AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz Six-Core AM4 Processor
Designed for smooth gaming and efficient, advanced multi-processing performance, the Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz Six-Core AM4 Processor from AMD has a base clock speed of 3.2 GHz and a maximum turbo frequency of 3.6 GHz. Additionally, this processor features six cores with twelve threads in an AM4 socket with 3MB of L2 cache memory and 16MB of L3 cache memory. Having six cores allows the processor to run multiple programs simultaneously without slowing down the system, while the twelve threads allow a basic ordered sequence of instructions to be passed through or processed by a single CPU core. This processor also has a TDP of 65W.
Graphically, the Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz Six-Core AM4 Processor does not contain any integrated graphics, meaning that users will need to purchase a dedicated graphics card of their choice. It is also unlocked, meaning it can be overclocked past its maximum turbo frequency. However, this is not recommended, as it will cause the processor to run much hotter. This CPU includes a Wraith Spire 95W cooler and is protected by a limited 3-year warranty.
"Zen" Core Architecture
High Performance and Efficiency
AMD's high-performance x86 Core "Zen" architecture helps delivers >52% improvement in instructions per clock cycle over the previous generation AMD core, without increasing power.
The "Zen" core is an all-new "clean sheet" x86 processor design that combines high-throughput and low-power design methodologies to create a balanced and versatile architecture right at home in the desktop, laptop, datacenter, and supercomputer.
Performance and Efficiency for Next-Gen Applications
Cloud computing, enterprise productivity, immersive visual experiences, gaming, and data security open up new frontiers - and demand more computing performance with improved energy efficiency. AMD engineers designed the "Zen" core to meet those demands with a high-performance execution engine, large caches, and powerful multi-threading capabilities.
"Zen" Microarchitecture Details
"Zen" cores are designed to efficiently use available micro-architectural resources for improved compute performance. Compared to AMD's previous architecture, three-tier cache system and pre-fetch algorithms enable higher throughput in the cache and execution engines.
AMD SenseMI Technology
Cool and quiet processor operation using a grid of smart sensors:
• Monitors CPU temperature, resource usage, and power draw
• Adaptive control optimizes power draw for almost any workload
• Minimized power consumption helps reduce system heat and noise
Fine-tuned processor performance adjusted in real time to meet the performance demands of your game or app:
• Adjusts clock speeds in 25 MHz increments to help optimize performance
• Clock-speed changes can occur without pausing work
• High-precision tuning with 25 MHz increments
Extended Frequency Range (XFR)
Automatic extra performance boost for enthusiasts with premium systems and processor cooling:
• Permits CPU speeds above and beyond ordinary Precision Boost limits
• Clock speed scales with cooling solution: air, water, and LN2
• Fully automated; no user input required
Neural Net Prediction
Built-in artificial intelligence that primes your processor to tackle your app workload more efficiently:
• Builds a temporary map of how your programs use the CPU
• Prepares the fastest processor pathways for your app's behaviors
Learning algorithms that predict and pre-load needed data for fast and responsive computing:
• Learns how your applications access their own data
• Sophisticated algorithms anticipate and pre-load that data into the AMD Ryzen processor
• Vital data is ready when you are, enabling improved performance
AMD Ryzen Master Utility
AMD Ryzen Master
Every AMD Ryzen processor is multiplier-unlocked from the factory, so you can personalize performance to your taste. AMD provides the AMD Ryzen Master utility to access this powerful advantage.
AMD Ryzen Master provides for up to four profiles to store custom clocks and voltage adjustments for both the Ryzen CPU and DDR4 memory. You can park cores and adjust memory timings, too.
Accurate hardware status updates are vital, so AMD Ryzen Master has you covered with both real-time monitoring and a histogram of per-core clock rates and temperature, including average and peak readings.
• Model: Ryzen 5 1600
• Cores: 6
• Threads: 12
• Base Clock Speed: 3.2 GHz
• Max Turbo Core Speed: 3.6 GHz
• Total L2 Cache: 3 MB
• Total L3 Cache: 16 MB
• TDP: 65 W