps throughput.
600 Mbps in the 2.4-GHz band
• Supports up to 600 Mbps for TurboQAM-enabled mobile devices operating in the 2.4-GHz band – an industry first.
Best-in-class RF management
• Integrated Adaptive Radio Management technology manages the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands and ensures that APs stay clear of RF interference.
• Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference.
• Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers threat protection and mitigation and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances.
• IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URL and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats.
• Encrypted IPsec VPN tunnels securely connect remote users to corporate network resources.
• Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys.
• SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic.
• Worst-case power consumption from the AP (excluding power drawn by an attached USB device): In restricted mode (PoE): 13.5 watts, In unrestricted mode (PoE): 17 watts, In unrestricted mode (DC): 15.5 watts
• Power sources sold separately
• Direct DC source: 12 Vdc nominal, +/- 5%
• Power over Ethernet (PoE): 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af or 802.3at-compliant source
• Efficient mode PoE – power save with 802.3af PoE and limited functionality on 2.4 GHz: USB port disabled, Second Ethernet port disabled, 2.4-GHz 802.11n radio in 1×3:1SS mode
• Unrestricted functionality with 802.3at PoE+
Wireless Radio Specifications
• AP type: Indoor, dual radio, 5 GHz 802.11ac and 2.4 GHz 802.11n: In addition to 802.11n data rates, the 2.4-GHz radio supports 802.11ac data rates using 256-QAM modulation. This gives TurboQAM-enabled clients a 33% boost above the maximum supported data rate.
• Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz
• 3×3 MIMO with three spatial streams and up to 1.3 Gbps wireless data rate
• Supported frequency band (country-specific restrictions apply): 2.4000 GHz to 2.4835 GHz, 5.150 to 5.250 GHz, 5.250 to 5.350 GHz, 5.470 to 5.725 GHz, 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
• Available channels: Dependent upon configured regulatory domain
• Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum
• Supported radio technologies: 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS), 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM), 802.11n/ac: 3×3 MIMO with up to three spatial streams
• Supported modulation types: 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK, 802.11a/g/n: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 802.11ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
• Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
• Maximum (aggregate, conducted total) transmit power (limited by local regulatory requirements): 2.4-GHz band: +23 dBm, 5-GHz bands: +23 dBm
• Advanced cellular coexistence (ACC) feature to effectively deal with interference from cellular systems
• Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance
• Cyclic delay diversity (CDD) for improved downlink RF performance
• Short guard interval for 20-MHz, 40-MHz and 80-MHz channels
• Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception
• Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput
• Transmit beam-forming (TxBF) for increased reliability in signal delivery
• Supported data rates (Mbps): 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11; 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54; 802.11n: 6.5 to 450 (MCS0 to MCS23); 802.11ac: 6.5 to 1,300 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 3)
• 802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
• 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80
• 802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
• Six integrated down-tilt omni-directional antennas for 3×3 MIMO with maximum antenna gain of 3.5 dBi in 2.4 GHz and 4.5 dBi in 5 GHz. Built-in antennas are optimized for horizontal ceiling mounted orientation of AP-225
• Two 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interfaces (RJ-45): Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX, PoE-PD: 48 Vdc 802.3af PoE or 802.3at PoE+
• DC power interface, accepts 1.7/4.0mm center-positive circular plug with 9.5 mm length
• USB 2.0 port (Type A connector)
• Serial console interface (RJ-45, TTL levels)
• Visual indicators (LEDs): Power/system status, Ethernet link status (2x; ENET0, ENET1), Radio status (2x; RAD0, RAD1)
• Kensington security slot
• Reset button
• Operating Temperature: 0 C to +50 C
• Operating Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
• Storage and transportation Temperature: -40 C to +70 C
• Dimensions (unit, excluding mount accessories): 203 x 203 x 54 mm (W x D x H)
• Weight (unit, excluding mount accessories): 750 g
Please note our standard dispatch and delivery time frames will extend during this period. Our courier partners will provide a contactless delivery service. For more information Click Here
Questions & Answers
Have a technical question about this product?
Customer Product Reviews
Purchased this item? Be the first to write a review.